Goonstation Forums
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) (/showthread.php?tid=305)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Jerkops - 03-12-2015

Dauntasa Wrote:Voice Activated Microbomb: 2 crystals
A microbomb implant that, in addition to activating on user death, can also be set before implantation to activate when the implantee hears or says a specific word or phrase. Also comes in a stealth implanter that gives no message on use.
Holy shit, I would use the heck out of this traitor item. The ability to set it off with a code word would be great, you could play all kinds of mind games with it.

The argument that it's a free kill is sort of moot given the other stealthy options to kill that don't have a chance to backfire horribly (for instance if the target speaks the keyword while you're standing right next to him - though that would just be bad planning).

And having a microbomb implant with a guaranteed way to detonate it before your death (without having to gamble on suicide triggering it) would be well worth the extra TC.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Dauntasa - 03-12-2015

Mageziya Wrote:If if's visible, the only thing stopping them from going to surgery and getting it removed is you blowing the person up
that's why you make the codeword "bomb" or "surgery" or "remove"

or "help"

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Mageziya - 03-14-2015

I've got an item idea, after some thought involving traitor money.

Fake Money!

TC cost: I have no idea. (1-3?)
Contains: A single fake credit that resembles a real credit.
Function: Looks like real money, except it blows the hell up if you attempt to use it in anything.
These bills are self propagating!: Stack some fake cash with some real cash, and via nanomachines of the future, all money in the stack becomes fake and explosive, thus allowing for plagues of explosive money to spread through the station!
Do note that explosion size is limited to quantity, and that 1 fake credit will do very little damage. (Or might be balanced to better match the size of money people actually use.)

Uses: A great way to freak out people! Give money to the RD to buy bee-friends for Heisen-Bee, only to watch him blow up at the ATM! Bribe the Captain, and listen to his panic over the radio as the vending machine he was attempting to buy tarot cards from explodes! Harrass the poor bartender by tipping him with fake money, only to watch the snack-machine blows-the-hell-up as he attempts to purchase his secret ingredients! Hand out stacks of cash as the HOP to the entire crew as a "Social-Welfare Program," and watch the the station either enters mass panic or forms a lynch mob for you! Buy powers from geneticists and then realize that they'll never use a vending machine or merchant!

Drawbacks: Thermals can detect fake cash! Simply examine a stack of fake cash while wearing thermals, and behold as its description describes how utterly fake it is! Fake money also does not count towards traitor objectives, so be careful with converting your stolen hard-earned mulla into fake mulla! Finally, for reasons unknown, fake money does not explode when lit on fire or hit with other explosives, so you can't make an IED out of your fake money and the million bucks you extracted from the X-drone!

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - RAWK_LAWBSTAR - 03-14-2015

Now that I would use. And probably die to several times.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - babayetu83 - 03-14-2015

there should be purchasable derringer ammunition

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - BaneOfGiygas - 03-14-2015

babayetu83 Wrote:there should be purchasable derringer ammunition
Nope. The entire point of a derringer is that it's a last-ditch, quick getaway weapon. Giving the ability to purchase ammunition, in any capacity, turns the derringer from a surprise weapon into a weapon of mass destruction.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Berrik - 03-17-2015

You can buy six derringers with the current telecrystal allotment, which is more than enough.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - BruiseCruise - 03-17-2015

Dauntasa Wrote:Voice Activated Microbomb: 2 crystals

A microbomb implant that, in addition to activating on user death, can also be set before implantation to activate when the implantee hears or says a specific word or phrase. Also comes in a stealth implanter that gives no message on use.

That should answer some questions. One little question, though: would saying the word over the radio suffice, or should the speaker be in earshot? I'm assuming it's the latter, but I can imagine the traitor 'taking a little walk' while the implantee hops on the Escape Shuttle and says the keyphrase.

