Goonstation Forums
Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 (/showthread.php?tid=22778)

Pages: 1 2 3

Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - Studenterhue - 06-07-2024

Greetings Goonstation fans!

Summertime is fast approaching in the Northern Hemisphere, and for those living in North America, the summer blockbuster season is already in full swing. In the spirit of seasonal tidings, this contest's theme is movie posters! Start up your favorite pixel art program, and sprite some movie posters that might adorn the hallowed halls of Space Station 13!

If this is your first time doing pixel art, you might want to check out the Goonstation Spriting Guidelines, which offers advice about things like picking drawing software and choosing colors. You can also ask for spriting advice in the #imspriter channel in our official Discord (you'll need the Player role to access it; instructions for obtaining the role are in the #rules channel.)

Entry Guidelines
  • Submit your entries through this thread. You can choose to embed the image or send it as an attachment. (There are dedicated buttons for both when you Preview Post and access the full editor.) Unlike the random room contests, you do not need to make a pull request.
  • These will be in-game sprites, so your entry should be no bigger than 32 pixels tall by 32 pixels wide. It doesn't have to take up the whole canvas; a lot of in-game posters hover around the 32x28 range, while others are closer to 19x17.
  • The poster does not need to be in 3/4 perspective; they are an exception.
  • PNG is preferred; you do not need to submit your poster as a .dmi file.
  • You can make multiple entries, but only one may be entered as your official entry
  • The film depicted can be real or fictional, so there's room for posters of both Spaceballs and Spaceballs II: The Search for More Money.
  • You can parody or imitate an existing movie poster design. In this specific situation, this would be considered fair use, under the policy of transformative works.
  • You can do fan-made posters, where you take an existing film and make your own movie poster for it.
  • It hopefully should not be a problem, but you'd best avoid anything too risque or offensive.

The deadline for submitting entries is June 23.  After this there will be a single public poll with all the entries, set to end on June 30. The five entries with the most votes will be added to the game.  Contest winners will also get a free sticker of their choosing, made by fellow admin Gannets (possible options here), and a Too Cool medal that lets you shelterbee in-game and in OOC. All participants will get a Fun Times medal, which allows you to become a living participation ribbon as a ghost.

RE: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - Lefinch - 06-08-2024

Sorry just checking: Would you like the entries in this thread? or elsewhere?
Let's just roll with it and throw in the bottom of the barrel to beat with this very basic, drab staffie grey entry. Look forward to seeing the other entries! 

[Image: hyOt2z0.png]

RE: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - WhatMG - 06-08-2024

Coming This Summer
An explosive motion-picture
By Director Gustav Guy
[Image: CEEDHAC.png]
(available for ant-cinema)
[Image: qS6A08V.png]
Edited with imgur as a host for the images. Please tell if there's any other issues!

RE: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - Lopdopgop - 06-08-2024

This summer....
Things are getting...
Honked.
[Image: The-Cluwne-Upscaled.png]
"I was so nervous, I ate like 50 bananas watching the preview!" - Jimbob Motha

[Image: Lop-Movie-Pster.png]
(In-game size)

RE: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - Cindertroy1 - 06-08-2024

Coming this summer...
a totally fictional horror story.
NOT based on a true story.
[Image: TpyycxT.png]
Non-Upscaled size
[Image: B1XxR9u.png]

RE: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - EvilWizard - 06-08-2024

This summer.... (of 1977)
Why not pay your aunt a visit ?
It could be the trip of a lifetime !
[Image: GPmBCpxaAAE6oy_?format=png&name=360x360]

(Additionally showings will take place in insect theatres ! )

[Image: HOUSEPosterSpacestation13.png?ex=6665ec1...044f5a8b5&]

RE: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - l0llerbate - 06-08-2024

It's here.. THE HONKINATER
[Image: image.png?ex=6665f7c6&is=6664a646&hm=b21...y=lossless]
When scaled down:
[Image: 1ayus17.png]

RE: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - Studenterhue - 06-08-2024

(06-08-2024, 04:58 AM)Lefinch Wrote: Sorry just checking: Would you like the entries in this thread? or elsewhere?

Yep, you're doing it right. You submit them through this thread. I know in the previous contest, people had to make pull requests, but for this one, you simply do it via this thread.

RE: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - Lefinch - 06-08-2024

(06-08-2024, 07:48 PM)Studenterhue Wrote:
(06-08-2024, 04:58 AM)Lefinch Wrote: Sorry just checking: Would you like the entries in this thread? or elsewhere?

Yep, you're doing it right. You submit them through this thread. I know in the previous contest, people had to make pull requests, but for this one, you simply do it via this thread.

Thank you, some very cool submissions already in. Look forward to seeing many more and thanks for the competition!

RE: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - Rubicubie - 06-09-2024

This summer...
Based on real events ( maybe )...
The damn monkeys!
[Image: 6wpD6n4.png]
Original size below
[Image: wNPhvLD.png]

RE: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - krimelizard - 06-09-2024

(i apologize in advance if this kind of meme-y submission is disallowed, please let me know Sleeping bee )
This summer...
A story of lies so devilish, that they will make you yell Egads!, yet so captivating you'll ruin your roast.
Chalmskinn productions presents:
Steam'd Hams
Premieres at this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of space, localized entirely within NanoTrasen facilities

[Image: image-2024-06-09-175812948.png]

(non-upscaled)
[Image: image-2024-06-09-175539371.png]

RE: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - BatElite - 06-10-2024

[Image: akLG0QQ.png]
My poppy said "Son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop flyin' that Hot Pod Lincoln!"

Not quite a movie reference. uwu

RE: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - valtsu0 - 06-10-2024

The Podfather
[Image: image.png]

Orignial size: [Image: podfather.png]
(Take into account that it's mostly just darkened syndieputt sprite that is not made by me)

RE: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - JOELED - 06-10-2024

My submission:
[Image: D3wJ1g6.png]
How it looks ingame:
[Image: M6SeBKz.png]
[Image: RLyXl12.png]

RE: Goonstation Contribution Contest - June 2024 - Sockssq - 06-11-2024

my submission to the contest
a ET reference with a clown fishing in the singulo
[Image: n50sqwJ.png]

original size:
[Image: J6K841m.png]