Goonstation Forums
Centcom Disaster Booklet - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Centcom Disaster Booklet (/showthread.php?tid=2500)

Centcom Disaster Booklet - atomic1fire - 05-06-2014

Eva and Emergancy storage are kinda lacking in documentation, I have no idea how things like atmos work but I've always sort of figured it involves leaving an airscrubber in a room and calling it done.

That's probably wrong somehow.

I propose a generic manual dealing with emergencies, that could be found in Eva and emergency storage.

Something like the pharmocopia but for generic problems, like brute and burn injuries, fire, or air leak.

Re: Centcom Disaster Booklet - Morphing_Dwarf - 05-07-2014

I like it.

It should contain general instructions for things such as
- Meteor Showers
- Bombings
- Hull Breaches
- Kudzu
- Fire
- Power Loss.

It should also be 95% jokes. Because its Space Station 13 and none of that stuff ever really happens anyways.

Re: Centcom Disaster Booklet - Cogwerks - 05-07-2014

On that note, I'm planning to at some point rework how disasters are rolled.
Currently the game starts rolling increasing chances for a random (tiered) problem to occur after certain time limits pass. I'm thinking it'd be neat to change it to a timetable generated at round start, then have the centcom report hint at what might be coming and when. Sometimes it'd be right, sometimes it won't be. It'd give the heads a bit more to do for getting the crew prepared during the round, and traitors could have an advantage by planning around expected space weather instead of pretty much always getting fucked over by it.

Re: Centcom Disaster Booklet - atomic1fire - 05-07-2014

Cogwerks

If this somehow ends up with the crew making fun of centcom because their forecasts are sometimes wrong, I like the idea.

"Dang space weatherman, they said there was only 10 percent chance of meteors, and sure enough we got meteors"

or

"How the heck do they predict kudzu as weather, anyway, those space weatherman nerds are always wrong"

Re: Centcom Disaster Booklet - Zadeon - 05-07-2014

Sounds pretty cool, imagine telling everyone that today they will all loose their asses.

On a side note how do you access the centcom report at the beginning of a round?

Re: Centcom Disaster Booklet - Paineframe - 05-08-2014

Using an air scrubber is as easy as dragging it into a room, clicking on it, and turning it on. The problem is that it's not too effective unless the source of the gas leak is cut off, and once that's done the fire will burn off any remaining plasma in the air (gas leaks are almost always plasma, and they're usually on fire or about to be). Likewise, firefighting gear barely works and any fire not being actively fed by a plasma leak goes out nearly instantly. Major rooms seem to refill their air automatically and thus are generally fine once any hull breach is fixed, and people are usually fine with wearing internals in smaller rooms if they're stubborn enough to get back to work even after a bombing.

Zadeon Wrote:Sounds pretty cool, imagine telling everyone that today they will all loose their asses.

On a side note how do you access the centcom report at the beginning of a round?

At a TermOS machine (NOT a Comm Console, which runs ThinkDOS) you have to connect to the comm array, which will happily tell you the commands for downloading and printing the intercept. If you're not familiar with TermOS, I'd suggest using the CENTCOM Terminal in the radio room just north of the bridge, since as far as I know it's the only TermOS computer on the station that doesn't start out connected to the DWAINE mainframe (and therefore "help" will give you TermOS info rather than DWAINE info).

Re: Centcom Disaster Booklet - Kovirii - 05-08-2014

Centcom can even predict space weather now, what's next, round-wide forecasting of butts?

There's a emergency guide type thing on the martian ship already.