Goonstation Forums
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) (/showthread.php?tid=305)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Dauntasa - 04-03-2013

Geo Wrote:Does anyone use the syringe gun much?
No. The only time I have ever seen it was when I bought it myself. Turns out it sucks. It only has six shots and takes forever to load.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Dachshundofdoom - 04-03-2013

Dauntasa Wrote:
Geo Wrote:Does anyone use the syringe gun much?
No. The only time I have ever seen it was when I bought it myself. Turns out it sucks. It only has six shots and takes forever to load.

Yeah, I got one from a Syndicrate and was pretty irritated with its uselessness. I already suggested some kind of really nasty ammo you can order for it, but that port-a-medbay idea is also pretty good.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Weavel - 04-03-2013

HOW TO FIX THE SYRINGE GUN:

1. give it a set of default ammo; simple toxin-sleeptoxin mix.

2. allow people to load entire Syringe boxes at once

3. make it cheaper

4. increase the ammo cap

5. give it a less massive and obvious sprite

Other than that it really can't be changed too much, else it'll be a completely different weapon.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Swedish Horror - 04-07-2013

Please set the shotgun cost to 10 crystals, 7 crystals for a gun that instantly kills anyone not at 100 health, and even then kills them in two seconds with bleeding is too low.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Nubcake - 04-08-2013

it takes two shots to send someone into crit with the shotgun.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Swedish Horror - 04-08-2013

No, it doesn't. Is the damage dependent on targeted body parts, like the head? Two different times I've been at full health, and died from the bleeding seconds later with one shot.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Admiral jimbob - 04-09-2013

When I was syndie captain the other day I had to shoot some dude point-blank three times before he actually died. Twice probably would've been enough, but we were in the Captain's office. Once definitely wasn't, I decided to go postal on a few assistants later, shot them all at least once and they still managed to mob me and beat me to death.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Nubcake - 04-09-2013

I have both shot and been shot by the shotgun, and i can confirm it takes 2 shots to put your target into critical.

I got hit by a shotgun once, and bled to red, the bleeding stopped. i got hit again and this obviously sent me into crit. I have been put into crit by the shotgun in this way several times now

I don't know how they hell you are instantly dieing from one shot, unless you are exaggerating??

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Swedish Horror - 04-09-2013

I don't know either! But I've been dieing from one shot from a shotgun.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Clarks - 04-09-2013

The prototype cloak generator costs 4 crystals, just like the cloak.

It's an underused, somehow gimmicky item. I think it would be better at 3 crystals, like the chameleon projector.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Shoddy - 04-09-2013

Doesn't the revolver put people into crit with combined bleeding damage in two shots too...?

If it does, that's weird having the two weapons essentially having the same damage but one costing alot more.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - storm1911 - 04-09-2013

Shoddy Wrote:Doesn't the revolver put people into crit with combined bleeding damage in two shots too...?

If it does, that's weird having the two weapons essentially having the same damage but one costing alot more.

the way the gun looks is what matters,you feel more badass with a shotgun then with a revolver :freep: :jihad:

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - APARTHEID - 04-10-2013

Amplified Saxophone : 5~7 telecrystals

When played, the Saxophone emits a 5-tile radius blast, not unlike a Vampire's screech, in the surrounding area, breaking glass windows, smashing lights, and stunning people. Conversely, it would be about as strong as a fire extinguisher, allowing those smooth jazz rhythms to sink in as you cave their skulls in!

(Three or four blasts per charge on a 20 second cooldown? I'm not quite sure.)

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - atomic1fire - 04-10-2013

Landmine

remove some floor tiles, put the landmine there, then put the floor tiles back. Wait for some assistant to step on it and get blown to bits, or forget you put it there and die walking on it. Perhaps maybe add a small "click" when the landmine is activated, giving someone the time to hopefully run away enough to not be completely killed. Perhaps the floortiles could be "off" on close examination, to let someone know there's something there.

Since more "violent" weapons are being added, I figured people could be creative with a landmine.

Re: Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Hard Boiled - 04-10-2013

The Amplified Saxophone and the Landmine are both amazing ideas. If I had to pick though, I personally like the sax. It speaks to my character.