That being said, I'd love to 'Laputan Machine' someone. Might add some funny gimmicks too if the implantee is essentially held hostage by his/her bomber.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - wabash1 - 03-17-2015

Mageziya Wrote:I've got an item idea, after some thought involving traitor money.
how about nanodust spray, you use it on anything and it becomes explosive if used on anything else, has a LARGE or infinite amount of uses.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Dauntasa - 03-18-2015

BruiseCruise Wrote:That should answer some questions. One little question, though: would saying the word over the radio suffice, or should the speaker be in earshot? I'm assuming it's the latter, but I can imagine the traitor 'taking a little walk' while the implantee hops on the Escape Shuttle and says the keyphrase.

That being said, I'd love to 'Laputan Machine' someone. Might add some funny gimmicks too if the implantee is essentially held hostage by his/her bomber.
I have 2 ideas about this

One is that if it's completely stealthy and radio-activated it's a little boring just because there's no fucking way anyone could ever survive that

the second is that if it doesn't work over the radio it's a bit easier on the victim but also a lot harder to actually work with because you either need to be within one screen of a fucking bomb to set it off or choose a word that they're almost certain to say/hear up close soon

the best idea for this I have come up with is this: Before you put it in, you can toggle radio activation on/off. But leaving it on means the bomb takes a couple of minutes to arm after implanting, and ~10 seconds before it arms it makes a clicking noise the victim will hear. that way if you wanna make it easy for yourself to activate at will you also potentially notify the victim.

I like this method just because I think it would lead to funnier/more interesting situations than it just being the Voice of God smiting the poor fucker over 145.9 or the actual traitor being completely unable to set off the bomb without running right up to the person and going "EXPLODE NOW" and getting a face full of shrapnel

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Roomba - 03-18-2015

wabash1 Wrote:
Mageziya Wrote:I've got an item idea, after some thought involving traitor money.
how about nanodust spray, you use it on anything and it becomes explosive if used on anything else, has a LARGE or infinite amount of uses.

I feel like there are problems inherent in the concept of an item that makes everything explode forever with infinite uses you haven't entirely thought through.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Frank_Stein - 03-18-2015

Roomba Wrote:
wabash1 Wrote:

I feel like there are problems inherent in the concept of an item that makes everything explode forever with infinite uses you haven't entirely thought through.
Yeah. You forgot to add it should make you fart.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - BaneOfGiygas - 03-18-2015

Dauntasa Wrote:the best idea for this I have come up with is this: Before you put it in, you can toggle radio activation on/off. But leaving it on means the bomb takes a couple of minutes to arm after implanting, and ~10 seconds before it arms it makes a clicking noise the victim will hear. that way if you wanna make it easy for yourself to activate at will you also potentially notify the victim.

I like this method just because I think it would lead to funnier/more interesting situations than it just being the Voice of God smiting the poor fucker over 145.9 or the actual traitor being completely unable to set off the bomb without running right up to the person and going "EXPLODE NOW" and getting a face full of shrapnel
Chaplain traitor. Get a mindslave or two and some of these things. Position mindslaves at public locations. Declare that certain members of the station have been forsaken in the eyes of Space Jesus/Arachne/the admins/whatever. Shout "Foul sinners, BEGONE!" over the radio. Mindslaves blow up. Everyone freaks the fuck out.

I support this, 100%.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Noah Buttes - 05-29-2015

Enhanced juggling gloves

Clown exclusive

7 telecrystals

Lets you juggle people if you have an aggressive grab on them.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Archenteron - 05-29-2015

Inspired by the recent resurgence in discussion for quality of life disposal pipe placing:

Port-A-Pipes
Mechanic/Engineer/CE exclusive
Price: idk

When bought, spawns a box containing two assembled Port-A-Pipe frames and a soldering iron. Soldering a frame will deploy the Port A Pipe pipe unit, to be wrenched, welded, and covered up. Anything that goes into one of the port-a-pipes will come out the other one. Shortcut entire pipe networks. Reroute disposals to THE OVERBEE'S living-room. The possibilities are endless. Each pair of Port-A-Pipes either spawns with their own unique identifier, or they can be reset on the fly like other mechanic deployments in case of multiple sets being active.

If you want to be fancy, they can look like a cross between a disposal pipe segment and a green Mario Pipe.