Goonstation Forums
cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally (/showthread.php?tid=221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 12-24-2012

Ideally it'd consume fuel so you'd need to fly back once in awhile to the hangar and get a refill. Mining and the main hangar could both do this.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Anticheese - 12-24-2012

Make it so that engines can use welding fuel in a pinch. I want my assistant space adventures to be feasible, if not as good as using real fuel.

Idea: solar panels as a secondary component?

I was thinking plasma, hand-tanks with a hookup in the hangar room.

[Image: LoH9t.png]

[Image: 2uEDh.png]

-> [Image: Sk3JG.png]

A little fuel depot just below arrivals, at a critical chokepoint on the station: 100% good idea, SAFETY FIRST

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Veriox - 12-24-2012

I think engineering should have their own pod, like one with an RCD or some way to repair the station of there's any damage.

Could easily be built in round. I don't really want to provide a ton of pods at the start, even having three already existing is a bit high.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Veriox - 12-24-2012

Well, maybe you could add things like a pod-RCD or something to repair the station, but have them like a weapon. So they'll be attached like a weapon, but be used to fix stuff. Then engineers could have a better way of fixing the station.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - epicdwarf - 12-24-2012

Cogwerks Wrote:Could easily be built in round. I don't really want to provide a ton of pods at the start, even having three already existing is a bit high.
Honestly I think you should force engineering to build the pods. That way they will have something else to do when waiting for the station to blow up.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Sundance - 12-24-2012

What I was thinking for my martian pod, as the chances of going off to another z-level and not being able to come back are quite high, that you could implement some sort of "warp-drive" that would teleport the ship back the the south edge of the station z-level.
For your pods, it would eat alot of fuel, so that is should only be used if in emergencies.
Thoughts?

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Karakoran - 12-24-2012

Sundance Wrote:What I was thinking for my martian pod, as the chances of going off to another z-level and not being able to come back are quite high, that you could implement some sort of "warp-drive" that would teleport the ship back the the south edge of the station z-level.
For your pods, it would eat alot of fuel, so that is should only be used if in emergencies.
Thoughts?
If it was in there, you'd probably need to make the Pod be undisturbed for 30 seconds or something while teleporting (powering-up warp drive?) so they couldn't evade combat easilly.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - BruceHenke - 12-24-2012

Karakoran Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:What I was thinking for my martian pod, as the chances of going off to another z-level and not being able to come back are quite high, that you could implement some sort of "warp-drive" that would teleport the ship back the the south edge of the station z-level.
Thoughts?
If it was in there, you'd probably need to make the Pod be undisturbed for 30 seconds or something while teleporting (powering-up warp drive?) so they couldn't evade combat easilly.

This, and make the warp drive or whatever sabatogable (emag?) so it explodes when someone tries to use it

Thoughts?

Actually, what I'd been thinking about is sorta like that, but I don't like the warp drives. My plan at the moment was to put in a toggle and a signal check - have "navigation" tied to the communications system on the pods, and a button for scanning for the station. If the communications dish on the station is active, then the next time you cross a z-level you'll end up back at the station. If the communications dish is NOT active, all pods are effectively lost in space - but they'd still be able to find Mining.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - h3half - 12-24-2012

Cutting wires to communication dishes has never been so rewarding!

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Anticheese - 12-24-2012

If pod fuel is a plasma/O2 mix, can we see more O2 canisters around the station? They're handy for making new station spaces habitable, and for this purpose too. If plasma storage can be made somewhat accessible from maintenance, it opens the door for home-made fuel, and a few more options for antagonists.

With the little storage depot near arrivals there, I'm anticipating a lot of localized fires cutting the station in half. !!fun!!

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Conor12 - 12-26-2012

So Keelin let me have a go on one of the pods.

I promptly smacked it with the wrong parts until he told me what to do. I loaded it up with syndi gear, not realising that it was dangerous (to me) and the went off on a space journey. The ship exploded horribly.

The second was safer and useful, and fun. The cloaker worked, and took up most of the ship's power. The laser worked with what seemed like no recharge rate. Infinite lasers. Wormholes worked well.

In the 'Ship' tab, there was a typo, access is acess.

I felt so powerful when I got the hang of it, almost too much.