Goonstation Forums
Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM (/showthread.php?tid=297)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 12-14-2012

Rube Potter's Fitness Gym for Nerds, Dorks, Dweebs, and Weaklings:

As we all know we have alot of people with poor upper body strength and low self-esteem, who take it out by being terrible. I think by shoving them all in a cramped room with weights we can change that.

How I think it can work:

The fitness room would be added by making crew quarters smaller, and by remodeling the maintanence into a small gym. There would be a bench press, suspicously fragile looking pull-up bar, and a set of weights. A person would right click on a piece of equipment, set the amount of weight they would lift, and select how many times they would do one exercise.

How the weight lifting works:

A person starting to exercise would choose the smallest and a medium sized amount of repetitions to start off, if they work on each exercise at a good pace they would gain muscles, self confidence, a certificate of graduation signed by yours truely, and be able to open unpowered doors with their arms as if they are crowbars.

If someone decides to try and lift all of the weight at once, it would result in their measly arms breaking, and cause about 50 points of damage. And of course maybe Centcom Fitness equipment is not 100% safe.....

How would it benefit the crew and station:

The fitness room would give the crew a chance to work progressively on themselves to increase their muscles, self confidence, strength, keep them out of trouble, and be able to use their new freakishly strong muscles to smash eachother's faces in at the boxing ring.

Instead of having crew with nothing else to do fight in the bar, they can train in the gym and fight each other in the boxing ring instead!

New Profession: The Trainer

The trainer would be incharge of the gym, his job entails he:

Maintains the equipment. Makes sure the gym is being used by the crew.

Helps weight lifters choose how much they should lift. Yells at the crew to eat shitty power bars.

His traitor weapon would be a set of special Black Boxing Gloves, he can use to break walls down and robust chumps for ten telecrystals.

Well, I think I explained everything: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Re: Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - Furbeh - 12-15-2012

And then steroids gets added.

Re: Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - Anticheese - 12-15-2012

I see your gym and I raise you synaptizine, hyperzine, and tricordrazine.

Re: Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - HumbleBee - 12-15-2012

go to bed frontline.

you need rest.

Re: Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - Dauntasa - 12-15-2012

Anticheese Wrote:I see your gym and I raise you synaptizine, hyperzine, and tricordrazine.
excuse me I don't understand these words do you mean "damage, dropping things randomly, and being stunlocked forever"

Re: Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - enforcer9 - 12-15-2012

Dauntasa Wrote:
Anticheese Wrote:I see your gym and I raise you synaptizine, hyperzine, and tricordrazine.
excuse me I don't understand these words do you mean "resistance, damage, and healing"
fix'd

Re: Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 12-15-2012

Using medicine is for nerds, if you cannot shrug off blows with your massive arms then you deserve the pain.

P.S If a group of about five people get RIPPED in the gym and fight in the boxing ring, we can have a Wrestling Match with fat nerds reporting who gets piledrived.

Re: Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - Cogwerks - 12-15-2012

There was some admin lie that got taken seriously a couple years ago, a whole bunch of players got convinced that they could level up their strength by lifting and dropping toolboxes all round.

Re: Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 12-15-2012

Cogwerks Wrote:There was some admin lie that got taken seriously a couple years ago, a whole bunch of players got convinced that they could level up their strength by lifting and dropping toolboxes all round.

See? Nerds are secret wannabe body builders, they need their own space to do so. They are also incredibly gullible.

Re: Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - enforcer9 - 12-15-2012

I've been lifting toolboxes on extended for about 5 hours

What does this put my invisible strength var at?

Re: Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - Dauntasa - 12-15-2012

enforcer9 Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:
excuse me I don't understand these words do you mean "resistance, damage, and healing"
fix'd
Have you tried using them since overdose effects got added because holy shit, enjoy lying on the ground twitching for 15 minutes.

Re: Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - mozi - 12-15-2012

fitness equipment would be rad if it provided some negligible bonus but every piece of equipment could be sabotaged to harm/kill the user

Re: Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - icarus - 12-15-2012

make the traitor item a pair of rubber sleeves that are as strong as the highest level without the work

so basically this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd6VIgWlPv4

Re: Fitness Room: An idea I did not come up with at 2 AM - Furbeh - 12-15-2012

Dauntasa Wrote:Have you tried using them since overdose effects got added because holy shit, enjoy lying on the ground twitching for 15 minutes.
I had nearly 100 units of tricordrazine in me last night and not a single thing happened. I also tried giving myself Hyperglycemic Shock by chugging a bunch of sugar, but it didn't work either.

Furbeh Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:Have you tried using them since overdose effects got added because holy shit, enjoy lying on the ground twitching for 15 minutes.
I had nearly 100 units of tricordrazine in me last night and not a single thing happened. I also tried giving myself Hyperglycemic Shock by chugging a bunch of sugar, but it didn't work either.
I'm pretty sure it kicks in at 100+