Goonstation Forums
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) (/showthread.php?tid=305)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Conor12 - 06-10-2013

APARTHEID Wrote:A Roman candle that works as a phaser, but has to be lit and doesn't stop shooting?
It'll fizzle out or bang.

Not sure what you mean by 'like a phaser'

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - APARTHEID - 06-10-2013

Conor12 Wrote:
APARTHEID Wrote:A Roman candle that works as a phaser, but has to be lit and doesn't stop shooting?

Phaser bolts from a pod.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Conor12 - 06-10-2013

APARTHEID Wrote:
Conor12 Wrote:

Phaser bolts from a pod.
I guess it could shoot those out too.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - david2222121 - 06-10-2013

So, a handheld weapon that needs to be lit, and fires a random amount of random projectiles? Toss in heavy lasers, railguns, and pod artillery and I am down with this thing.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Hard Boiled - 06-11-2013

atomic1fire Wrote:Accent Scrambler.

Genetics item.

5 crystals (maybe more/less, I don't know)

When someone gets shot by it, they gain every accent at once, making them completely illegible.

Basically imagine a swedish smiling chav elvis, and you have the accent scrambler.

The beauty of it is it's completely useless for combat, but it's the best for subterfuge because no one can cry for help after being shot by it, because everyone devolves into completely unintelligible speech.

It's good, in the sense that there is no one else that can understand, which there is a few players, such as myself. Keep it at 5, but make it multi use. Four, maybe?

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - BruceHenke - 06-11-2013

Syndicate Hotdog Cart (chef only): Similar to the syndicate trash cart, closing someone in the syndicate hotdog cart would crush them into hotdogs to be sold to their family for profit.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 06-11-2013

only if you can add dough and rods for selling the families corndogs.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Daeren - 06-11-2013

Super Serum (Geneticist only), not sure of the telecrystal cost, maybe 4-6 depending on if two would be cool?

A syringe full of an allegedly tested chemical cocktail that instantly activates all latent genetic mutations in a target. WARNING: this substance does not differentiate between beneficial and harmful mutations.

A quick shortcut to a superpowered rampage, only with way more uncertainty if you don't take the time to check yourself out, an extreme likelihood of one or more debilitating weaknesses you'll have to deal with, and a not insignificant chance that trying to weaponize it will end with a hulked out cloaking lardass punching you through a window.

How much super serum would be provided, I could imagine a especially smart geneticist taking it, dividing it into portions, and selling super soldier pills in the market, with hilarious consequences.

Hard Boiled Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:Accent Scrambler.

Genetics item.

5 crystals (maybe more/less, I don't know)

When someone gets shot by it, they gain every accent at once, making them completely illegible.

Basically imagine a swedish smiling chav elvis, and you have the accent scrambler.

The beauty of it is it's completely useless for combat, but it's the best for subterfuge because no one can cry for help after being shot by it, because everyone devolves into completely unintelligible speech.

It's good, in the sense that there is no one else that can understand, which there is a few players, such as myself. Keep it at 5, but make it multi use. Four, maybe?

Also I was thinking of it like a gun that shoots syringes or directed radiation or something, so yeah it would probably be multi use.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Daeren - 06-12-2013

atomic1fire Wrote:How much super serum would be provided, I could imagine a especially smart geneticist taking it, dividing it into portions, and selling super soldier pills in the market, with hilarious consequences.

I was thinking it'd work more like the old SE/UI+UE syringes where it was a magical activator instead of an actual chemical inside the syringe. If it was an actual chemical, you'd get stuff like shady black market pills and drugged donuts, but you'd probably want to make it 8 or more telecrystals because smart geneticists could make one dose into five or more depending on how little it needs to activate. I'd prefer it to not be an actual chemical for that reason, because I only see that getting run into the ground extremely quickly.

(and I have my suspicions there's a chemical that works kinda like this already)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 06-16-2013

Gas canister.

7 credits

Spill it on floors, throw a lit cigarette/welder/lighter on the floor and watch it catch aflame. Make floors hard to cross because it's on fire.

Price is high because space gas is expensive.

Use it for improvised traps, or heat it and use it as an improvised bomb.

Basically a wielding fuel tank you can carry around comically and refill.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - VictorMAngoStein - 06-19-2013

Some "special" weapons for pubbies

Desert Eagle (extra 50cal ammo sold separately)-If your aim is good it's an instant kill but the recoil is will usually break (off) your arm or knock you down. The syndicate catalog on the PDA won't warn you about this.

Katana-Anyone who picks this up (including syndicates) automatically commits seppukku after monologueing about what a nerd they are.

