Goonstation Forums
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) (/showthread.php?tid=305)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - McDogles - 02-03-2014

McDogles Wrote:Perhaps make it so that when you order a voice changer, have a little pop-up appear before the voice changer spawns in, which lets the person who ordered it set the mask to a different skin, like a normal breath mask or even a horse mask, or maybe just make it's appearance random.
This would help against the meta-gaming strategy of: "Oh, that guy is wearing a gas mask and isn't a scientist, so he's now under suspicion of wearing a voice changer!"
Oh damn, this here topic pretty much sums up what I am suggesting, and even more really cool stuff that I think should also be added, like the gasping and stammering thing:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2291

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 02-03-2014

xray glasses

When worn, allow you to see the insides of a container without activating it's contents. e.g Be a traitor, examine people to see what's in their pockets, or if a toolbox has a bomb in it?

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - VictorMAngoStein - 02-04-2014

atomic1fire Wrote:xray glasses

When worn, allow you to see the insides of a container without activating it's contents. e.g Be a traitor, examine people to see what's in their pockets, or if a toolbox has a bomb in it?

If you try to examine His Grace with xray glasses it should gib you.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 02-04-2014

I was thinking His Grace would mess you up in the worst way possible.

Like reading that king in yellow book, but drugs + poison + burn + brute, eventually you die seeing cats, scary monsters, and on fire. Maybe you're convinced someone is trying to get you.

And maybe instead of the regular death message, some really creepy thing like "Dumb Pubbies eyeballs are completely black as if void."

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Purdie - 02-04-2014

Thief's Gloves
4 Crystals
Just look like black gloves, but let you strip something off of somebody (ID, belt slot, pockets, hands) without displaying a message and placing it directly in the current hand. Pockets requires two free hands.

Use the theif gloves, proceed to steal every ID, use every ID on one of those money scanners and steal everyone's money.

Nothing OP about that.

No but seriously though that would probably be fun.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Purdie - 02-04-2014

Most people are too paranoid to let somebody stand next to them for any amount of time.

Thats why you walk up next to them wearing the gloves, and then steal the ID, fart, then yell out HE DID IT, and run.

The disbelief that you just farted next to them and it was clearly you who farted will over come any questions as to who took their ID.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Chike101 - 02-15-2014

Dumb idea I got after watching TV.

Weaponized Electric Guitar (working title)
Cost: 7 Telecrystals

So, its essentially a laser gun with infinite ammo, regular ass lasergun damage, but let me explain.

First, it's a large doubleneck electric guitar. It comes with a large wig (mullet w/ headband). Now, before you cry OP, let me get to the cons real quick. After every shot, you must pump the guitar like a shotgun, completely manual (pumping sfx is a guitar riff, firing sfx is Old Hunting Rifle).

It also requires the wig for it to be weaponized. The wig is the big dumb nerf stuff. First, if you're on any drugs that make you twitch, you can't play the guitar. Second, since we are talking dramatic 70s/80s music and hairdos, you suffer the same affliction as them. All overdose thresholds are dramatically lower, so you can't shoot up healing drugs (or anything else for that matter) without feeling victim to an OD.

Oh, did I mention this is loud, bright, and obvious to everyone?

In summary: Gimmick pump action laser with infinite ammo, wig, and the inability to be a drugged up killing machine (and dying easily as a result of trying)

Bonus points: Syndicate Cover Band

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 02-15-2014

I was initially going to suggest making the guitar kinda like the wrestling belt where it has it's own moveset, but frankly that would make the suggestion off go off track and probably eventually turn out dumb.

Instead one less dumb suggestion, the combat move is "INSERT NAME HERE fires a concentrated blast of rock and roll", and repeat use of the guntar causes the room to become like a party room, with the message "THE ROOM FILLS WITH STAGE LIGHTS, ROCK ON" until the traitor leaves or the gun is deactivated.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Captain_Bravo - 02-15-2014

No, no, you've got it all wrong. The rocker must be on drugs constantly, or the guitar won't work. Also, due to building tolerances, the rockstar does not actually gain any of the effect of the drugs. Also, instead of aimed, every time the guitar is played, lightning bolts arc out in random directions like the engine.

So you can shoot all the meth, throw on your wig, and rock out constantly spitting out thunderbolts, but as soon as the meth wears or someone tags you with a Haloperidol dart, you're fucked.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 02-16-2014

I like the idea of a limitation being a constant dependence on drugs.

The level of rock and roll (and damage) should be connected to the amount of drugs in the system.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Dauntasa - 02-16-2014

if a vampire shoots bats at you while you are rocking out you eat them

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Amuys - 02-16-2014

Dauntasa Wrote:if a vampire shoots bats at you while you are rocking out you eat them
Heavy Metal's comics are pretty hilarious about this.
http://imgur.com/Cb2aihu

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Archenteron - 02-18-2014

IRC was just bouncing assorted gimmick traitor items off each other, with a focusing on the RD/Captain/HoP. Came up with something that's small (effectwise), useful, and fits their unique theme: The Failsafe Teleporter. A Hand Teleporter with a 0% fail chance (Or an accessory/special shoes/hat that just sets all portal use for you to 0% misfire rate). All of the three jobs get access to the Science Teleporter, and creative use of portals can facilitate a large varity of crime or escape. I'd happily pay 2-3 telecrystals to ensure my bombs/escape route/victim disposal went exactly where I wanted it to go. Maybe for an extra crystal or two, you could either have it that the no-beacon teleport guarentees that you end up somewhere safe, or add a Deep Space guarenteed option to lead people into/escape with a suit on.