Goonstation Forums
Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell (/showthread.php?tid=4748)

Pages: 1 2

Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - Ed Venture - 05-11-2015

Now the code has been changed so some spells like Magic Missile have a greatly reduced cooldown. One thing that always puzzled me even before this change was "Why is the cluwne's spell cooldown so long?" Now I'm not saying reduce said cooldown to ten seconds. I'm asking for it to get reduced to something shorter then it is now.

Also consider this another wizard adjustment thread if you wish.
shrug

Re: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - Noah Buttes - 05-11-2015

I think shocking grasp has a shorter cooldown than clown's revenge.

The spell that irreversibly kills someone has a shorter cooldown than the one that turns people into less dangerous clowns.

Re: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - UrsulaMejor - 05-11-2015

better dead than cluwne

Re: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - Dr_Bee - 05-11-2015

UrsulaMejor Wrote:better dead than cluwne

yeah. this. also Cluwne curse makes the victim drop all of their items where shocking grasp disintegrates them all. cluwning the captain or HoS is a free deadly laser basically. plus when someone is Cluwned they become fair game for everyone else to murder.

Re: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - Noah Buttes - 05-11-2015

Cluwnes can and will still kill you.

Not to mention the stun from the cluwne spell seems to be missing once again (?)

Re: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - Frank_Stein - 05-11-2015

Yeah. I had a wiz round recently and only cluwned people. The stun from it seemed to be about the same as pushing someone over.

Re: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - mozi - 05-11-2015

cluwne is a strong spell, but it's also hilarious, and I'd like to see it get more use

Re: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - Berrik - 05-11-2015

While we're on the topic of wizards, make Rathen's Secret blow people's heads off if they're in crit.

BOLD BULL's head flies off in a magical explosion!

Re: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - Ed Venture - 05-11-2015

Berrik Wrote:While we're on the topic of wizards, make Rathen's Secret blow people's heads off if they're in crit.

BOLD BULL's head flies off in a magical explosion!

I like this idea

Re: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - 69andahalf - 05-11-2015

mozi Wrote:cluwne is a strong spell, but it's also hilarious, and I'd like to see it get more use

I've tried to stop being your average average fireball slinging wizard and tried to use some less than lethal butt very annoying spell selections. I was finally able to test one of these out and I picked cluwne, Rathen's revenge, spell shield, and soul guard. The other wizard also chose to follow this idea as well, as I think they really only used the cluwne spell mainly. Honestly the cluwne spell may be one of the most deadly spells out there, by the end we were able to kill the majority of our targets without using any lethal spells. Just a ton of cluwnes running to robotics or suiciding, we let the cluwnes kill themselves for us.

Re: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - crasscrab - 05-12-2015

make it so you can devote all your spells to curse of the cluwne so the spell doesnt have a cooldown but is the only spell you have aside from the starting spells

Re: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - BaneOfGiygas - 05-12-2015

I'm just going to speak for everyone here when I say that under no circumstances barring heavy admin intervention should the curse of the cluwne ever under any condition be without a cooldown.

Re: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - APARTHEID - 05-12-2015

crasscrab Wrote:make it so you can devote all your spells to curse of the cluwne so the spell doesnt have a cooldown but is the only spell you have aside from the starting spells

^^^ this intervention right here ^^^

Re: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - Ed Venture - 05-12-2015

BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I'm just going to speak for everyone here when I say that under no circumstances barring heavy admin intervention should the curse of the cluwne ever under any condition be without a cooldown.

No one is saying it should not have a cooldown. If you read the OP all I said was I wanted it reduce. Spells that straight up kill you and take you out of the round have a shorter cooldown then the cluwne spell and that makes no sense to me. Hell I would be happy if they made 10 to 30 seconds shorter.

Re: Reduce the cooldown on the cluwne spell - BaneOfGiygas - 05-13-2015

Ed Venture Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I'm just going to speak for everyone here when I say that under no circumstances barring heavy admin intervention should the curse of the cluwne ever under any condition be without a cooldown.

No one is saying it should not have a cooldown. If you read the OP all I said was I wanted it reduce. Spells that straight up kill you and take you out of the round have a shorter cooldown then the cluwne spell and that makes no sense to me. Hell I would be happy if they made 10 to 30 seconds shorter.
That post was not in response to the OP, but was in direct response to this:

crasscrab Wrote:make it so you can devote all your spells to curse of the cluwne so the spell doesnt have a cooldown but is the only spell you have aside from the starting spells

In any case, I'm going to concur with the notion that cluwning is, while not more lethal than stuff like shocking grasp, much more dangerous (you still get the person's stuff) and debilitating (the cluwne can mess with/distract/annoy others). However, I'd like for it to see more use over the generic Fireball McGee wizards that are practically ubiquitous with the round type by this point, so I would not at all be opposed to a minor cooldown reduction.