Goonstation Forums
More ideas! - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: More ideas! (/showthread.php?tid=4549)

Pages: 1 2 3

More ideas! - MaRcuSTheDAWG - 04-13-2015

My list of minor ideas.

THE GOOSE IS LOOSE
You can now create and unleash THE GOOSE! First you will need a vuvuzela, and then a right cyborg arm, attach then together, Eureka! You made THE GOOSE loose!

Honey, I shrunk the Crew!
Now there is a energizer beam in Telesci, you are capable of passing walls for a few seconds. It malfunctions 90% of the time, causing you to shrink down to monkey size. You are also very slow when shrunk.

Heavy Headwind
One of the new syndicate items for the Engineer is the Winderizer! It's a giant fan, which blows things away from it really fast! It can also be reversed to become a giant, vacuum plus gibbing machine!

Botanist's best Friend
A new Waterbot can be made by the Roboticist using a water can, a sensor, and a cyborg arm. It will come around the trays, automatically watering the plants. When emagged, It kills the plants by spraying pesticides, It could kill you easily, as well.

Miner Help
The Digbot is back! It, however, is a lot more useful, it can carry minerals to the new Deposit Bay, in the mining station. It is also capable of digging! When Emagged, it will search any wall, and tear it apart with its pickaxe! The wall equivalent to an emagged floorbot, you may say.

Re: More ideas! - Archenteron - 04-13-2015

I could have sworn this exact same thread was posted yesterday.

Re: More ideas! - MaRcuSTheDAWG - 04-13-2015

Archenteron Wrote:I could have sworn this exact same thread was posted yesterday.

I know,. I'm trying to get the minor ideas out to everyone as well.

Re: More ideas! - VictorMAngoStein - 04-13-2015

you can already shrink crew members...somehow

- MaRcuSTheDAWG - 05-02-2015

*bump*

Here's some ideas for some more AI shells because why not.

Medi-Shell
A small, wheeled shell that carries medical supplies. Pretty quick, but fragile. It can be used for injecting the crew with helpful medicines, although the AI is most likely to inject pathogens into monkeys. For Science! Spawns in Medbay.

Rail Shell
A shell that starts in a small room at the merchant docking. It moves around on the rail system, it can only move around the public hallways. It can talk to the crew and interact with electrical applicances, but that's about it. A rogue AI can't really do much with this apart from hitting the crew at high speeds.

Pod Shell
Basically a remote controlled drone. It can fly around space and shoot at anything that threatens it. Two of these are spawned near tiny docking ports in the AI core. Equipped with a Mk. 1 phaser.

Cargo Shell
Basically an AI version of the forklift, it can also pull things! This is the only shell capable of pulling objects, and, since it's an industrial model, it's pretty strong. Strong, but slow. Spawns in the Warehouse next to the forklift.

Securi-Shell
Armed with a taser and handcuffs, most commonly used for monkey outbreaks. It moves at walking speed, and is also rather strong, just two hits! Spawns in security

(Look, I can't help with the robots. frown)

Re: - BabaYaga - 05-02-2015

MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:*bump*

Medi-Shell
A small, wheeled shell that carries medical supplies. Pretty quick, but fragile. It can be used for injecting the crew with helpful medicines, although the AI is most likely to inject pathogens into monkeys. For Science! Spawns in Medbay.

Rail Shell
A shell that starts in a small room at the merchant docking. It moves around on the rail system, it can only move around the public hallways. It can talk to the crew and interact with electrical applicances, but that's about it. A rogue AI can't really do much with this apart from hitting the crew at high speeds.

Pod Shell
Basically a remote controlled drone. It can fly around space and shoot at anything that threatens it. Two of these are spawned near tiny docking ports in the AI core. Equipped with a Mk. 1 phaser.

Cargo Shell
Basically an AI version of the forklift, it can also pull things! This is the only shell capable of pulling objects, and, since it's an industrial model, it's pretty strong. Strong, but slow. Spawns in the Warehouse next to the forklift.

