Goonstation Forums
cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally (/showthread.php?tid=221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 12-07-2012

That's pretty much the point of the switchgear room. Finite electricity under standard operating settings, if people start building a bunch of duplicated power-intensive stuff you might need to shift some power around or risk brownouts / blown fuses.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - atomic1fire - 12-07-2012

Sounds like it would give electricians something to do (besides build laser guns and stun gloves) and traitors something to sabotage, neat.

Not trying to be rude though but do we get a release date? or is this something that's not gonna be around for a while yet.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 12-07-2012

When it's done? I dunno, maybe a month or two. Also yeah, I'd like to give electricians more station maintenance/repair work to do so it's not just a job for mass-producing junk.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Ronnyfire - 12-07-2012

While i like the round observatory look of botany, the placements of the pots is always annoying (Inconvenient)

i have always imagined it would work fairly with a 7*7 square of pots in the center (smaller maybe?) with a missing pot on each corner and center left/right for entrance to the ring. Place the compost bin and water cart in the center and move the chairs and table to the far side of the room (from the door). Lastly place the seed machine and the gene mutation stuff near the entrance.

My poor editing is my idea basically (not sure about the bits to the left of the tables/stools)

http://puu.sh/1ymuS

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - RoboTek - 12-07-2012

Cogwerks Wrote:When it's done? I dunno, maybe a month or two. Also yeah, I'd like to give electricians more station maintenance/repair work to do so it's not just a job for mass-producing junk.

Alright, how about this?

There is a main power line going down the main hallways, creating a primary power grid. This leads to regional SMES that then have their own separate local power grid. Solars connect to the 'Main Line' and do not directly power anything except the primary corridors. This does a few things:

It makes it easier to sabotage a region's power supply.
It gives electricians a job to bypass destroyed SMES areas by hooking the main power up to an area directly.
It gives the station a more understandable power system to tweak and alter.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - atomic1fire - 12-07-2012

I'm not sure if this would kill byond, but maybe electricians could be tasked with keeping a life support system on the station. e.g Atmos without much intervention from the crew besides maybe keeping solars on until they can leave.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 12-07-2012

I just figured out why that the rat in the owlry looked so strange. it looks alot like remy's fat older brother in the movie. I hope it is not remy's brother right? Right?

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - APARTHEID - 12-07-2012

Ronnyfire Wrote:While i like the round observatory look of botany, the placements of the pots is always annoying (Inconvenient)

i have always imagined it would work fairly with a 7*7 square of pots in the center (smaller maybe?) with a missing pot on each corner and center left/right for entrance to the ring. Place the compost bin and water cart in the center and move the chairs and table to the far side of the room (from the door). Lastly place the seed machine and the gene mutation stuff near the entrance.

My poor editing is my idea basically (not sure about the bits to the left of the tables/stools)

http://puu.sh/1ymuS

The advantage of Revisited Donut to Mushroom was the fact that the Seed Dispenser and Manipulator were right next to each other.

Please. ChemMasters and their respective reagent extractors are right next to one another. Throw Hydroponics a bone.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Archenteron - 12-08-2012

Cogs posted this on SA a day ago as a revision:[Image: bkEsT.png]

Seed vendors next to manipulators, two sets so multiple botaniss can work, more pots so you can pull the top/bottom five up one row and put the two above that row down where the water/compost tanks are for a nice tidy line of pots. It's beautiful.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Weavel - 12-08-2012

That's exactly what I wanted from Botany, good stuff.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Veriox - 12-09-2012

Will you be re-designing Mining, and adding more derelict stations?

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Sundance - 12-09-2012

Veriox Wrote:Will you be re-designing Mining, and adding more derelict stations?
I heard on the ooc that space will be alot more fun for miners.

So.. Surgery..
What's your ideas on that cog? Will it be more than removing a rarely spent round from someone?
Just an idea that may or may not be easy to code:

- Health cap
You know the way someone may get severe anatomical damage from a cyalume beating or bomb blast, maybe ingesting or injecting medicine can only heal them to a certain point, for example around somewhere below green health, and it would require surgery to get them 100% again.
This would be good because it would require someone to operate on you instead of people pushing their way into medical and helping themselves to the supplies.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - HumbleBee - 12-09-2012

i just go an idea; make a (possibly holographic) beach room with a joint dispenser and a boombox.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Karakoran - 12-09-2012

HumbleBee Wrote:i just go an idea; make a (possibly holographic) beach room with a joint dispenser and a boombox.
You mean like the holographic beach room in the hacked VR Maze?

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 12-09-2012

Sundance Wrote:So.. Surgery..
What's your ideas on that cog? Will it be more than removing a rarely spent round from someone?
Just an idea that may or may not be easy to code:

I want to add some high-damage triggered ailments like Third-Degree Burns and Organ Failure that require surgery instead of chems/cryo to fix. Might be a later thing though.