Also, give traitor botanists a way to grow space kudzu, since the maneaters rarely kill anything. Actually, give the maneaters the ability to walk through kudzu too, then botanists can box victims in and let them get eaten.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Readster - 07-03-2013

Syndicate VR goggles.

Places the wearer onto a virtual reality version of the station. Unlike normal VR goggles, it doesn't show you wearing them in your UI but you can still get out if someone takes the glasses off on the outside or you die inside the VR.

The main use of this would be to keep a target still and unaware while you do whatever you want to their body, however they would cost about 6 or more telecrystals so you wouldn't be able to order more than one pair, and once you use them on someone they're stuck on that person until you remove them, pulling them out of VR.

A few downsides to the goggles are: While they will be temporarily distracted on a fake station with a few NPC spacemen with randomised names who wander about and say generic things over the VR radio, they might catch on to the suspicious behaviour of the NPC's, or the disappearance of certain individuals they may have earlier been interacting with. Also, the VR station is a simulation of the station as it was when the syndicates manufactured the goggles, that is to say, unaltered from it's starting state. Also, should they take damage outside of the VR, it will be duplicated within the VR. Should somebody on the outside be beating their head in with an extinguisher, their health will deteriorate as such inside the VR. This combination of suspicious features allows the victim to work out they have been imprisoned inside this VR station and can kill themselves to escape.

The process of applying the goggles would be similar to that of a sleepy pen. Simply click on your target while next to them and holding the goggles in your hand, and they will be placed onto the victim and teleport them to the VR station. A "X blinds Y with the flash" message will appear and the screen will simulate being flashed while the teleport is happening.

Possibly as a fun extra, regular VR goggles could be modified to access this fake station, the difference being that they cannot be placed onto someone in the same manner, and appear in the UI, but suicide is still needed to leave the VR. This could lead to fun rescue missions of entering the VR to convince the captain he has been kidnapped and placed into the VR to keep him busy, while also leading to traitors trying to fake convince their target they are in VR to make them kill themselves.

I think this would be a neat gimmicky traitor item, though should be exclusive to mechanics and scientists so that you don't see them every round and getting stolen away into VR isn't something you check for all the time. A frequency similar to the Artistic Toolbox sort of. This might be a lot of effort to code and overall not worth it but it's a neat idea I had and thought I might as well put it out there for discussion.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - enforcer9 - 07-04-2013

Readster Wrote:Syndicate VR goggles.

Places the wearer onto a virtual reality version of the station. Unlike normal VR goggles, it doesn't show you wearing them in your UI but you can still get out if someone takes the glasses off on the outside or you die inside the VR.

The main use of this would be to keep a target still and unaware while you do whatever you want to their body, however they would cost about 6 or more telecrystals so you wouldn't be able to order more than one pair, and once you use them on someone they're stuck on that person until you remove them, pulling them out of VR.

A few downsides to the goggles are: While they will be temporarily distracted on a fake station with a few NPC spacemen with randomised names who wander about and say generic things over the VR radio, they might catch on to the suspicious behaviour of the NPC's, or the disappearance of certain individuals they may have earlier been interacting with. Also, the VR station is a simulation of the station as it was when the syndicates manufactured the goggles, that is to say, unaltered from it's starting state. Also, should they take damage outside of the VR, it will be duplicated within the VR. Should somebody on the outside be beating their head in with an extinguisher, their health will deteriorate as such inside the VR. This combination of suspicious features allows the victim to work out they have been imprisoned inside this VR station and can kill themselves to escape.

The process of applying the goggles would be similar to that of a sleepy pen. Simply click on your target while next to them and holding the goggles in your hand, and they will be placed onto the victim and teleport them to the VR station. A "X blinds Y with the flash" message will appear and the screen will simulate being flashed while the teleport is happening.

Possibly as a fun extra, regular VR goggles could be modified to access this fake station, the difference being that they cannot be placed onto someone in the same manner, and appear in the UI, but suicide is still needed to leave the VR. This could lead to fun rescue missions of entering the VR to convince the captain he has been kidnapped and placed into the VR to keep him busy, while also leading to traitors trying to fake convince their target they are in VR to make them kill themselves.

I think this would be a neat gimmicky traitor item, though should be exclusive to mechanics and scientists so that you don't see them every round and getting stolen away into VR isn't something you check for all the time. A frequency similar to the Artistic Toolbox sort of. This might be a lot of effort to code and overall not worth it but it's a neat idea I had and thought I might as well put it out there for discussion.
It sounds cool, but it's overpowered if you can't escape, and underpowered if you can.

I mean, 6 telecrystals is a pretty major purchase even though I see where you're coming from.

Perhaps it could teleport you to a maze instead, and if you die in the maze, you start all over. But if you finish the maze, you wake up in the real station?