Goonstation Forums
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) (/showthread.php?tid=305)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 04-15-2014

Why not throw in an announcement to the syndicate commaster, that way the crew can go run and make guns/whatever before they head for the shuttle.

Gives smart crewmen ample time to return fire and hopefully not die.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - KikiMofo - 04-15-2014

atomic1fire Wrote:Why not throw in an announcement to the syndicate commaster, that way the crew can go run and make guns/whatever before they head for the shuttle.

Na. No one else gets warning with any other traitor stuff unless it's rampaging traitor. This seems most like a surprise sneak attack item.

Also I dunno about the syndies being player controlled. What if barely anyone died that round? Would only 1 person spawn?

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Amuys - 04-15-2014

This idea seems kind of dumb but I will put it out:
A remote corpse. Basically a medical implant/replacement brain/whatever you put into a corpse, and then you can control it via something like a VR headset.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Zadeon - 04-15-2014

Make it 5 npcs, then if there are any player ghosts at the end let them fill in. So if only 3 ghosts are left then there would be 3 players and 2 npcs.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 04-15-2014

Make the zombie headset block the dead person's ability to speak and make it kinda eventually obvious that the zombie dead guy is dead.

e.g "Captain Pubbie has an odd smell, eww"

Occasionally have a limb fall off the longer the body is under control.

Eventually someone will realize the captain is dead and then a manhunt will ensue, but by that time, traitor's already declared themselves the only human by turning captain's body into a video game.

That way traitors aren't just killing dudes, implanting them, and using them as human shields, because the rotten corpse is completely easy to destroy.

Also 5-6 credits sounds good for a zombie headset, considering it means the traitor has to steal a body or kill them some other way.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Dauntasa - 04-15-2014

KikiMofo Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:Why not throw in an announcement to the syndicate commaster, that way the crew can go run and make guns/whatever before they head for the shuttle.

Na. No one else gets warning with any other traitor stuff unless it's rampaging traitor. This seems most like a surprise sneak attack item.

Also I dunno about the syndies being player controlled. What if barely anyone died that round? Would only 1 person spawn?

it should spawn as many people as are dead and respond to a prompt but with the caveat that the less of them there are the more heavily armed they will be

so it's 7 guys with revolvers and flak vests or 3 guys with shotguns in blast suits or one man in an artillery pod

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Crumplehat - 04-16-2014

Like there aren't always 5 people bringing giant fuck-all bombs to the shuttle each round anyway. At least this gives the option of giving those losers out of the way early.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Kovirii - 04-16-2014

Amuys Wrote:This idea seems kind of dumb but I will put it out:
A remote corpse. Basically a medical implant/replacement brain/whatever you put into a corpse, and then you can control it via something like a VR headset.
I like this idea. Would having a limit on the range be too big of a nerf?

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Skunkrocker - 04-18-2014

Remote Identification Card Kit
Head of Personnel Exclusive
8 Telecrystals

The RIC Kit comes with 1 RIC and 1 RIC PDA Control Disc. Unlike Agent Cards or regular ID cards, RICs can be changed at any time through a PDA. The name can be changed, the color, the occupation, even the access. This makes it useful for a traitor HOP who doesn't want to get caught with an all access ID. It can also be used to disguise yourself as another person on the station right down to the last detail, letting everyone know it couldn't have been you. It also has an offensive purpose as well. The PDA can track like a pinpointer giving the exact location of the card holder, as well as take away all their access, or give them all access and then take it away when they finally get caught snooping. Or, be way less creative than that and just set off the charge hidden inside of it and blow them up like a PDA bomb. The RIC also has a special electromagnetic hacking ability: you can open -any- door, no matter if you have access or not, if you want to. Including blast shields. Hint hint.

So this was just an idea I had for a HOP exclusive item. We discussed this elsewhere and I did a quick writeup of what I thought it should do. Thoughts? Comments? Changes? Questions?

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Kovirii - 04-18-2014

Skunkrocker Wrote:8 Telecrystals
Make it cost 11 telecrystals so it's less overpowered.

Skunkrocker Wrote:This makes it useful for a traitor HOP who doesn't want to get caught with an all access ID.
I have a feeling most HoPs have an all access ID somewhere. I don't think this is looked upon as being abnormal, however, what you are witnessed doing is another matter.

