Goonstation Forums
cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally (/showthread.php?tid=221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - atomic1fire - 12-28-2012

Easy bake traitor sabotage, load sprinkler with poly acid, set chemistry or all of research on fire, watch as peons kill themselves with poly acid in a futile attempt to put the fire out.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - h3half - 12-28-2012

atomic1fire Wrote:Easy bake traitor sabotage, load sprinkler with poly acid, set chemistry or all of research on fire, watch as peons kill themselves with poly acid in a futile attempt to put the fire out.
Or load it with something that either makes the fire burn hotter or explodes with heat.

Also, cog, I really really like the new Medbay layout

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - mozi - 12-28-2012

yeah medbay is great, it's a proper waiting room instead of a desolate lobby. not that anyone besides the corpses will wait instead of attempting to break in, but it's still cool.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - icemoo - 12-29-2012

Should give the bridge/captain a fish tank. Its classy and im sure you guys have a sprite already for it somewhere.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - atomic1fire - 12-30-2012

Captain should have the dopefish in a fishtank for a pet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopefish

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Weavel - 12-30-2012

ATMs are a bit depressingly under-used. I had a quick idea on how to help that

- hacking the ATM; stealthier, but can cause an alarm that PDA messages Sec about a theft, or something similar
- busting open the ATM; will definitely cause an alarm, but it can be done from the wall BEHIND the ATM, allowing you to rob it all from a maintenance corridor and make off with a bag of loot.

Just seems like the traitor objective "Get X credits" is so rudiemntary and dull that something needs to be done.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - CaptainBravo - 12-30-2012

Weavel Wrote:- busting open the ATM; will definitely get you shot by the Captain and Detective after they watch you robbing the ATM through the wall
though i guess there's that one near customs too

why are there only two ATMs on a station that can have upwards of 60 guys anyways

why don't more people withdraw money for pizzas

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - david2222121 - 12-30-2012

Don't forget the QM and south of the old bar. I think he means the ATMs that are built into the walls, and have that sliding glass door instead of that clunky computer the HoP's office has.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 12-30-2012

Weavel Wrote:ATMs are a bit depressingly under-used. I had a quick idea on how to help that

- hacking the ATM; stealthier, but can cause an alarm that PDA messages Sec about a theft, or something similar
- busting open the ATM; will definitely cause an alarm, but it can be done from the wall BEHIND the ATM, allowing you to rob it all from a maintenance corridor and make off with a bag of loot.

Just seems like the traitor objective "Get X credits" is so rudiemntary and dull that something needs to be done.

That sounds cool but it's more of a general suggestion than a map thing, I'll think about it though. I could probably set that up. "Get X Credits" is kind of a lame goal currently, busting open ATMs would be fun.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Weavel - 12-30-2012

Yeah I figured it was more general-suggestions right as I posted it. Oh well, nice to see it get considered.

I've had some slight thoughts on how ATM hacking could be done.

The general engineering way

Screwdriver, crowbar, omnitool on some wires, wrong wire will either cause the atm to shoot coins at anyone standing in the little booth, or just shock them maybe? I personally like the idea of some assistant accidentally turning an atm into a coin spewing death trap every time they get dollar signs in their eyes.

The Emag way

The emag way is less abusable, but also less fun, Being arrested by security for attempting to rob the station with a good old fashion crowbar is a lot more interesting then running around as traitor and emagging all the atm's for cash.

I think I mostly said what weavel said, except s/he suggested allowing people to bust atm's open from behind.
Too late to rethink that post though, but busting open ATM's from behind like a master theif could be cool, maybe if someone could remove the atm from the wall by deconstructing the wall, then just drag the atm somewhere else to break it open, less alarm from security maybe.

But more atm's with more uses are always good, the perhaps the boxing area should have one of those card machines used for exchanging money, except it could be modified for sports betting somehow maybe, I don't know.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - V12US - 01-04-2013

So I just noticed how Hydrophonics is always right next to the Cafetaria/restaurant, which makes sense in hindsight. Since Hydroponics always looks so neat with it's grassy floors and architecture, I thought it would be cool if that arm of the station would be made into some kind of park area, built around Hydrophonics and the cafetaria.

This might be too much work. but I felt like suggesting it anyway. It'd be a bit different from the endless hallways and maintenance tunnels.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 01-04-2013

V12US Wrote:So I just noticed how Hydrophonics is always right next to the Cafetaria/restaurant, which makes sense in hindsight. Since Hydroponics always looks so neat with it's grassy floors and architecture, I thought it would be cool if that arm of the station would be made into some kind of park area, built around Hydrophonics and the cafetaria.

This might be too much work. but I felt like suggesting it anyway. It'd be a bit different from the endless hallways and maintenance tunnels.

Hippy B.Freakington says, "Man look at all of these plants man, it's so magical. Nadamakong Suh my Swedish friend."

Hippie B. Freakington get his throat slashed by the Swedish Chef!

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Shoddy - 01-04-2013

Can we please have a candy shop? smile