Goonstation Forums
cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally (/showthread.php?tid=221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Klayboxx - 12-18-2012

Humblebee why do you hang around the goonstation when people collectively don't like you?

Anyway Cogwerk, this map is looking great. It's really big and complex looking which is really awesome IMO. Makes lots of good little hiding spots. I've always wanted lots of maint. tunnels with little rooms in them so I can be more creative with my traitor kills.

Neato~

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - AdenAbrafOfTheO - 12-18-2012

Klayboxx you were like that several months ago, let's all be friends.

Cogs when do you believe this will be put in?

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 12-18-2012

I'd guess a month or two? p.s. I'm currently expanding the kitchen a bit so it can accomodate two ovens etc.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 12-18-2012

Do two ovens mean two Chefs? If so, will one always be swedish and the other always have a normal accent so they can fight for kitchen supremacy?

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 12-18-2012

The current map has two ovens and people seem to like that.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - enforcer9 - 12-18-2012

Cogwerks Wrote:The current map has two ovens and people seem to like that.
Honestly, I'd love 2 chef positions. One starts with chef uniform/hat, the other starts with sou chef stuff.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Anticheese - 12-18-2012

I don't like the idea of two chef positions through the job selection mechanic, but being able to give any interested assistant a sous chef uniform is pretty great.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Anticheese - 12-18-2012

It'd also be pretty great if for jobs like the chef where you can quite easily have an assistant, the chef (or whoever) can just swipe the assistants ID to give them access.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Furbeh - 12-18-2012

Anticheese Wrote:It'd also be pretty great if for jobs like the chef where you can quite easily have an assistant, the chef (or whoever) can just swipe the assistants ID to give them access.
YES YES YES YES YES YES.
Now I can steal the captain's ID and scan my assistant ID and give him back his ID without getting in trouble.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 12-19-2012

Insomniac work in-progress: podbays for my map. Vehicle pods exist already and have some pretty cool features like modular engines, life support, weapons and other components. Sadly, IShallRiseAgain disappeared in the middle of that project. COME BACK ISRA!! On the rare occasions that these pods get spawned by an admin in game, people have fun flying around. Some can hold a pilot and a passenger, last night I spawned a cargo pod at escape and watched as two players went on an adventure together using it to explore some derelicts.

The 32x32 vehicle pods look kinda goofy and entirely out of place, so I made a new set of 64x64 pods based off of textures from the arrivals and cargo shuttles.

[Image: QRNeu.png]

[Image: 68lK2.png]

[Image: my5WI.png] [Image: 0ROKM.png]

[Image: qvNLz.png] [Image: otU6H.png]

[Image: bqjjz.png] [Image: TqWKf.png]

[Image: npyCO.png] [Image: aKZjy.png]

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Sundance - 12-19-2012

Cogwerks Wrote:Vehicle pods
HNNG
This is excellent.
I'll try my hand at spriting a red russian syndicate one with a big fuck off cannon on the back for blowing holes in the station.
Maybe a mining pod that can store ore with drill on the front? That would make mining a group effort with all the miners crowding around the pod dumping their ores in (and also less concussive charges = less lag)
..martian pods..
Completely off topic and perhaps ridiculously ambitious, but how hard would it be to code a martian battleship? Size wise it would be 8x8 or maybe bigger, when moving it becomes opaque storing the players inside, but when stationary such as when players are docking, it becomes transparent as in you can see the floor tiles and players are free to move around the ship? This could add a whole new dimension to things, I'd be totally willing to sprite the ship.

Fuck it, give me a week or so and I'll see if I can sprite all of this.

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Cogwerks - 12-19-2012

Sundance Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:Vehicle pods
HNNG
This is excellent.
I'll try my hand at spriting a red russian syndicate one with a big fuck off cannon on the back for blowing holes in the station.
Maybe a mining pod that can store ore with drill on the front? That would make mining a group effort with all the miners crowding around the pod dumping their ores in (and also less concussive charges = less lag)
..martian pods..
Completely off topic and perhaps ridiculously ambitious, but how hard would it be to code a martian battleship? Size wise it would be 8x8 or maybe bigger, when moving it becomes opaque storing the players inside, but when stationary such as when players are docking, it becomes transparent as in you can see the floor tiles and players are free to move around the ship? This could add a whole new dimension to things, I'd be totally willing to sprite the ship.

Fuck it, give me a week or so and I'll see if I can sprite all of this.

I've got a syndicate version in progress already, pretty much just a red window and some appropriate lights and doodads. Fun fact, there's an experimental shuttle cannon that fires RPG rockets already in the code. (hopefully I'm not ruining anyone's surprise, i dunno who made it)

A martian craft at singularity size (160x160) would be pretty feasible I think. Here, lemme give you my own older 32x32 UFO sprite:

[Image: jmS8V.gif]

And my martian tileset if you want to steal some colors:

http://imgur.com/a/5CLa6

For human crafts though, I think overlays that fit on front would be the best way to handle stuff like mining drills. Keep the same basic ship, add components to it to customize it. This feature mostly exists already.
The way I see it working with this thing is to have a couple of hardpoints for add-on equipment and just sprite them as overlays.

warning uggo mspaint incoming

[Image: ITZ1t.png]

(shitty cluwne version: humblebee)

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Aphtonites - 12-19-2012

Our team of Guardbuddies, cyborgs, floorbots and digbots have been working their butts off on the new station today.
[Image: FV0RH.png]

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Azungar - 12-19-2012

Aphtonites Wrote:-awesome new station-
[Image: FV0RH.png]
Whats wrong with the picture? Why does everything look so much better? I swear to god that floor has more pixels then 32x32!

Re: cogmap // v0.93 - current code update - Archenteron - 12-19-2012

FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Do two ovens mean two Chefs? If so, will one always be swedish and the other always have a normal accent so they can fight for kitchen supremacy?

The other one must be French.