Skunkrocker Wrote:It can also be used to disguise yourself as another person on the station right down to the last detail, letting everyone know it couldn't have been you.
When you say "down to the last detail", do you mean that the ID card would be identical, or that your clothes and voice would be as well?

Skunkrocker Wrote:The RIC also has a special electromagnetic hacking ability: you can open -any- door, no matter if you have access or not, if you want to. Including blast shields. Hint hint.
The last bit, with the hacking ability basically makes this an 8 crystal emag, along with it's other functions. Take out the emag bit and maybe reduce the price to 1-5 crystals?

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - APARTHEID - 04-18-2014

Skunkrocker Wrote:Remote Identification Card Kit
8 Telecrystals

The RIC Kit comes with 1 RIC and 1 RIC PDA Control Disc. Unlike Agent Cards or regular ID cards, RICs can be changed at any time through a PDA. The name can be changed, the color, the occupation, even the access. This makes it useful for a traitor HOP who doesn't want to get caught with an all access ID. It can also be used to disguise yourself as another person on the station right down to the last detail, letting everyone know it couldn't have been you. It also has an offensive purpose as well. The PDA can track like a pinpointer giving the exact location of the card holder, as well as take away all their access, or give them all access and then take it away when they finally get caught snooping. Or, be way less creative than that and just set off the charge hidden inside of it and blow them up like a PDA bomb. The RIC also has a special electromagnetic hacking ability: you can open -any- door, no matter if you have access or not, if you want to. Including blast shields. Hint hint.

So this was just an idea I had for a HOP exclusive item. We discussed this elsewhere and I did a quick writeup of what I thought it should do. Thoughts? Comments? Changes? Questions?

Kick it down to 5 or 6 crystals and leave only the pinpointer/explosion elements and you have a very solid traitor choice for Heads of Personnel.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Amuys - 04-18-2014

Kovirii Wrote:
Maybe limited to the same z-level? Having a suicide bomber zombie slave would be awesome.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Kovirii - 04-19-2014

Amuys Wrote:
Kovirii Wrote:
Maybe limited to the same z-level? Having a suicide bomber zombie slave would be awesome.
Yeah, or you could just give your mindslave a bomb.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Skunkrocker - 04-19-2014

Kovirii Wrote:I have a feeling most HoPs have an all access ID somewhere. I don't think this is looked upon as being abnormal, however, what you are witnessed doing is another matter.
Okay, that's true I suppose.
Kovirii Wrote:When you say "down to the last detail", do you mean that the ID card would be identical, or that your clothes and voice would be as well?
Well, just the card. That line is a bit confusing, so I'll remove it.
Kovirii Wrote:The last bit, with the hacking ability basically makes this an 8 crystal emag, along with it's other functions. Take out the emag bit and maybe reduce the price to 1-5 crystals?
Good point, didn't even realize that it basically replaced the emag.

Here is the revised text:
Quote:Remote Identification Card Kit
5 Telecrystals
The RIC Kit comes with 1 RIC and 1 RIC PDA Control Disc. Unlike Agent Cards or regular ID cards, RICs can be changed at any time through a PDA. The name can be changed, the color, the occupation, even the access. Thus it's an infinitely reusable Agent Card! It also has a more offensive purpose. The PDA can track like a pinpointer giving the exact location of the card holder, as well as take away all their access, or give them all access and then take it away when they finally get caught snooping.
I removed the explosives part as well. Honestly, if you wanted to do that, you'd just PDA bomb them.

Re: Spy Gear [Traitor Shit] - Saintish - 04-19-2014

MollyMillions Wrote:4) Faraday Suit: This suit has a network of nanomolecular superconductors woven right into the high-quality polyester, designed exactly to NT-108 Unisex Assistant Jumpsuit specifications, making it virtually undetectable in the field. The suit takes a standard power cell in a concealed pocket, and will deploy some of that charge to counter and nullify incoming electrical attacks. When equipped with a fully charged standard power cell, lab tests show that the suit can absorb as many as three incoming taser or stun baton attacks, and may additionally help against shocked doors or grilles.

Recharging the suit is as simple as recharging or replacing the power cell inside. Please note that this weapon provides no defense against lasers, bullets, weldingtools, fire extinguishers, batons that have been turned off and are being used as clubs, and choking.
[/quote]

God dammit, why is this still not a thing? It had so much support.