Goonstation Forums
Cloner Queue - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Cloner Queue (/showthread.php?tid=4043)

Pages: 1 2

Cloner Queue - atomic1fire - 01-22-2015

Two suggestions that might be dumb.

1. The ability to make more pods hooked to one cloner for bulk cloning.

2. The ability to queue clones e.g Load in body, scan, click clone, load in another body, scan click clone, and then assuming the cloner doesn't run out of body goo, both bodies get cloned. If a body explodes mid cloning you can just keep loading in body parts and monkeys for the next guy.

Also maybe the option to scoop up gibs and dump them back into the reclaimer for a tiny bit of body goo/biomatter

Re: Cloner Queue - UrsulaMejor - 01-22-2015

yes please, to both of these!

Re: Cloner Queue - FloozyBarge - 01-22-2015

I'd be okay with this.

Re: Cloner Queue - Ali0en - 01-22-2015

Emgagging the cloner console should fry it and pull random keys from the queue and stick them in the person being cloned. So people in the wrong body.

Re: Cloner Queue - BaneOfGiygas - 01-23-2015

Ali0en Wrote:Emgagging the cloner console should fry it and pull random keys from the queue and stick them in the person being cloned. So people in the wrong body.
Or it could give the person random mutations, or zany appearances like rainbow afros. Or all three. All three is good.

Re: Cloner Queue - salix_catus - 01-23-2015

BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Ali0en Wrote:Emgagging the cloner console should fry it and pull random keys from the queue and stick them in the person being cloned. So people in the wrong body.
Or it could give the person random mutations, or zany appearances like rainbow afros. Or all three. All three is good.
Or it could put two people into one body. that would be...

Re: Cloner Queue - Erev - 01-23-2015

salix_catus Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Or it could put two people into one body. that would be...
Or put them into monkey/wendigo/ect bodies....

Re: Cloner Queue - Crumplehat - 01-25-2015

I approve of anything that streamlines the cloning process, period.

Re: Cloner Queue - atomic1fire - 01-26-2015

This cloner suggestion might be a bit out there, but anyone remember when cloning used to cause you to get nasty mutations that had to be fixed by the geneticists with an injector.

What if they tied in good mutations with the cloner.

e.g 40% chance of non harmful mutation.

15% chance of good mutation.

(these percentages could be adjusted based on feedback)

Emagging the cloner would behave like the donut cloner did.

Geneticists would want to clone people because it would be an easy way to get a few free mutations, especially if they get rare ones on accident.

Also syndicates and other traitor roles would be more willing to just screw with genetics rather then outright destroying it.

I think it would give geneticists something to look forward too every time bodies start piling up.

Re: Cloner Queue - Roomba - 01-27-2015

I can think of no better incentive to destroy the cloner than having your victims revived as angry superhumans.

Of course it could also turn them Swedish, so I'm conflicted.

Re: Cloner Queue - atomic1fire - 01-27-2015

Roomba Wrote:I can think of no better incentive to destroy the cloner than having your victims revived as angry superhumans.

Of course it could also turn them Swedish, so I'm conflicted.

But emagging the cloner so your victims come back as angry but blind would be funny.

Re: Cloner Queue - Marquesas - 01-27-2015

Crumplehat Wrote:I approve of anything that streamlines the cloning process, period.

I don't.

Re: Cloner Queue - BaneOfGiygas - 01-28-2015

Before people start shrieking at Marquesas, I think I know where the guy's coming from. Cloning shouldn't be an easy-peasy process; after all, it gives you the ability to, with just a little bit of preparation and setup, revive people from the dead. It's the biggest anti-antagonist gun the station has (aside from the actual guns). However, that's balanced out by the fact that A) cloning takes forever and a fucking day and B) it's in a position that makes it rather easily bombed. If the revival process was much easier or more streamlined than it already is, antagonists would have a hell of a time taking anyone out of commission in any sort of permanent sense, would be driven to axe genetics much more frequently, and consequentially, genetics research would get fucked up much more frequently.

In that sense, I sort of agree with Marq, here. Cloning shouldn't be easy. It shouldn't be back-breakingly difficult, yes, but it shouldn't be easy.

Re: Cloner Queue - cgrn10 - 01-28-2015

BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Marquesas isn't Literal Hitler guys!

Marquesas is literal Hitler and I'm sure he doesn't want this because he wants to see genetics go up into flames to be horrible to them.

Re: Cloner Queue - Anticheese - 01-29-2015

The only quality of life fix I'd like for cloning is being able to see at a glance who is braindead or has a DNR.