Goonstation Forums
cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally (/showthread.php?tid=221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 01-24-2013

I think that's a Baystation/TG thing, variable plasma. Also I don't really dare to go messing with the gas code much.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Anticheese - 01-24-2013

I wouldn't mind seeing precipitation of new compounds if you pump chemical smoke into the gas chamber being a thing. Or anything new to do that gives you an option other than lighting it on fire, anyway.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - RoboTek - 01-24-2013

What if Toxins could produce large scale gas canisters of unique gas blends?

Their chamber could be used to brew large-scale reactions for sleeping gas, C02, powerful fuel blends, fire suppression gas, or more. In effect, Toxins could become a sort of 'large scale chemistry', perhaps even with a plant that could generate base gasses from nothing (at the cost of huge amounts of power).

Oh, speaking of canisters, I just made it so canisters no longer like being full of ludicrous amounts of pressure. Very bad things may happen. Be advised.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Dauntasa - 01-24-2013

How ludicrous are we talkin here?

Also please make canister bombs a thing

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - atomic1fire - 01-24-2013

Canister bombs and bombs that release large amounts of chemical smoke would be fun.

Also some way to lock timers so that the only way to disarm them is to cut the right wire.

e.g THE BLUE WIRE, THE BLUE WIRE, OH GOD IT'S ARMED RUN. oh it's just lsd and thc smoke.

Dauntasa Wrote:How ludicrous are we talkin here?

Also please make canister bombs a thing

If you overpressurize the hell out of a canister now and fail to depressurize it within about thirty seconds, expect a whole lot of problems to happen. Fun problems.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - BlackPhoenix - 01-24-2013

Cogwerks Wrote:I think that's a Baystation/TG thing, variable plasma. Also I don't really dare to go messing with the gas code much.
I can understand the not wanting to bugger with the coding much, but I don't think that just because other stations might do it doesn't mean ours shouldn't. I understand not wanting to rip 'em off because that shit is almost as stupid as server wars, but having similar ideas isn't a bad thing. I'm not a coder though, so I really can't speak for how suckish it'd be to code in.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - atomic1fire - 01-24-2013

TGstation has cool things and dumb things. (I rather like the security armbands and checkpoints, but that's just me)

The only station that doesn't make a lot of sense to me is baystation. It seems like a roleplaying game gone horribly boring.

They have a rule that revolutionary leaders have to convince you to join them before they flash you.

That seems like the least fun thing. Part of the fun of rev was trying to be discreet until you had an army of assistants, not playing Che and quickly getting arrested by security because you were holding rev tryouts.

At least gang mode makes enough sense for roleplay.

If baystation stole that it would make much more sense then role-playing revs.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - mozi - 01-25-2013

atomic1fire Wrote:They have a rule that revolutionary leaders have to convince you to join them before they flash you.

this sounds funny as hell, and I would like to do a gimmick round like this except mandate each rev head has to stick to a particular strain of marxist orthodoxy, demanding that instead of merely killing the heads they purge the reactionary elements

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - atomic1fire - 01-25-2013

http://baystation12.net/wiki/index.php? ... Revolution

Quote:If you randomly flash people, you will be antag banned or worse. Convince them to join the revolution through RP before flashing them. If you were randomly flashed, or ICly wish to un-join the revolution, adminhelp it.

Doesn't really sound fun to me, but maybe Communist rev could be hilarious in it's own right.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - V12US - 01-25-2013

mozi Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:They have a rule that revolutionary leaders have to convince you to join them before they flash you.

this sounds funny as hell, and I would like to do a gimmick round like this except mandate each rev head has to stick to a particular strain of marxist orthodoxy, demanding that instead of merely killing the heads they purge the reactionary elements

But isn't this basically what Gang Wars is (going to be) like?

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 01-26-2013

V12US Wrote:But isn't this basically what Gang Wars is (going to be) like?

Vaguely, but instead of punishing players for using the flash to get recruits, recruits have to willingly join up because that's how the locker works. You can certainly threaten or coerce them into joining. It's a similar dynamic I guess, but from a gameplay standpoint instead of a forced thing where you can't use a flash the way you want.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Dauntasa - 01-27-2013

I had the idea of stealing all the electropacks from genetics and kidnapping neutrals and strapping the packs to them to force them to act as conscripts. They can join the gang if they kill someone. But honestly that involves work and I've yet to actually be a gang leader, so eh.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - atomic1fire - 01-27-2013

If a traitor was in a gang round, they could just steal a bunch of electropacks, stun a few people, then use the electropacks to create a slave trade for gang members.