Goonstation Forums
Make security "age restricted" - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Make security "age restricted" (/showthread.php?tid=4444)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Make security "age restricted" - Winklabom - 03-28-2015

Please make security and all assosciated jobs require you to have played on the server for at least a week or two.

This will prevent new players whom have absolutely no idea how to play the game and/or don't know the rules from playing as God awful security officers.

It's far too common to see random pubbies who don't know what they're doing taking up security slots and running around tasing people for no reason and/or getting disarmed and horribly murdered by the crew/admins.

Re: Make security "age restricted" - Jerkops - 03-28-2015

security isn't a serious job

/thread

i'm also popularly known as hitler reincarnated

Re: Make security "age restricted" - Sundance - 03-28-2015

This is why there's a hos.

Re: Make security "age restricted" - Huff H Law - 03-28-2015

What Jerkops said.

Also this is a non-problem, and no one plays security anyway so why would them taking up security officer slots be a problem in the first place.

Re: Make security "age restricted" - Dauntasa - 03-28-2015

as it is 90% of the time I play there are no(or maybe one poor bastard) people playing sec so I'm not sure restricting who can play the job no one wants to play is a great idea

Re: Make security "age restricted" - Ed Venture - 03-28-2015

Well lately I've been playing sec and there have been quite a few people playing as sec. This is in the early hours of the day to the late afternoon though.

Also if you come across shit security there is three you can do about them. Report it to the HOS, Adminhelp it if there is not a HOS(shit security is not tolorated if you believe what the wiki page says) and lastly you can take their stuff if you get the chance.

Re: Make security "age restricted" - Ali0en - 03-28-2015

Nah. 2 weeks isn't really gonna make them any less bad. They're still extremely new and unrobust. Won't really make a difference.

Re: Make security "age restricted" - Sundance - 03-29-2015

Throwing this idea out there, some may think it's good, some may not for reasons that I am not aware of:

What about a pop-up similar to when you roll an antagonist?

All it would state is a condensed notes on the wiki page.
Stuff like but not limited to:

"YOU ARE A SECURITY OFFICER"
"This job is hard and not meant for people just starting out, as it takes a while to adjust to goon etiquette and appropriate responses to crime"
"If you are new: Follow the HoS' orders."
"etc"

Re: Make security "age restricted" - Marquesas - 03-29-2015

We have a HoS so that we don't have to impose restrictions like this.

Ed Venture Wrote:Also if you come across shit security there is three you can do about them. Report it to the HOS, Adminhelp it if there is not a HOS(shit security is not tolerated if you believe what the wiki page says) and lastly you can take their stuff if you get the chance.

This is the real /thread here. Although I'd prefer you didn't do the last one as long as the first two are an even remotely viable option.

Re: Make security "age restricted" - salix_catus - 03-29-2015

There needs to be a better idea of what spacelaw is. Sure we have a good definition of server rules, and also a guide on recognising different antags but nowhere can i find a general overview of IC spacelaw. This would make playing as security lots easier. Because at the moment im unsure what constitutes low level short brig sentance crime.

Re: Make security "age restricted" - atomic1fire - 03-29-2015

AFAIK security is a pretty easy job in concept.

1. protect the crew

2. stop crimes, and more importantly stop active antagonists and clear threats.

3. Don't give out punishments greater then the crime.

Protect the crew also means playing doctor, and probably keeping the crew from killing each other as well.

Space law is pretty much up to the HOS though.

Re: Make security "age restricted" - Ed Venture - 03-29-2015

salix_catus Wrote:There needs to be a better idea of what spacelaw is..

The wiki page for security has good guidelines that can be seen as "space law" that is Due Process and the Good officer Checklist.

Re: Make security "age restricted" - Owlrich - 03-29-2015

Thankfully, a typical sec officer by themselves is not hard to take down, so any griefers wouldn't last long going around tasing people. They usually get dealt with pretty quickly by the crew.

Re: Make security "age restricted" - salix_catus - 03-29-2015

Ed Venture Wrote:
salix_catus Wrote:There needs to be a better idea of what spacelaw is..

The wiki page for security has good guidelines that can be seen as "space law" that is Due Process and the Good officer Checklist.

http://wiki.ss13.co/Security_Officer#Due_Process

This tells you how to deal with crime but not what crime is...

Re: Make security "age restricted" - Ed Venture - 03-29-2015

I don't think it is that hard to determine what a "crime" is.