Goonstation Forums
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) (/showthread.php?tid=305)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - KikiMofo - 01-04-2014

mozi Wrote:
icarus Wrote:
Chike101 Wrote:Old Hunting Rifle - 8 Telecrystals
the problem with this is that there are very few spots on the station where you'll get a clear shot

it could have the power to bust through a window/grille set (and be reduced to 1/2 damage) and have a chance of going through a wall (for 1/3rd damage)

sniping a dude from outer space... BADASS
If you shoot from space I think it should shoot you into space like you just threw something.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 01-04-2014

So you build a floor tile outside the station and use that as your sniper post to prevent self propelled space adventure. Bonus points if you use the chameleon projector bush gillesuit to be a pro space sniper in space.

There is a bush on that floor tile in the middle of outer space??? Looks legit.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Chike101 - 01-04-2014

icarus Wrote:
the problem with this is that there are very few spots on the station where you'll get a clear shot

it could have the power to bust through a window/grille set (and be reduced to 1/2 damage) and have a chance of going through a wall (for 1/3rd damage)
I'd say going through walls is a bit too far, but grilles and windows, yeah, sounds good enough. Also, the being launched through space when you shoot it, nah, other guns don't do it. Besides, where's the fun in a Syndie flying to a ~special position~ in space, stabilizing, then sniping the captain from two screens away, only to get launched into Oblivion?

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - KikiMofo - 01-04-2014

Chike101 Wrote:
icarus Wrote:

I'd say going through walls is a bit too far, but grilles and windows, yeah, sounds good enough. Also, the being launched through space when you shoot it, nah, other guns don't do it. Besides, where's the fun in a Syndie flying to a ~special position~ in space, stabilizing, then sniping the captain from two screens away, only to get launched into Oblivion?
That sounds like ALOT of fun to me. Besides you should have a jetpack anyway.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Karakoran - 01-04-2014

You would probably need to limit it to a few shots though, otherwise someone might camp outside of Escape two screens away and kill like 8 people.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 01-05-2014

You could add recoil in the form of a brief stun.

2-3 shots and then a recoil message of some kind.

the reasoning being only someone doing a lot of drugs would be able to continue shooting without stuns.

Besides if you hide behind reinforced walls/regular walls, that's still more of an advantage.

You just have to run very fast, rest on the floor near a wall, and hope the AI didn't bolt every door and send cyborgs after you because it's rogue.

If a traitor has a scoped rifle and a rogue AI you are definitely in for a world of hurt if the sniper is smart.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Captain_Bravo - 01-05-2014

Ok, while that would be badass, it also might be a tad overpowered. I don't see any problem with keeping it like a normal gun. (I.E. unable to shoot through windows) The point is not to give someone an unstoppable sniper rifle that can kill anyone anywhere in the station, it's to give someone a tool which can be applicable in some situations, with serious downsides that make using it tricky. If space-sniping is a thing, there's no downside to using the sniper rifle. Just sit out in space where nobody will find you and snipe with impunity. Making people stand out in a hallway in front of an open door to have a chance at hitting someone, or find a good hiding spot inside a department, makes this a lot more of a surgical tool.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - mozi - 01-05-2014

assuming the thing is feasible it seems like it'd be a fun way to terrorize Escape, Botany, Chemistry, and Genetics, maybe the Brig too.

It doesn't strike me as too overpowered to let it go through windows.. Even if you're shooting from space, you'd have the element of surprise on the first target only. Everyone else would immediately realize what's going on when a window explodes and someone starts bleeding and they would run for cover behind a wall, or run out of the room, or start ducking and weaving. This would be very funny when someone uses it on an overcrowded escape arm. if that seems overpowered, well, I mean you can already chuck 11x11 bombs at escape from space anyway..

in other words, it'd be an elaborate way to pick off an isolated target in parts of the station that are usually difficult to access, or a tool to cause havoc and fear, making people avoid entire stretches of the station, but not serve as an effective rampage weapon. which i think would be cool.

make the rifle's bullets weak against pods and then pods could be the hard counter to space snipers. while the sniper is too busy looking through his scope a mining pod sneaks up behind them and drills them to death. splat

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - pizzatiger - 01-05-2014

Time for a stupid idea!

Syndicate comicbook

cost: 10 telecrystal

For assitants and quartermasters

Centcom has banned them due to the crudly drawn syndicate stickmen blow up the station while the crew hit eachover with toolboxes and then fart on eachother faces.On the back few pages their on adds for cheap crappy syndicate toys and a slot for money and telescrystals.