Securi-Shell
Armed with a taser and handcuffs, most commonly used for monkey outbreaks. It moves at walking speed, and is also rather strong, just two hits! Spawns in security

The AI's too busy opening doors and responding to commands to be doing mundane crew tasks, plus we have the crew to be doing all of this kind of stuff.

These aren't bad ideas just because you specifically posted them, I think they are just bad ideas in general.

Re: Re: - MaRcuSTheDAWG - 05-02-2015

BabaYaga Wrote:
MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:*bump*

Medi-Shell

Rail Shell

Pod Shell

Cargo Shell

Securi-Shell

The AI's too busy opening doors and responding to commands to be doing mundane crew tasks, plus we have the crew to be doing all of this kind of stuff.

These aren't bad ideas just because you specifically posted them, I think they are just bad ideas in general.

I know that but the AI can't just be a doorknob, that's why I created these.

Also, If the main AI core gets destroyed. the Rail Shell could be used as an emergency body.

Re: More ideas! - Roomba - 05-03-2015

To be fair, I've always thought the AI could use a bit more functionality shell-wise. Dunno if this is the best implementation though. I think a better alternative would be to rig up an AI interface unit to a borg head and create a borg that the AI can deploy to and run around in.

Re: More ideas! - Spy_Guy - 05-03-2015

I hadn't seen this thread before and didn't quite know what the fuss was about.
Now that I know what the fuss is about let me once again ask you to please cease trying to impose whavever miss u Dono nonsense this is on the server.

MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:(Look, I can't help with the robots. frown)
GONK

Re: More ideas! - MaRcuSTheDAWG - 05-03-2015

Spy_Guy Wrote:I hadn't seen this thread before and didn't quite know what the fuss was about.
Now that I know what the fuss is about let me once again ask you to please cease trying to impose whavever miss u Dono nonsense this is on the server.

MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:(Look, I can't help with the robots. frown)
GONK

If people gave me the chance, they could see that I can have pretty good ideas. It's just my bad "beggar" reputation.

Re: More ideas! - Megapaco - 05-03-2015

MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:My list of minor ideas.

Botanist's best Friend
A new Waterbot can be made by the Roboticist using a water can, a sensor, and a cyborg arm. It will come around the trays, automatically watering the plants. When emagged, It kills the plants by spraying pesticides, It could kill you easily, as well.

Miner Help
The Digbot is back! It, however, is a lot more useful, it can carry minerals to the new Deposit Bay, in the mining station. It is also capable of digging! When Emagged, it will search any wall, and tear it apart with its pickaxe! The wall equivalent to an emagged floorbot, you may say.

These two ideas are actually not too bad and should probably be considered a little bit.

Re: More ideas! - MaRcuSTheDAWG - 05-03-2015

Megapaco Wrote:
MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:My list of minor ideas.

Botanist's best Friend

Miner Help

These two ideas are actually not too bad and should probably be considered a little bit.

Thanks. smile

Re: More ideas! - Vunterslaush - 05-03-2015

I would actually love to see digbots again. v

Re: More ideas! - Frank_Stein - 05-03-2015

Roomba Wrote:To be fair, I've always thought the AI could use a bit more functionality shell-wise. Dunno if this is the best implementation though. I think a better alternative would be to rig up an AI interface unit to a borg head and create a borg that the AI can deploy to and run around in.
Alternatively, have the AI shells use modules like the borgs do that give them more items for different tasks.

Re: More ideas! - MaRcuSTheDAWG - 05-10-2015

Bot Maintenance
This could make the Roboticist more useful, sometimes a robot or something might start to break down. For example, a Guardbuddy:

Quote:Guardbuddy-463's speaker starts buzzing oddly!
Guardbuddy-463 beeps "lEVel 9-3-9 INfr--TIon alER@#$@___"
Guardbuddy-463's screen garbles!
Guardbuddy-463's motors start shorting out!
Guardbuddy-463 breaks down!