Goonstation Forums
"Face Mask" - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: "Face Mask" (/showthread.php?tid=3383)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

"Face Mask" - Winklabom - 10-20-2014

Hello everyone.

You know how you can inspect somebody's corpse after their skull has been removed and see that face's skin is just hanging uselessly?

How about we make that skin useful by turning it into a literal face mask ? E.G : Right after you remove their skull, you either use a scalpel or scissors and create a mask item that makes your identity (when moving your cursor over yourself) the same as whoever's face you're wearing!

Of course, the moment you say something, people will know your true identity.

Here's the catch though: the mask slowly rots until it just disintegrates and gives funny messages about the smell in chat.

I think this would make a very pleasant addition to the game with Halloween coming up.

Re: "Face Mask" - icarus - 10-20-2014

this is gonna get to awkward/creepy territory reaaal fast

Re: "Face Mask" - DyssalC - 10-20-2014

icarus Wrote:this is gonna get to awkward/creepy territory reaaal fast
I don't see the awkward part.
I also don't see the bad creepy part.
You can wear people's skulls for a mask and make a jumpsuit out of their flesh. Face mask isn't that far out there, only issue I see is how that it might be awkward to code because it's essentially taking the head sprite of whoever the face is from and turning it into a mask.

Re: "Face Mask" - Frank_Stein - 10-20-2014

Yeah, this goes into creepy territory for me.

Re: "Face Mask" - babayetu83 - 10-20-2014

i like this idea

tribal station 13

Re: "Face Mask" - Winklabom - 10-21-2014

The way I see it is that we can already do the following to people in Goonstation: Remove their limbs and use those as weapons, pee in drinking glasses and force feed it to others, detach butts and wear them as hats, remove people's hearts and -eat- them raw, ACTUALLY eat people alive with the "consume" command and/or make hamburgers/steaks with their flesh, etc.

Why would wearing somebody's face as a mask be too creepy?

Re: "Face Mask" - thehman03 - 10-21-2014

I like this idea, the only really creepy thing i can see in this is the rotting bit, and that's not even that bad. I'll support this.
Also:
[Image: 11168937_800.jpg]

Re: "Face Mask" - KikiMofo - 10-21-2014

thehman03 Wrote:I like this idea, the only really creepy thing i can see in this is the rotting bit, and that's not even that bad. I'll support this.
Also:
[Image: 11168937_800.jpg]
I was just about to post that.

Re: "Face Mask" - Winklabom - 10-21-2014

DyssalC Wrote:
icarus Wrote:this is gonna get to awkward/creepy territory reaaal fast
I don't see the awkward part.
I also don't see the bad creepy part.
You can wear people's skulls for a mask and make a jumpsuit out of their flesh. Face mask isn't that far out there, only issue I see is how that it might be awkward to code because it's essentially taking the head sprite of whoever the face is from and turning it into a mask.

I was thinking that it should just turn your actual mob's face/head into whomever's face you're wearing.

The item on the ground could be just a slab of bloody skin or something.

Re: "Face Mask" - Sam Guivene - 10-21-2014

Is this creepy: Yes

Is this any more awkward than removing someones butt, heart, brain, and/or skull? : No

Would this allow for potential traitoring: Its basically the opposite of a voice changer, you look like someone else but don't sound like them.

Is this another excuse as to why we should readd poo?: No, but if were talking about this...

Is halloween, the season of creepy and scary right around the corner? hell yeah it is!

Do we already have a mob that looks like whoever his last victim is and who could very easily have this mechanic added to him?: Fuck Yeah!

Re: "Face Mask" - Winklabom - 10-22-2014

An alternative way to obtain a face mask that was discussed on IRC would be to splash somebody's skull mask with synthflesh.

Would this be acceptable to you "omg3creepy5me" folks ?

Re: "Face Mask" - Winklabom - 05-15-2015

I felt that with the recent addition of beheadings and removing the skull from disembodied heads, this thread would be more relevent than ever before.

New modus operandi:

1)Remove someone's skull via surgery

2)Behead the person whose skull you just took

3)Cut the mush of skin that it resulted into with a scalpel

4)Wear that person's face as your own (The person's head sprite replaces yours while you wear the mask and your name when you examine yourself/move your cursor over yourself is changed to the face's owner's name)

Optional step: Jam a voice changer in the mask you just made, wear the... donor's ID, and complete the illusion. get in not go out

Re: "Face Mask" - salix_catus - 05-15-2015

Winklabom Wrote:I felt that with the recent addition of beheadings and removing the skull from disembodied heads, this thread would be more relevent than ever before.

New modus operandi:

1)Remove someone's skull via surgery

2)Behead the person whose skull you just took

3)Cut the mush of skin that it resulted into with a scalpel

4)Wear that person's face as your own (The person's head sprite replaces yours while you wear the mask and your name when you examine yourself/move your cursor over yourself is changed to the face's owner's name)

Optional step: Jam a voice changer in the mask you just made, wear the... donor's ID, and complete the illusion. get in not go out

Reminds me of the concept of a game called H.E.D.Z.:

Re: "Face Mask" - atomic1fire - 05-15-2015

This is gonna make for some twisted Nuke teams.

I'm for it.

We can already do head swap surgery, brain swap surgery, *consume people like cannibals, and eat brains.

I once watched a traitor perform a serial killer gimmick where they asked me questions, pretended to be insane, and then killed me.

Another traitor was making sacrifices to the wraith once.

This is a game where you can cause a pathological outbreak and build bombs, or perform acts of terrorism while ignoring your real antag objectives. I don't think face wearing is the worst thing you could do.

I've carved out skull masks before and I'm pretty sure some people even spawn with skulls in their backpacks.

Re: "Face Mask" - Walrus - 05-15-2015

Here's an earlier thread about surgical face removal: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1610

Something from there that I think is really cool:
Kaet Wrote:And give genetics some ability to grow body part from a blood sample. So if your face is ruined, you can give them a visit and they'll create a new one for you to be attached.

This ties in excellently with changeling's "acid spit" being changed to an actual acid spit which melts your face. Now survivors of changeling attacks can get their identity back! Either that or start a new one.