Toys go from 1000 to 100000 dollors each and require 100 ecrystals for each shipment (meaning you can buy a bunch of toys in advance and have them sent for the 100 rystals)

Some ideas i have are

Hypno-watch- Allows you to have a 25% chance to turn a man ino a mindslave for 10 minutes, If you fail to do this you pass out for a minute due to falling into a deep sleep from the attempt..when asleep there is a 50% chance you become the mindslave of the person you tried hypontizing

X-ray glasses- Funky looking design somehow turns everything into the space sprite but the humans who turn into unknown skeletons...everytime you put it on you gain a 1% chance for it to get stuck so for example if you put it on 5 times it has a 5% chance of getting stuck on your face intill someone takes it off for you. Has an easy to see sprite

Grow a clown- place the packet into a cup of water and watch in amazement (fear) as your very own minture clown and/or clown spiders pop out to spread joy (murder and nightmares) to everyone on the station Including YOU! Grow a clown is made from All natural clown tears and the radiated waste from the hole that used to be china in till centcom blew it up using the moon! (Side effect of placing the packet into water may or may not include cluwning of yourself or the next person you touch, gibbing into clown spiders, and A horrifying virus of death and destruction (orange you glad I didn't say banana)

Stink bombs- an easily broken beaker of assistant’s farts harvested from placing a fake captain on the floor of the bar of ss13. Throwing it makes a giant ball of gas that stinks up the room and will knock anyone not wearing a gas-mask for 3 seconds. The thrower has a 25% chance to pass out even if he is wearing the gasmask meaning it is a good object for a ninja like escape

dog poo-(cost 100000000000000000 credits) cheap plastic dog poo that when placed on the floor it can't be removed....plays never going to give you up when a person tries to pick up.....Warning using it may or may not cause a horde of angry assistants to swarm you for tricking them (Eating the fake poo is NOT recommended)

The syndicate wants you to invent their Next cheap and crappy toy that will most likely harm the user when used (basically think of syndicate versions of toys that you can find on the back of a comic book that has a good chance of harming the syndicate agent but is useful when it doesn't)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Chike101 - 01-05-2014

Yeah, they could find somewhere to hide in space and snipe with impunity. But, think about how, when important leaders and such go to give a speech, they have their security team clear the entire area to make sure it isn't used by snipers. How cool would it be...

Cool ass scenario: It's a nuke round. Some asshat up and went and called the shuttle. The captain needs to get to escape pronto. Security is ordered to clear the entire area around escape. Little did they know, one of the officers going to the pods was replaced with a Syndicate! While in space, the operative slips on his space suit, and cuts all power to the pod. The other officer inside dies within a short amount of time. He reports "All clear in space." He maneuvers the pod to the perfect position, waits for the captain to reach the crowd of escape, sights in, and lets a shot fly. A window shatters, and the captain's arm explodes into pink mist. People are running around screaming 'SNIPER', the HoS is screaming 'GET A GOD DAMN MEDIC OVER HERE'.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - KikiMofo - 01-05-2014

mozi Wrote:if that seems overpowered, well, I mean you can already chuck 11x11 bombs at escape from space anyway..
See this is what I think when people say something is overpowered. Traitors can get a couple good things but ANYONE can make an 11x11. It's easy to do it too.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - DrivetimeMozol - 01-05-2014

Jesus christ what the fuck I don't even

pizzatiger Wrote:(basically think of syndicate versions of toys that you can find on the back of a comic book that has a good chance of harming the syndicate agent but is useful when it doesn't)

But none of this is useful for the price of 10 telecrystals, 1000 dollars, and whatever the fuck 100 ecrystals are.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Karakoran - 01-05-2014

The gear would have to be much more powerful and have no inherent draw backs to be worth grabbing. Otherwise it's basically a death sentence to grab it as you'd just expose yourself.

Not to say the idea couldn't work. Small gadgets like x-ray glasses (that would just act as x-ray vision and NOT stick to your face) or a hover-board that acts as a mini-putt but faster and that you can use items on (also with no oxygen problems and less shielding). Or maybe trick chewing gum that you chew and then spit at people for a explosion the size of somewhere between a flash-bang and a trick cigarette depending on how much you use. It'd function like acid spit as a weapon.

All in all the item would be a fun and interesting surplus crate.

Just as an extra, it would be nice if the comic book actually had comic book pages. It could have 10 issues or something with some more common than others and people would be interested in piecing together the story just as a little bonus to all the nice gear you can now buy.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - epicdwarf - 01-05-2014

Idea: Have the comic book be 3-4 crystals and come with 20 or so stupid gadgets. You get 3 gadgets of your choice for free and have to pay about 1500 credits to get another gadget.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - pizzatiger - 01-05-2014

When i was thinking 10 telecrystals i was putting in mind that basicly it is a Pda with fun and powerfulish gear with a few drawbacks...If the drawbacks bother you just make the chances of it harming you rather low....Like the hypnowatch you can just give it to an staff assitant and watch and laugh as he becomes YOUR mindslave due to him failing at the chance. The grow your own clowns can make 5 hostile npcs that will attack anything BUT you to make the drawbacks worth it. Don't think the items as hey rampaging tools but as basicly a pda that quartermasters can buy lots of items with if they do their job really well(Hey why is bob taking half our profit for when the situation require it

Now i do agree with you that also charging telecrystals for each item is a shitty idea

And in one final argument for the downside is that do comicbook toys REALLY work and combine that with the fact the syndicate made it....(they trust idiots to blow up a station!)