Goonstation Forums
Bees, Wasps, and Hornets: Get to know them! - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Bees, Wasps, and Hornets: Get to know them! (/showthread.php?tid=4635)

Pages: 1 2

Bees, Wasps, and Hornets: Get to know them! - MaRcuSTheDAWG - 04-23-2015

Okay, here's the deal. I'm, going to tell you the truth about these three guys. Okay, let's start!

Space Bees: Fluffy, cuddly? Yeah. Pretty much. But don't you know that the bees are planning to overthrow you guys? well, some of them. You know what happened in that research ship for growing the space bees. Then they killed all the scientists off. Now, If you are thinking "Why would Space Bees do such horrible things?" It's because some just hide their true nature by this fluffy, cuddly shell. Luckily, none of the bees on the station even come close to thinking about this.

Space Wasps: Look, you guys are seriously taking this too far. Wasps aren't evil, just protective! There's no need to fight about this Bees vs. Wasps thing! The wasps just try to protect themselves. They are also serious. Very serious. Just. Don't try to kill one, they don't like as much as we don't like killing bees. Another note: You should not bother wasps when they are being serious. If wasps want to be serious, let them be. Don't try to kill it. It's just trying to survive.

Space Hornets: OH GOD THESE THINGS WERE BORN FROM HELL THEY ARE EVIL KILL THEM AS SOON AS YOU SEE ONE

Re: Bees, Wasps, and Hornets: Get to know them! - MaRcuSTheDAWG - 04-23-2015

[quote="MaRcuSTheDAWG"] Don't try to kill it. It's just trying to survive.

And be serious.

[quote="MaRcuSTheDAWG"][quote="MaRcuSTheDAWG"]http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4981&p=55304&hilit=scuttlebot#p55304
And be serious.

Re: Bees, Wasps, and Hornets: Get to know them! - salix_catus - 04-23-2015

I get it now. You chose clown on your forum preferences.

salix_catus Wrote:I get it now. You chose clown on your forum preferences.

Actually, I have never played clown on Space Station 13 before.

Re: Bees, Wasps, and Hornets: Get to know them! - 69andahalf - 04-23-2015

MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:

You just save it all for the forums. HONK.

69andahalf Wrote:
MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:

You just save it all for the forums. HONK.
LOL. XD

MaRcUstheDAWG Wrote:

Actually, I have never played clown on Space Station 13 before. You just save it all for the forums. HONK.

lolololerlerlslzollin'

Re: Bees, Wasps, and Hornets: Get to know them! - Megapaco - 04-23-2015

Why do you keep making threads filled with old info everyone knows?

Megapaco Wrote:Why do you keep making threads filled with old info everyone knows?

This is meant to be a funny thread.

Re: Bees, Wasps, and Hornets: Get to know them! - 69andahalf - 04-23-2015

MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:
Megapaco Wrote:Why do you keep making threads filled with old info everyone knows?

This is meant to be a funny thread.

No wonder you never play clown.

Re: Bees, Wasps, and Hornets: Get to know them! - Xeram - 04-23-2015

I.

I want my intelligence and sanity back. You've damaged it.

Doesn't look like there's much to spare though.

Re: Bees, Wasps, and Hornets: Get to know them! - icarus - 04-24-2015

question for y'all: which is the funniest of the three, bees, wasps, or hornets?

i'd probably have to say wasps are the funniest conceptually, while hornets are funnier in actual usage. although bees are pretty alright on their own, there's nothing particularly hilarious about them; they're just doing their thing, making honey and making rap videos about Cheerio and taking Sting to court (Bee Movie was a classic btw)

wasps, on the other hand, take a familiar concept (bees) and add something that's just inches from being completely nonsensical (evil bees). seriously, just try saying "evil bees" out loud without laughing. the problem with wasps is that evil bees are a lot more fun to say then they are to actually encounter; it's a bit like "evil grandpa," where it's funny to think about an senile old man being evil, but it's less funny running into an old man who takes your ball, shoots at you with a double-barrel and has you clean up his Gran Torino (i have not seen Gran Torino, but i think that film had an evil grandpa, citation needed)

hornets are also conceptually funny, but this translates into what they actually are much better than it does for wasps. although "jumbo bees" isn't as funny as "evil bees," the joke works better when you see a "jumbo bee" hornet then an "evil bee" wasp. a jumbo bee is like a skinny guy in a fat suit: it isn't insanely funny, but it can be odd enough to at the very least get a laugh, if for nothing else but the novelty of it.

overall, i'd have to say hornets are generally the funniest (as they can be humorous in both concept and execution) while wasps are only funnier from a postmodernist outlook. bees aren't bad, but they're the norm. this is just my opinion though

Re: Bees, Wasps, and Hornets: Get to know them! - Ali0en - 04-24-2015

All three are equally funny because I smash them all with extinguishers.

Re: Bees, Wasps, and Hornets: Get to know them! - Frank_Stein - 04-24-2015

Being attacked by bees is such a funny concept to me, I don't know why. Something about how small they are. Like, they are so cute and tiny, but you can't effectively fight back if you're being swarmed by them. Just the word "bee" in general. You wouldn't think something so adorable sounding could be so dangerous. They're like a real life version of the rabbit of Caerbannog.

Here's a fun story about wasps. Once I was helping with a garage sale and as we were moving items out, there was an old carpet that was all bundled up. We started to move it, and it just made all these buzzing noises, so we figured wasps built a home in it. I very, very carefully moved it to the curb and was getting ready to make a warning sign for it, when someone just drove up and tossed it in the back of their car and drove off.