Goonstation Forums
cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally (/showthread.php?tid=221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - BlackPhoenix - 02-01-2013

Kaet Wrote:Would be nice to have someone dedicated to helping people out in the medbay.
...You mean like a Medical Doctor of sorts?

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - Sitoutumaton - 02-01-2013

I'm for the return of head surgeon. Having someone in medbay to keep the doctors from running away would be nice, and he could get a cane to whack the unruly orderlies with.

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 02-01-2013

Our current HS is doing his job by staying in Medbay with no complaints, if we were add a new one we would have to make sure his job is to be Medbay's manager, not another head that scream in the bridge about calling the shuttle.

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - Cogwerks - 02-01-2013

I'd be down with bringing back the head surgeon, but not to keep the doctors in line. If we want players to hang around in medbay, it should be because doing so is fun, not because some idiot in a suit is yelling at them.
There are some things I have in mind for that, but they're kinda outside the scope of this thread.

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - JackBread - 02-01-2013

I noticed those radios with the red, blue, and yellow tiles under them. Are they connected to the security, research, and engineering channels?

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - Cogwerks - 02-01-2013

JackBread Wrote:I noticed those radios with the red, blue, and yellow tiles under them. Are they connected to the security, research, and engineering channels?

Not directly to the headsets, but there are associated intercoms in each department. Catering has a dedicated intercom channel shared by the ordering intercom in the cafeteria, the kitchen, the bartender's booth, the back storage area, and hydroponics.

QM also has a dedicated channel with intercoms at all entrances to the cargo routing system and the QM lobby.

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - Klayboxx - 02-01-2013

Oh shit yeah I'm even more hyped

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - mozi - 02-01-2013

Cogwerks Wrote:I'd be down with bringing back the head surgeon, but not to keep the doctors in line. If we want players to hang around in medbay, it should be because doing so is fun, not because some idiot in a suit is yelling at them.
There are some things I have in mind for that, but they're kinda outside the scope of this thread.

yeah I was envisioning him as more of a CE type role-- if all the people in their department are useless and fuck off they're the ones who have the access & responsibility to fill in where necessary.

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - atomic1fire - 02-01-2013

That's my idea of the HS.

CE's pretty much required to know how to run the singularity if every other engineer is screwing around.

Someone playing HS should be competent in every possible medical field, just so that if there's an immediate need, he/she can fulfill it.

I also see HS as a doctor to the heads, because a head doctor is a lot more trustworthy than some random assistant in a lab coat.

If the HS is stripped down to a surgeon role, I'd be okay with it, but I like the role as a head who's a jack of all trades in the medical field when needed much better because with a competent HS, you can ensure that dr.newbie has someone who can tell them exactly how stuff works, or at least prevent them from developing a high body count.

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 02-02-2013

We need to be fair and give our current HS a promotion for his hard work, so let's add it.

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - atomic1fire - 02-02-2013

Give the head surgeon box the new status of cardboard co-captain.
It will give the syndicates and traitors (and gangs) an inanimate object to kidnap.

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - V12US - 02-03-2013

I used to play HS as a sort of super doctor, dropping by whichever medbay department needed help the most at the time. I was pretty sad to see the job go. It sucks to play some kind of medical job and see one of the departments suffering greatly, but not really being able to help out.

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - atomic1fire - 02-03-2013

Make it possible to burn up bodies completely in plasma fires, like you can burn paper.

I know that sounds horrible, but it means you could use engineering to do traitor executions and station death sentences.

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - Dachshundofdoom - 02-03-2013

atomic1fire Wrote:Make it possible to burn up bodies completely in plasma fires, like you can burn paper.

I know that sounds horrible, but it means you could use engineering to do traitor executions and station death sentences.

I actually agree with this, it's really weird that bodies have a sprite where they're completely engulfed in raging flames, but even if they spend 30 minutes in a 400000+ degree Toxins fire they can be recovered perfectly fine.

I'm not saying they need to be as flammable as paper or anything, it'd take a while for something as wet and thick as a human body to totally burn up in an average fire, but they should EVENTUALLY burn up. Maybe as a corpse rots, it could become increasingly flammable. That and the new disease system might encourage people to actually get rid of the damn things one way or the other before just dropping a welder on one turns it into a bonfire.

Re: muncher station // aka cogmap v0.97 - BlackPhoenix - 02-03-2013

Dachshundofdoom Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:Make it possible to burn up bodies completely in plasma fires, like you can burn paper.

I actually agree with this, it's really weird that bodies have a sprite where they're completely engulfed in raging flames, but even if they spend 30 minutes in a 400000+ degree Toxins fire they can be recovered perfectly fine.

I'm not saying they need to be as flammable as paper or anything, it'd take a while for something as wet and thick as a human body to totally burn up in an average fire, but they should EVENTUALLY burn up. Maybe as a corpse rots, it could become increasingly flammable. That and the new disease system might encourage people to actually get rid of the damn things one way or the other before just dropping a welder on one turns it into a bonfire.
Or make them freak out at the corpse and hurl it into a plasma inferno to avoid disease. I support this.