Goonstation Forums
Thrall Cost Thread - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Thrall Cost Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23282)

Thrall Cost Thread - saccharineChampion - 10-11-2024

Hello, and welcome to this thread! This was made because on this day, the restriction on thrall costs increasing the more thralls you make was lifted.
I've seen a fair bit of posting one way or another about it, and, while I do not have strong feelings on it myself yet, I figured making a thread for such discussion would be helpful.
I intentionally named the thread somewhat broadly because, if tweaks are made, it would be nice to have a general thread for cost changes as opposed to a new thread for each new cost scheme.
Please leave your thoughts on the current state of thrall cost below, and maybe include in your post what the current one you are talking about is so that the thread doesn't get needlessly convoluted should it cover multiple tweaks.
Have a great day!

RE: Thrall Cost Thread - Retrino - 10-12-2024

it is kind of ironic that within hours after the change i immediately heard "yeah there was an early shuttle on classic, vamp made an 8 thrall army" personally i think it was a good restriction. it kept vamps from frivolously creating thralls and leaving them to fend for themselves blood wise (which the blood range thing sooorta helped fix too, but the vamp doesnt lose much in abandoning their thrall) or stomping out a station with their massive numbers. a four person crowd beating the shit out of people is already incredibly strong, even with bare hands, but add in the thrall arms and More numbers its. ough

RE: Thrall Cost Thread - Konamaco - 10-12-2024

I was a secoff during that round and, its very, very hard to even get close to the vampire, especially when the thrall have weapons, I died instantly from 5 thralls stamcritting me and it gets especially worse when the vampire decides to do something with frost bats or grave fever. TLDR or whatever; Cant get close to vampire because 8 thralls

RE: Thrall Cost Thread - Kotlol - 10-13-2024

In my opinion.

The current state of thralls is good for a vampire to go rampage with an army of thralls. That's what it's suppose to do.

Thralls are only fun to play as in a burst. Cause the longer you wait.... the more likely you will run out of main HP and die.
Let alone Thralls are slow in grabbing and opening things. So disarming them is a main concern.

But I think Thralls need to diversivity. We see in media how different thralls can be.
We got the shambling zombies we have now.. but to be fair... those only work if the vampire is allowed to rampage and on classic. This is fine. But in Roleplay... being a thrall is a miserable time... The moaning, the forced mutation to a human if you are a mutant race thus making it even MORE clear you are a thrall and the escalation rule kinda hampers any fun factor for them there. Can't be a thrall in society with everyone going: "This guy is weird" There is no nuance... it is fun the 1st time but every time after it.. it's like... You are limited in gameplay mechanics and essentially build to rampage. But at the same time not.
Atleast Wraith minions can do some funny stuff.

I think we need more other thrall types for fun approaches.
I am fine with keeping this thrall format but also adding one where you can only have 2 thralls but they don't get the obivious thrallisms and bad traits, do need blood to sustain themselves but in other ways and have a slight increase in strength and stamina, but lesser main health wich still ticks down over time.

Just by doing this will make the vampire have a choice for thralls: "2 decent thralls for stealth or 8 thralls for rampage"