Goonstation Forums
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) (/showthread.php?tid=305)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - KikiMofo - 05-09-2014

UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Kovirii Wrote:So is it a reagent?
[Image: PoliceSap250x200.png]
A blackjack.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - The Droid - 05-10-2014

Given how the Chaplain is (supposed to be) involved with corpses regularly, why not give 'em a traitor item that involves raising the dead? Robes, a ritual knife, a copy of "Necromancy for dummies," whatever, something that let's them create skeletons and/or zombie-esque NPCs from corpses.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Crumplehat - 05-10-2014

As long as it doesn't create PC zombies and works more or less like the wizard spell, I could see that one, sure. Maybe bring back the old cultist robes since they essentially still exist as the dnd robes and it'd make for a good cover.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - UrsulaMejor - 05-10-2014

KikiMofo Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Kovirii Wrote:So is it a reagent?
[Image: PoliceSap250x200.png]
A blackjack.
It has several names. We call them saps, here.

The point is that it's a nonlethal blunt force weapon used to knock people out

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - The Droid - 05-10-2014

Crumplehat Wrote:As long as it doesn't create PC zombies and works more or less like the wizard spell, I could see that one, sure.
Yeah I was thinking of something like a hostile human NPC created from the corpse with the same speed debuffs/strength buffs of a zombie, not player-controlled and certainly not brain eating.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - KikiMofo - 05-10-2014

The Droid Wrote:
Crumplehat Wrote:As long as it doesn't create PC zombies and works more or less like the wizard spell, I could see that one, sure.
Yeah I was thinking of something like a hostile human NPC created from the corpse with the same speed debuffs/strength buffs of a zombie, not player-controlled and certainly not brain eating.
Hostile human NPCs are fucking horrible. They are 10 times worse than a PC anything. I approve of this.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 05-11-2014

You could buckle zombies to chairs and then have zombie church.

Anyway I was thinking it would be neat if there was a drug dealer traitor item.

Like a drug that probably does nothing beneficial (or something beneficial) but is hopelessly addictive and the withdrawl syntoms are horrible if not deadly.

The traitor could hand the pills out, or make tiny amounts for sale, and either sell it to people directly or make other people do their bidding in exchange for more of the drug.

RP wise you could have a message like "You feel like you can't live without the drug, and would do anything to get more"

Someone could fight it, but then they would doom themselves and every other druggie or require cloning or borging.

Also on the other hand, killing the supply would also kill anyone who is using it as an excuse to be awful.

E.g Traitor could blackmail the captain with drugs in order to get a captain id and full pardon. Or convince people to commit murder because more drugs.

Slip it with other drugs to convince people it's party time, and now you have your own personal druggie army dependent on your drugs or they die.

On that note maybe emagging the qm console gets you more of the drug.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Twoflower - 05-11-2014

atomic1fire Wrote:You could buckle zombies to chairs and then have zombie church.

Anyway I was thinking it would be neat if there was a drug dealer traitor item.

Like a drug that probably does nothing beneficial (or something beneficial) but is hopelessly addictive and the withdrawl syntoms are horrible if not deadly.

The traitor could hand the pills out, or make tiny amounts for sale, and either sell it to people directly or make other people do their bidding in exchange for more of the drug.

RP wise you could have a message like "You feel like you can't live without the drug, and would do anything to get more"

Someone could fight it, but then they would doom themselves and every other druggie or require cloning or borging.

Also on the other hand, killing the supply would also kill anyone who is using it as an excuse to be awful.

E.g Traitor could blackmail the captain with drugs in order to get a captain id and full pardon. Or convince people to commit murder because more drugs.

Slip it with other drugs to convince people it's party time, and now you have your own personal druggie army dependent on your drugs or they die.

On that note maybe emagging the qm console gets you more of the drug.

i really REALLY like this idea

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Noah Buttes - 05-11-2014

Dual-Tank Flamethrower:
Cost: 8 TC (because we all know how fucking powerful a good chemist is)

A flamethrower that can accept two fuel tanks. As it fires, the tanks mix in the stream, thus the stream sprays the MIXTURE of the two. As in, the reagents will react WITHIN the stream rather than right at the nozzle, so it's actually useful.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Dauntasa - 05-11-2014

now that the artbox is apparently removed i have an idea for a chaplain item in the same vein but potentially less obnoxious
Crusader Kit
9 crystals
Contains a sword, a shield, armour, boots, gloves, and a helmet. they all bind to you when you equip them.

one person on the station is marked as a target for you. you have five minutes to kill them. if you successfully kill them, another target is marked. If they are still alive at the end of the 5 minutes, your equipment loses all of its power. Who your mark is is announced to the whole station every time they're chosen.

The shield makes you stun proof, the armour makes you extremely resistant to damage, the boots make you impossible to knock down, the helmet gives you a little pinpointer thing to your target and the gloves let you tear open doors and protect you from electricity. The sword removes a random limb on every hit and instantly kills anyone without any limbs, and since it's bound to your hand it can't be disarmed.

Basically you're really tough and hard to stop as long as you keep taking down your marks but your rampage will have to be focused on specific people and everyone will immediately know who you're going after.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Captain_Bravo - 05-11-2014

Behold! A glimpse into the future!

"Pubbie McJones has been marked for Holy Termination!"
-5 seconds later-
"Pubbie McJones has stolen a pod, and is currently wandering around spaaaaace!"
-5 minutes later-
"The chaplain is being repeatedly pushed down and farted upon by the entire station!"
And thus, good times were had by all.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Dauntasa - 05-11-2014

i thought about saying that it would mark someone new if they went off the z-level but I figured people were smart enough to assume that!

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 05-12-2014

Perhaps the shield should double as a container for the sword, or the belt have a sheath.

That way the knight can have a freehand for opening doors, and perhaps just punch someone out if they don't want to kill a guy

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - KikiMofo - 05-12-2014

atomic1fire Wrote:Perhaps the shield should double as a container for the sword, or the belt have a sheath.

That way the knight can have a freehand for opening doors, and perhaps just punch someone out if they don't want to kill a guy
CRUSADERS HAVE NO TIME FOR MERCY THEY ARE ON A MISSION FROM GOD. IF YOU DON'T GET OUT OF THE WAY YOU ARE IN THE WAY AND CRUSADERS WILL PURGE YOU WITH HOLY WRATH. Really crusaders believe they are on a mission from God himself so they would not hesitate to kill.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Dauntasa - 05-12-2014

atomic1fire Wrote:Perhaps the shield should double as a container for the sword, or the belt have a sheath.

they can always just switch hands and him them with the shield, which could send them flying or something