Goonstation Forums
cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally (/showthread.php?tid=221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 12-26-2012

Conor12 Wrote:So Keelin let me have a go on one of the pods.

I promptly smacked it with the wrong parts until he told me what to do. I loaded it up with syndi gear, not realising that it was dangerous (to me) and the went off on a space journey. The ship exploded horribly.

The second was safer and useful, and fun. The cloaker worked, and took up most of the ship's power. The laser worked with what seemed like no recharge rate. Infinite lasers. Wormholes worked well.

In the 'Ship' tab, there was a typo, access is acess.

I felt so powerful when I got the hang of it, almost too much.

All the components are still from ISRA's vehicle project months ago, once all the fundamental stuff is hammered out I'm gonna work on balancing them better. No infinite lasers for one.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Katznelson - 12-26-2012

Can you make it so that it shoots one laser a time rather than two at the same time? Last time someone mashed the button to those things the server lagged to hell.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Conor12 - 12-26-2012

Whatever module I used only fired one at a time.

It was called something similar to 'military-I standard laser'

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - atomic1fire - 12-26-2012

Perhaps the pods should tie into research somehow. Like maybe give robotics the ability to research pod upgrades (such as a repair drive, let the pod sit away from combat for a while and it will slowly repair itself, but uses fuel maybe and takes up space that could otherwise be used for weapons or something)

if it's already not a thing, it should be possible to build stronger pods, at the risk of making the pods slower in flight. The icons maybe wouldn't need changing, perhaps a tint of color or something to show that it's different looking metal, but it could be noted that it's stronger because it's not as fast. Giving pods a good balance of do you want a flimsy speed machine (aerodynamics) or something that won't go super fast, but will stand up to most conventional weapons.

Engineering and research could use a project they both can play with, the pods could be just that.

Also the map and the upcoming changes sound pretty cool so far, I really hope we see it live soon.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 12-26-2012

Standard pod: [Image: d5WeQ.png]

Heavy pod: [Image: DWHID.png]

Heavy ones are gonna require some mid-round mining ores, they'll be slower will be able to hold bigger power-output engines, bigger weapons and they've got stronger armor. The standard pods are more for exploration, transportation and search-and-rescue stuff. With the cargo hold you could use them to take some supplies out to a derelict and then ferry passengers back and forth. With the GPS module (which should probably just be part of the communications board) you can look for distress signals and keep track of where the other NT pods are.

I'm working on setting up the construction interactions, building the main pod is just about done. Components will probably just be made by the manufacturer unit out of ores, but some of the stuff like weapons will be tied a bit to Electronics.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - atomic1fire - 12-26-2012

Also it would probably be more RP (and kind of cool) if they had a centcom official title, like Nanotrasen "Patrol Or Delivery Ships", aka nanotrasen pods.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - enforcer9 - 12-26-2012

atomic1fire Wrote:Also it would probably be more RP (and kind of cool) if they had a centcom official title, like Nanotrasen "Patrol Or Delivery Ships", aka nanotrasen pods.
NanoPOD

haha cuz they're not actually nano.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Kaet - 12-27-2012

Rogue AIs will have good times with the air bridge hallway

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 12-27-2012

Cogwerks Wrote:With the little storage depot near arrivals there, I'm anticipating a lot of localized fires cutting the station in half. !!fun!!

Who needs pods when you can use the fuel to burn the station down right guys??????

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Anticheese - 12-27-2012

What if you use pods to spread fuel around to make burning the station down even easier? It makes you think.

Woah...my mind is blown.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 12-27-2012

Rough size comparison between current and next map:

Current map minimap:
[Image: iEXXg.png]

Cogmap:
[Image: 6O1IL.png]
(a few of the gaps are things that just don't have areas set yet)

I just did a crazy thing and added an engine-vent sauna. Deal wit it.
e: out of date picture already, changed it to a heat-exchange coil instead of a direct vent so it won't pour CO2 into the room

[Image: bUXfF.png]

Latest view of the engine layout:

[Image: JGDP6.png]

Adding those pressure relief tanks above the intakes seems to have brought the operating parameters down to a fairly reasonable range, it had been spiking up to 1.2mW for awhile before I added those. Now with a few minutes of setup I can get it to stay pretty steady at 300-500kW.

I also changed the valves so they'll hiss when used now, which you'll see on the current map shortly.

Where are the pretty pictures?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 12-27-2012

Refresh the page

Ok cool