Goonstation Forums
"Face Mask" - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: "Face Mask" (/showthread.php?tid=3383)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: "Face Mask" - salix_catus - 05-16-2015

Replacing your face with a mask should also be possible.
Resulting in this:

Re: "Face Mask" - pnutz - 05-17-2015

salix_catus Wrote:Reminds me of the concept of a game called H.E.D.Z.:

haha I remember that game from ages ago, always wanted to play it but it was years before my comp was good enough frown

also +1 to face/off, possibly add an option to get the nicholas cage mask in the biodome replaced with an actual face mask or something

Re: "Face Mask" - pizzatiger - 05-17-2015

i never thought this idea was creepy and i still think it should be added. If face/off did it why can't I?

Re: "Face Mask" - Winklabom - 05-19-2015

pizzatiger Wrote:i never thought this idea was creepy and i still think it should be added. If face/off did it why can't I?

I guess people were more squeamish back then.

The first thing that comes to my mind with this is mask salesman: steal faces from a bunch of corpses and sell them back to their cloned owners and/or other crew members that wish to "cosplay" as their favourite collegues!

Re: "Face Mask" - atomic1fire - 05-19-2015

Wearing someone's face isn't even the worst possible creepy thing someone could do.

Someone on a different server once confessed as a rev to stripping two heads of staff, torturing one, killing that person and then feeding them to their friend. Then setting themselves and their remaining victim on fire.

I originally saw that on the ss13 subreddit. Quite possibly one of the worst antag acts ever committed. I'm pretty sure this wasn't goon because one of the goon admins that originally saw the reddit post said they'd ban someone if they did that.

Anyway I'm not opposed to wearing faces because there is all sorts of kinda gross things you can do that is just looked over. Like organs being edible. Or giving people Kuru. I think it's not the game content but the behavior. Just because you can be a face wearing cannibal antag doesn't mean you should go creepy overboard.

Re: "Face Mask" - Vunterslaush - 05-19-2015

I witnessed something similar to that on LLJK#1 once. Some really rude detective was tripping dudes in the test chamber and torturing them.

Re: "Face Mask" - BaneOfGiygas - 05-19-2015

atomic1fire Wrote:I think it's not the game content but the behavior.
Eng Left

Most things in Goonstation are only creepy if you make them creepy.

Re: "Face Mask" - Walrus - 05-19-2015

The "Don't be creepy" rule was removed due to "creepiness" being very subjective, you can all stop falling over yourselves to claim how creepy it isn't.

Re: "Face Mask" - Ali0en - 05-19-2015

No, cutting off someones face and wearing it certainly is creepy. Though being eaten by a ling is creepy due to the helplessness. The rule is gone but I still think this is dumb. A more expensive voice changer that would just scan a persons head would be better.

Re: "Face Mask" - atomic1fire - 05-20-2015

What if Mask making was a chemistry thing as an alternative.

Mix some gunk. Splash it on someone's head, Peel it off and ta-da, instant face mask.

Takes out the murder, lets people make sell Jay Wolff Cosplay outfits, and it's just unrealistic enough that people aren't really offended by it.

Re: "Face Mask" - Vunterslaush - 05-20-2015

atomic1fire Wrote:What if Mask making was a chemistry thing as an alternative.

Mix some gunk. Splash it on someone's head, Peel it off and ta-da, instant face mask.

Takes out the murder, lets people make sell Jay Wolff Cosplay outfits, and it's just unrealistic enough that people aren't really offended by it.

The only problem is matching his hair. I like this a lot better than ripping someones face off, and it makes it seem more like using the fake raiden mask in MGS3.

Re: "Face Mask" - pizzatiger - 05-21-2015

It might just be that i am a sick dude but i really don't see why wearing someone face is creepy when we have a fucking alien that sticks a straw into you and sucks all the fluid out of you WHILE your still alive, which can then forcebly mutate itself into you so it can trick your friends to do the same

Or

Removing someone butt and wearing it/forcing them to eat it

If you see a dead body, i think you should be able to make a lowish quality mask. Not like eating Erza sauter burgers is anybetter

Re: "Face Mask" - BruiseCruise - 05-21-2015

This looks like it's about to turn into another "Well I don't think it's creepy/Well I think it's creepy" threads. Let's look at some of the pros and cons of the idea.

The issue I see here is how effective the 'face mask' would be and its utility in the game. For example: John Pub wears Burt Donk's face. Does examining this person reveal that he/she might be wearing a mask? If the mask in question belongs to someone of a different gender or skin tone, is it really an effective disguise, or just a gimmick item? Does the mask come off if jostled enough, or do we need to strip it off like an invisible gas mask? Even if someone goes through the trouble of changing their hair and wearing the correct equipment, wouldn't it be better to just grab someone's ID and wear a face-obscuring mask like the gas mask or space helmet? It seems like a bit of a stretch for something that can be achieved with the tools we already have. Gimmick-wise it could work, but I feel like this could be more than that if we expand on it in a new direction.

Maybe there's something to be said about masks and/or mask-making. What if instead of a crude Hannibal Lecter mask we had some sort of Traitor Mask that can morph into a few different shapes? Choices could include the faces of station personnel and a few others (think Phantom of the Opera or Hotline Miami). This paired with the right equipment or aptly-applied deception (HE STOLE MY ID SEC TO BOTANY) could make for some interesting encounters.

Re: "Face Mask" - Cirrial - 05-21-2015

BruiseCruise Wrote:What if instead of a crude Hannibal Lecter mask we had some sort of Traitor Mask that can morph into a few different shapes?

Re: "Face Mask" - babayetu83 - 05-21-2015

BruiseCruise Wrote:This looks like it's about to turn into another "Well I don't think it's creepy/Well I think it's creepy" threads. Let's look at some of the pros and cons of the idea.

The issue I see here is how effective the 'face mask' would be and its utility in the game. For example: John Pub wears Burt Donk's face. Does examining this person reveal that he/she might be wearing a mask? If the mask in question belongs to someone of a different gender or skin tone, is it really an effective disguise, or just a gimmick item? Does the mask come off if jostled enough, or do we need to strip it off like an invisible gas mask? Even if someone goes through the trouble of changing their hair and wearing the correct equipment, wouldn't it be better to just grab someone's ID and wear a face-obscuring mask like the gas mask or space helmet? It seems like a bit of a stretch for something that can be achieved with the tools we already have. Gimmick-wise it could work, but I feel like this could be more than that if we expand on it in a new direction.

Maybe there's something to be said about masks and/or mask-making. What if instead of a crude Hannibal Lecter mask we had some sort of Traitor Mask that can morph into a few different shapes? Choices could include the faces of station personnel and a few others (think Phantom of the Opera or Hotline Miami). This paired with the right equipment or aptly-applied deception (HE STOLE MY ID SEC TO BOTANY) could make for some interesting encounters.

well of course

it wouldn't be the same if there wasn't the old classic "i personally don't like this idea so i am going to try and discredit it by calling it creepy"

i think though that there should be a chance of gaffing the removal attempt so it just turns to mush