Goonstation Forums
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) (/showthread.php?tid=305)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - VictorMAngoStein - 06-25-2014

Switchblade shoes (though I'm not sure how you would extend/retract the blades)

Also, using the *flip emote would give you a small chance to disembowel anyone next to you

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 06-25-2014

VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Switchblade shoes (though I'm not sure how you would extend/retract the blades)

Also, using the *flip emote would give you a small chance to disembowel anyone next to you
Right click shoes to extend blade?

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Weavel - 06-25-2014

Nah, use the *snap emote to click your heels together and activate it!

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Newt King - 06-25-2014

Somewhat related, I am a huge fan of the syndicate dagger and wish you could buy it on its own. Probably at a fairly high telecrystal cost, because it really is a strong weapon.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - KikiMofo - 06-25-2014

Newt King Wrote:Somewhat related, I am a huge fan of the syndicate dagger and wish you could buy it on its own. Probably at a fairly high telecrystal cost, because it really is a strong weapon.
Na. It's just a special item. If everyone could order it the chef's Butcher knife wouldn't be as good.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Zamujasa - 06-25-2014

The Droid Wrote:What about a science/RD/med item that allows the reanimation of corpses? Not a true revival and certainly not a hostile NPC, but something that works like that old chem used to, that made the dead appear alive.
You can sort of already do this by buckling them to a chair, which forces them to stand upright. Granted, examining them gives it away, but with corpse rotting overlays broken it's not quite as obvious.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - BlakeJohnson - 06-25-2014

KikiMofo Wrote:
Newt King Wrote:Somewhat related, I am a huge fan of the syndicate dagger and wish you could buy it on its own. Probably at a fairly high telecrystal cost, because it really is a strong weapon.
Na. It's just a special item. If everyone could order it the chef's Butcher knife wouldn't be as good.

The butcher knife is still good thanks to it's ability to render people into uncloneable meat chunks.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - VictorMAngoStein - 06-29-2014

Red ants: Oh god! Ants! Give you a beaker full of venomous, flesh eating red ants that slowly spread throughout the station. Best used with a chemistry grenade and smoke powder but you can throw them in people's faces too, I guess. If injected into your bloodstream they might eat their way out (if the victim's health is orange or lower-then you can put them in medibots for lols)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Isaacs Alter Ego - 06-29-2014

VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Red ants: Oh god! Ants! Give you a beaker full of venomous, flesh eating red ants that slowly spread throughout the station. Best used with a chemistry grenade and smoke powder but you can throw them in people's faces too, I guess. If injected into your bloodstream they might eat their way out (if the victim's health is orange or lower-then you can put them in medibots for lols)

Inject them into your eyes to gain immunity to fire.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Berrik - 06-30-2014

It'd be nice if the old plasma torch was brought back as a mining traitor item. It'd do more than making them a one-note bombing lunatic.

(this was able to cut through ANYTHING, and very quickly, but you needed industrial space armor to use it without hurting yourself)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - KikiMofo - 07-01-2014

Berrik Wrote:It'd be nice if the old plasma torch was brought back as a mining traitor item. It'd do more than making them a one-note bombing lunatic.

(this was able to cut through ANYTHING, and very quickly, but you needed industrial space armor to use it without hurting yourself)
Yes. So far all miners can do is make hack mining charges and with the explosion changes they don't work.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - RandyArcher - 07-01-2014

So you can use a screw driver on a headset, but there's nothing you can do with this functionality. Make the signal jammer spawn with a little emp shield you can pop on your own headset to block the effects from taking hold on your own headset.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Weavel - 07-01-2014

RandyArcher Wrote:So you can use a screw driver on a headset, but there's nothing you can do with this functionality. Make the signal jammer spawn with a little emp shield you can pop on your own headset to block the effects from taking hold on your own headset.

This would be really great!

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Mono - 07-09-2014

Inspired by my absolute hate for spiders both in game and out

The Spider Queen Mutation

A geneticist specific traitor item that most likely costs somewhere between 8-10 telecrystals. It in essence makes you a hybrid between a vampire and the ice spider queen. Extremely noticable to anyone who looks at you(John Pubbie is covered in black carapace! Gross!), and it's debatable as to whether the silicons still consider you human(it would be pretty dickish for ai and borgs to hunt you down as soon as they see you). The mutation includes a couple powers all in one.
Bite the head like a vampire to inject venom into people. Said person must remain still for this to work
Eating food and/or flesh generates web for you to use with your abilities(did I mention no kuru for you?)
Shoot web at people that causes a short stun similar to changeling acit but without the knockout.
Spin web allows you to wrap someone in a cocoon for quick and easy transport back to your lair
Web construct (this one honestly doesn't need to exist, it's just a suggestion) allows you to build web floors and walls. These slow anyone without said mutation, but are quite flammable. Cocoons also stick to these increasing the time it takes for someone to break out
Lay eggs in our out of your victims to create baby spiders to defend you. They don't grow and die just as easy as the normal baby ice spiders.

This would bring some fun to geneticist traitoring and would act as a fairly balanced item for its cost. Sure your a big bad spider, but there's still limits to what you can do. Any mook with a flamethrower can set you carefully crafted lair ablaze and your babies can only do so much. In the interest of keeping vampire unique I don't think this needs some type of evolving/reward system for captured prey. While I think it would be interesting and a great addition, that would evolve this past a simple traitor item and into a whole new antag(not against that either).

tl;dr-Spiderpig, spiderpig, does whatever a spiderpig does~

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Newt King - 07-10-2014

That sounds kinda interesting, but would probably fit better as its own antagonist role. As contribution to this thread, since they removed His Grace (which I 100% agree with) the chaplain as far as I know does not have any job specific traitor items. Perhaps a relatively high cost item, 6-10 crystals that as long as it is equipped/worn gives you a spell that on each cast summons a random mob with some spooky chanting. Kinda like the life chemical, but with much more variety as to what might appear. A meat cube or goose maybe, or maybe it summons a skeleton or even something like a wendigo. That's just an example, if it sounds overpowered I'm sure there are better options. But I think it would be cool for the chaplain to have an atmospheric traitor weapon that doesn't guarantee wrecking the whole station like the toolbox did.