Goonstation Forums
Reattacheable borg limbs - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Reattacheable borg limbs (/showthread.php?tid=4966)

Pages: 1 2

Reattacheable borg limbs - vampirate - 06-15-2015

This is a particularly simple one.

You know how you can attach robot arms? Wouldn't they attach into an artificial socket? It feels to me like if you get a borg limb you should just be able to reattach it if it gets blasted off and survives. Would certainly up the demand for borg limbs (I have no clue why more people don't get them.)

Borgs can't pick them up, so balance remains.

Re: Reattacheable borg limbs - Spy_Guy - 06-15-2015

Borg limbs already have their own benefits. Not sure if they should have more.

Re: Reattacheable borg limbs - Dr_Bee - 06-16-2015

borg limbs are torn off in an oily arch, not simply popped out like something from Bender in Futurama. and yeah, they already have enough benefit.

Re: Reattacheable borg limbs - misto - 06-16-2015

does having borg arms let u activate borg-touch-needed artifacts?

if not it should

Re: Reattacheable borg limbs - Frank_Stein - 06-16-2015

Dr_Bee Wrote:borg limbs are torn off in an oily arch, not simply popped out like something from Bender in Futurama. and yeah, they already have enough benefit.
It would be neat if you could reattach them with the help of tools. Pop the arm/leg in place, add wire, screwdriver, welder

Re: Reattacheable borg limbs - vampirate - 06-16-2015

At the same time it gets tedious reattaching the same arm 3 times in a round having to limp to robotics again and again. It's one of those "err on the side of fun" things. Another slight idea might be to add a robotics manufacturer to the medbay area near the bar?

Re: Reattacheable borg limbs - Roomba - 06-16-2015

Replacing limbs is one of the few medical procedures people actually need to come to medbay for, and you don't even need another person's help if you're clever. I don't think it needs to be simplified any further.

I would like to see replacing borg limbs as a one-click process for borgs, though, as the current process is rather overcomplicated and borgs are way more screwed without limbs than a regular human.

Actually the main reason to come to medbay is shock or cardio problems, even those can be handled if you're clever. It's no fun limping from security to medbay when you just got a leg replaced. Especially to have to wait for someone to open the doors and reattach your stuff. It's a minor perk that errs on the side of fun

Re: Reattacheable borg limbs - Roomba - 06-16-2015

Maybe we're working from different definitions of fun, but I personally think it makes rounds more interesting the more reasons people have to interact with each other, and doctoring/medbay especially because 90% of medical procedures can be managed on their own, to the point where any attempt at doctoring can be met with outright suspicion. It might be annoying on a personal level to drag yourself around missing a leg, but that's when you get the help of someone else to drag you to medbay. I'd rather have it the way it is now than have medbay descend even more into uselessness where everyone walks in, patches themself up in silence and leaves without talking to anyone. Losing a limb should be a major issue that requires significant fixing up.

A robotics fabricator near the bar minimed would not go amiss, though.

My main thought on the robotics fab in the north med area was that at least if your limb was out of reach you didn't have to hobble from the bar to medbay. Also if medbay is busted for some reason it doesn't leave you SoL completely. Hell even just a closet with a stack of four arms and four legs would work. That way if you wanted treads you still had to go to the roboticist.

Re: Reattacheable borg limbs - franfoer - 06-16-2015

Having some spare robot limbs in the bar medbay does seem like a good idea; they're basically prosthetics.

I agree that having them be able to simply popped back in isn't a great idea considering the benefits of robot limbs already, but I do like the idea of being able to repair them with wires/screwdrivers/welding torch. It allows you to do the surgery yourself (as opposed to getting drunk or relying on sprite glitches) but there's still a fair amount of preparation/inventory management so it's not an out and out bonus. Possibly a repaired limb would lose the cyber-benefits--you have two hands again, but if you want your strength back you'll still need to sweet-talk a roboticist.

Re: Reattacheable borg limbs - Zafhset - 06-16-2015

If medbay is busted, you can still get robotic limbs from QM and Faint Signal.
You don't even need a surgical table to do limb reattachment - nothing's stopping you from filling a crate with spare limbs and a stapler from either of these locations and dragging it to the bar if you wanted to run a prosthetic trade.

Re: Reattacheable borg limbs - vampirate - 06-17-2015

Zafhset Wrote:If medbay is busted, you can still get robotic limbs from QM and Faint Signal.
You don't even need a surgical table to do limb reattachment - nothing's stopping you from filling a crate with spare limbs and a stapler from either of these locations and dragging it to the bar if you wanted to run a prosthetic trade.
Qm... the only place even farther from the other side of the station than medbay

Re: Reattacheable borg limbs - Noah Buttes - 06-18-2015

Borg limbs actually have advantages?

Re: Reattacheable borg limbs - Zafhset - 06-18-2015

Noah Buttes Wrote:Borg limbs actually have advantages?

Have you tried resisting out of cuffs with a pair of borg limbs?