Goonstation Forums
cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally (/showthread.php?tid=221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - atomic1fire - 01-04-2013

Maybe bar could have a candy counter, I really don't see the point though because you could just have a junk food machine that does the same thing.

I do kind of want a root beer barrel for bar and QM though.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - epicdwarf - 01-04-2013

Shoddy Wrote:Can we please have a candy shop? smile
Candy shop? No, we need a hat store.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Willfrey - 01-07-2013

epicdwarf Wrote:
Shoddy Wrote:Can we please have a candy shop? smile
Candy shop? No, we need a hat store.

Oh my, a clothing store would be pretty cool. Just have a single staff assistant spawn there, put a VIP-type door switch there shut by default. If he gets out he has no way of shutting it so people can still get other clothes if they wish, yet on the other hand he could force people to trade him things for the desired item.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 01-07-2013

No way. If you want to run a salesman gimmick, just use the public market.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Klayboxx - 01-07-2013

It'd be really nice if there was an easy way to get food onto the counter as a chef. Doughnut had it, mushroom does not. I have to leave the safety of the bar/kitchen just to serve the savages that NanoTrasen calls crew.

Also - I know that we tend to stay away from things that are present in /tg/ but it'd be neat if we hand one of those fridge tec thingers. Basically botany is right up against the kitchen and the fridge is part of the wall dividing the two and instead of throwing produce on the table or through the shoot it is neatly organized into a vendatron. It's very nice and great for organization, of which the current kitchen setup has none whatsoever.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Readster - 01-07-2013

You seem to be under the illusion that botany actually makes things for the chef.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - CaptainBravo - 01-07-2013

Readster Wrote:You seem to be under the illusion that botany actually makes things for the chef.

they did when there were just sliding windows and a single table separating them.

Klayboxx Wrote:It'd be really nice if there was an easy way to get food onto the counter as a chef. Doughnut had it, mushroom does not. I have to leave the safety of the bar/kitchen just to serve the savages that NanoTrasen calls crew.

Already ahead of you on that. Have a look at this:

[Image: km5SW.png]

See that chute in the corner of the kitchen near the ovens? It outputs directly onto the bar table. Bell rings, disposal outlet opens up and burgers or whatever fly out.

As far as deliveries go, there's a conveyor belt for delivering crates to the kitchen from botany:

[Image: olbGo.png]

Cogwerks Wrote:-snip-

Oh that is fucking awesome. It so screams ss13 it's not even funny. "Order up!" and suddenly airborn burgers fling into the room

How long until monkey's and fried corpses come flying across the bar counter? My bet is on 5 minutes.

You could also use it as a murder method by removing the bar table, put a chair in front of the outlet, cuff someone to the chair and then deliver a ton of burgers and forks and kitchen junk.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Dauntasa - 01-07-2013

Cogwerks Wrote:You could also use it as a murder method by removing the bar table, put a chair in front of the outlet, cuff someone to the chair and then deliver a ton of burgers and forks and kitchen junk.
There should be a series of disposal outlets behind the bar hooked to one chute in the kitchen. Covered by blast doors. When the drunks get rowdy, open the blast doors and force them back with cutlery, eggs and broken glass fired from your disposal shotgun.

Cogwerks Wrote:You could also use it as a murder method by removing the bar table, put a chair in front of the outlet, cuff someone to the chair and then deliver a ton of burgers and forks and kitchen junk.

That would take a whole lot of effort...And oh my god would that be worth it. I'm now thinking you could also put a lit welder on top of them and launch some explosives through the chute. This might make the chef my new favourite job.

On a side note I notice the room with a meat hook, gibber and some pipes, of which the purpose I don't know, behind the kitchen. Is this the chefs new torture and murder room?

Readster Wrote:

That would take a whole lot of effort...And oh my god would that be worth it. I'm now thinking you could also put a lit welder on top of them and launch some explosives through the chute. This might make the chef my new favourite job.

On a side note I notice the room with a meat hook, gibber and some pipes, of which the purpose I don't know, behind the kitchen. Is this the chefs new torture and murder room?

I'm assuming that the pipes keep the room super cold. But yeah essentially a murder room with nowhere to hide and you're pretty open to an AI seeing you. But still a great room.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Swedish Horror - 01-15-2013

Any new progress on this?