Goonstation Forums
GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good Again - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good Again (/showthread.php?tid=5079)

Pages: 1 2

GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good Again - Skunkrocker - 07-07-2015

This is simply a list of suggestions for the auth disk Noe that it isn't required for nuke to make it worthwhile to guard.
- Override Authority - When used in a PC, can override the authority required for things like editing IDs, or calling the shuttle.
- Freeform Forever - When used on the Upload allows you to make multiple laws as opposed to just one, effectively giving the Captain (or whoever) the ability to overwrite any problem with the AI.
- Access Granted - Can be used to order certain replacement one of a kind items from CentCom through QM, such as new Captain IDs and Reset boards.

Any other ideas? Make the disk not suck, and antags want to FUKKEN GET it again.

Re: GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good A - atomic1fire - 07-07-2015

Renaissance cascade: Insert into the telescience computer to spawn hostile NPCs from a wormhole. Basically a miniaturized disaster round. Requires the disk stay in the telesci computer, meaning just about anyone can stop the wormhole with sufficient force.

Re: GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good A - Zamujasa - 07-07-2015

The disk actually has three different activation codes on it right now. I haven't checked if they're useful for anything, but they might be the round auth codes for the buddies/shuttle call. So I guess if you somehow get the disk (but not any relevant ID) you might be able to abuse that.

Re: GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good A - Skunkrocker - 07-07-2015

PURGE mode - The Authorization Disk is required for Buddie PURGE.

Insta-Nuke! - Getting the Auth Disk during a Nuke round can auto-shorten the time to 30 seconds! Why does the Captain have a disk that can be used on the Syndicate's Bomb?! Who knows...

Authority Discount - Use the Authorization Disk while shopping to get 10% off!

Re: GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good A - Noah Buttes - 07-07-2015

Zamujasa Wrote:The disk actually has three different activation codes on it right now. I haven't checked if they're useful for anything, but they might be the round auth codes for the buddies/shuttle call. So I guess if you somehow get the disk (but not any relevant ID) you might be able to abuse that.

I could be completely wrong about this, but I think those are leftovers from back when the zeta nuke still existed and still required multiple head authorizations to detonate.

Re: GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good A - medsal15 - 07-07-2015

Lucky DNA scramble: Scramble the DNA with more chances to get good mutations.
Unlucky DNA scramble: Same but for bad mutations.
Secret hardcore deadly telesci location: Allows access to another telesci location which is deadly and hardcore.
Hidden crate: Trator only. Unlocks another surplus crate with better/more content. Same price.
Random spell: Insert it in the [REDACTED] to unlock a random spell. Contains wrestling, ling, wizard, etc. spells.
Auto destruction: Solve the game and the disk. If you fail, you are destroyed.

Re: GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good A - Skunkrocker - 07-07-2015

I think you guys are kind of missing the point of this, but okay.

Re: GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good A - Frank_Stein - 07-07-2015

How about it un-emags things?

See, that might be a good idea.

I was thinking more along the lines of "It's something that both a Captain could have a use out of, and an Antag as well" and not one or the other. Like if it can shorten the nuke time to 30 seconds for the Syndicate, with the disk the crew might also turn the nuke OFF rendering it useless.

Re: GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good A - pizzatiger - 07-07-2015

Neat, I made a thread for this before but it died after Bane claimed it was too powerful

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5269&p=58919&hilit=disk#p58919

Re: GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good A - Frank_Stein - 07-07-2015

That's the thing, the disk can be useful, but not too useful, considering the Captain is already a very powerful role with a great deal of access to the station and an energy gun.

Re: GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good A - BruiseCruise - 07-07-2015

atomic1fire Wrote:Renaissance cascade: Insert into the telescience computer to spawn hostile NPCs from a wormhole. Basically a miniaturized disaster round. Requires the disk stay in the telesci computer, meaning just about anyone can stop the wormhole with sufficient force.

Wormhole spawns drunken and violent townsfolk and knights

Frank_Stein Wrote:That's the thing, the disk can be useful, but not too useful, considering the Captain is already a very powerful role with a great deal of access to the station and an energy gun.

That's why we hash this out together as a community! We can make it not OP.

Re: GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good A - vampirate - 07-07-2015

Why not just make it so that inserting the disk into the nuke eats the disk and adds three minutes to the countdown time. Still a very legit reason to secure the nuke disk, and addresses the five minute problem the nuke round has

Re: GET DAT FUKKEN DISK - Make the Authorization Disk Good A - UrsulaMejor - 07-07-2015

I like the idea of the auth disk unemaggingb things in limited ways. for example, I think officer beepsky probably doesn't have a slot for a disk and shouldn't be able to fixed, but the shuttle computer probably does so a quick thinking captain could extend the shuttle time back from 10 seconds.