Goonstation Forums
Martian Mode - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Martian Mode (/showthread.php?tid=237)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Martian Mode - Erev - 01-10-2017

The real questuon is if I can War of the Worlds this shit?

RE: Martian Mode - ferriswheel1 - 01-10-2017

(01-10-2017, 03:13 PM)Erev Wrote: The real questuon is if I can War of the Worlds this shit?

THE CHANCES OF ANYTHING COMING FROM MAAARS WERE A MILLION TO ONE HE SAAAAID

RE: Martian Mode - Lady Birb - 01-10-2017

(01-10-2017, 03:16 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: THE CHANCES OF ANYTHING COMING FROM MAAARS WERE A MILLION TO ONE HE SAAAAID

I remember a time an admin played that song a round before spawning a bunch of hostile martians in the jazz lounge.

RE: Martian Mode - Cirrial - 01-16-2017

Following some discussion on IRC, I'm not certain that this is actually what the staff team wants, so I'm rescinding my weak claim on this.

RE: Martian Mode - Sundance - 01-16-2017

*audible sigh
That's interesting, seen as cogs when he was active said this was a good way of implementing large battleships and major pod battles. 
Perhaps too grandiose? 
Eitherways, that is a shame, considering the assets, and I'm at a loss at what is wanted for the server.

Edit: in a different light this post came across a bit negative. 
What I was getting at in my older post was that as mob in general, the 5 breeds would still be hella fun to play, as spawnable or whatever. 
I'm of the opinion that we could do with a lot more playable mobs, I have scribbles of other mobs based off of artifacts (eldritch tentacle creatures n stuff) that I'll probably get around to.

RE: Martian Mode - ZeWaka - 01-16-2017

I think its more about how some people feel about playing races other than human, as far as Cirrial's comment goes.

RE: Martian Mode - poland spring - 01-16-2017

(01-16-2017, 07:29 PM)zewaka Wrote: I think its more about how some people feel about playing races other than human, as far as Cirrial's comment goes.

for MARTIANS??? ok this shit is starting to get kind of rediculous

RE: Martian Mode - Cirrial - 01-16-2017

I was informed some staff members have threatened to quit if any non-human playable races are added so I think this idea is basically cursed.

I want to figure out some way of working with these ideas, even if it means I have to dig into some AI stuff.

RE: Martian Mode - Sundance - 01-17-2017

..what?
I think those who are of the opinion that this will be a playable race are misinterpreting my intentions
For one this is not a playable race. It would be based off the current mobs and is essentially diversifying it. You can't be a martian outside of turning up as an ambassador, an admin pressing a button, and lastly the mode itself.
Secondly, you can already play as a martian. Playable mob code for mutant and soldier already exists, alongside the diplomat/ambassador reskin.
Lastly, the stigma around playable mobs and aliens as a whole can be boiled down to how it is implemented, not the fact it exists. Paradise, for example is the polar extreme. We can do things entirely differently.

RE: Martian Mode - misto - 01-17-2017

why ppl suddenly so down on martians

theyd basically be reskinned nuke ops with different toys and with a focus on catching/murdering ppl rather than setting and defending the nuke

are you guys meaning to post these downer negative posts in the "add alien races as trait choices" thread, rather than this good, innocent, thread about a martian killteam

RE: Martian Mode - poland spring - 01-17-2017

(01-16-2017, 07:44 PM)Cirrial Wrote: I was informed some staff members have threatened to quit if any non-human playable races are added so I think this idea is basically cursed.

I want to figure out some way of working with these ideas, even if it means I have to dig into some AI stuff.

Well you can already play as all sorts of birds and other animals so I guess they must be packing their bags

RE: Martian Mode - Vitatroll - 01-17-2017

Those concerns don't have anything to do with martian mode; if they do, then those people are dumb. They are primarily concerned with character-setup choices with an eye toward avoiding another lizard fiasco.

I actually like strictly nonhuman antagonistic roles as they clearly divide 'us' and 'them'. I think these kinds of rounds are nice as palate cleansers after the more common 'everybody is trying to kill you' rounds.

RE: Martian Mode - Cirrial - 01-17-2017

OK SO IM A HUGE DUMB AND ANOTHER TALK ON IRC SUGGESTED THIS MIGHT NOT BE WHAT WAS BEING MENTIONED

tentative weak claim returns

RE: Martian Mode - poland spring - 01-17-2017

good. I can't wait for pew pew lasers with martians.

RE: Martian Mode - Nnystyxx - 01-18-2017

Martian mode seems like a fun thing to do and I like these ideas and anybody that thinks that it's bad huffs eggs and makes clothes from frozen farts
Also if this is implemented martian diplomats might get their balance changes that make them not the worst job on the planet to ever play