Goonstation Forums
Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings (/showthread.php?tid=5043)

Pages: 1 2

Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - vampirate - 06-28-2015

Basically the title of the thread. As a vamp you can get to nearly full power just by those three and they offer no resistance. Can offer fun messages for each. Can make Shitty Bill say something funny while you're at it. Those three are a cheap jump start, in my opinion.

Re: Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - Frank_Stein - 06-28-2015

Give them monkey AI

Re: Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - franfoer - 06-28-2015

Maybe there could be side-effects for each one. So Shitty Bill gives you neurological damage, Father Jack makes you permanently drunk, and Discount Dan...does something else, maybe a crank addiction. Leaves the option open to eat one for emergencies/subterfuge, but makes a round significantly harder if you consume all three.

Re: Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - medsal15 - 06-28-2015

I use them for mutations, sometimes.

Re: Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - Haine - 06-29-2015

A while ago I was working on a new NPC for the diner, a bartender, who'd protect those guys. Not 100% effectively, certainly, but it was something more than they've got now v

Re: Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - Stryxic - 06-29-2015

Haine Wrote:A while ago I was working on a new NPC for the diner, a bartender, who'd protect those guys. Not 100% effectively, certainly, but it was something more than they've got now v

That may unfortunately give them yet another NPC to eat. For part of it, why not make Father Jack like the Chaplain? He is a priest after all, his blood should burn vamps.

Re: Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - Grayshift - 06-29-2015

I think they're pretty handy how they are. If a scrub ling or vamp just wants to eat them in the name of winning rather than having fun, I don't object to that.

They're very useful for genetics.

Re: Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - Roomba - 06-29-2015

I like it the way it currently is because on mixed rounds all the lings/vamps looking for a cheap boost rush to the diner and end up bumping into each other. That's always fun.

Re: Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - Tom Clancy's Gay Ghost - 06-29-2015

Roomba Wrote:I like it the way it currently is because on mixed rounds all the lings/vamps looking for a cheap boost rush to the diner and end up bumping into each other. That's always fun.
I formed a changeling/vampire alliance through an awkward diner meeting. Don't ruin the intermonster socializing.

Re: Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - vampirate - 06-29-2015

Yeah it might be easier just to make it so they can't be dragged and they fight back with a monkey like AI. I think there should be SOME effort involved. I do like the idea of a bartender that tries to defend them

Re: Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - Noah Buttes - 06-29-2015

I say we leave it as is. While this may be a bit of a niche usage, it's a very important niche nonetheless.

Shitty bill, father jack, and glabs are absolutely vital for genetics in extended rounds. You can't rely on anyone cloning you if you get murdered by monkeys, and with the new activators, you need to let your patients out of the machine to get chromosomes. If you're using a monkey for that, there's a high chance of accidentally killing your test subject or being killed by your test subject.

There's also this:
The Worst Wrote:
Roomba Wrote:I like it the way it currently is because on mixed rounds all the lings/vamps looking for a cheap boost rush to the diner and end up bumping into each other. That's always fun.
I formed a changeling/vampire alliance through an awkward diner meeting. Don't ruin the intermonster socializing.

Re: Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - Ed Venture - 06-29-2015

I think it should be left the way it is.

Re: Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - poland spring - 06-29-2015

Keep it the way it is but make eating any of them force you to take on their AI mannerisms, like what happens if you brainswap with Bill or Jack

Re: Make the Diner Gang nonconsumable by Vamps and Lings - vampirate - 06-29-2015

Noah Buttes Wrote:I say we leave it as is. While this may be a bit of a niche usage, it's a very important niche nonetheless.

Shitty bill, father jack, and glabs are absolutely vital for genetics in extended rounds. You can't rely on anyone cloning you if you get murdered by monkeys, and with the new activators, you need to let your patients out of the machine to get chromosomes. If you're using a monkey for that, there's a high chance of accidentally killing your test subject or being killed by your test subject.

There's also this:
The Worst Wrote:

You mean you don't put a straight jacket on the monkey first?

poland spring Wrote:Keep it the way it is but make eating any of them force you to take on their AI mannerisms, like what happens if you brainswap with Bill or Jack
Seeing a vampire or changeling be forced to take on Bill's and Father's mannerisms is a fair compromise.