Goonstation Forums
mentor application: johannhawk - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Server Appeals (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Denied Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: mentor application: johannhawk (/showthread.php?tid=214)

Pages: 1 2

mentor application: johannhawk - johannhawk - 11-17-2012

Usual character name: Leo smith

BYOND username: johannhawk

Times available: i log on when im bored or in my spare time and during weekends

Reason for application + game experience (300 words minimum): i want to be an mentor since this station with new players coming in weekly is mostly filled with dead bodies have no knowledge to do combat like disarming and things like that so thats why im going to be an mentor to save (some of) the new players from quiting the game and increasing the chanse of the gibbed servers and the game itself to be abandoned and extinction and there is no insurance when they are knocked out but im here to help them to not be screwed or anything in the first place everyone not experienced are done for if the admins push the button of death or traitors release the singularity then they need desperate help most of the crew dead and no players to help the new ones so im being an mentor so i can help them if im dead or not

im been playing this game for 10-11 months and remember the most vital things needed to play
this game. Knowledge to do things in DWAINE terminals that ingame books wont tell you.
knows 2 semi-secret chef recipieces. can do mostly anything in chemistry except not burning myself.
i check the wiki often and can adapt new things fast. has played all jobs before. as an traitor i can do stuff without being suspected as an traitor even when spotted (but still the possibility to be brigged) and pick my plans wisely. as an changeling i can lure guys with verbs or other things and suck up their dna unless they call security to check me. as an syndicate...i suck im being honest. as an vampire i try to get better IDs non ilegally and use them to my advantage. i scan my enviroment for anything i could use and remember where the important gear is. memorized the stations locations. ability to jump past singularity at least without being gibbed.
can make pipebombs and molotovs. knowledge to get into places some borgs cant reach. knowledge how to do my JOB properly.

your opinion or shrek (5 words minimum):i dont remember much but i can watch it again on dvd but i remember DONKeys thats all

previous bans : ive been banned for an day only cause i did not want to be a wizard since it was my first time being an wizard

this is an chance to be an mentor for the sake of ss13 new players

Re: mentor application: johannhawk - Dachshundofdoom - 11-17-2012

Holy shit, the whole beginning bit there was just one endless run-on sentence. And then I hit the randomly colored words, and the bit that was just all fragments about what you can do...

I've never seen you, you don't seem to know what a shift key is, and your application overall fills me with the exact opposite of confidence regarding your ability to explain things to people.

NO.

Re: mentor application: johannhawk - johannhawk - 11-17-2012

English is not my first language and i dont make threads often

Re: mentor application: johannhawk - Ines - 11-17-2012

johannhawk Wrote:English is not my first language and i dont make threads often

Well, you can at least use correct grammar. And seriously, what's with the colored words?

Re: mentor application: johannhawk - Winged_Chiller - 11-17-2012

I've seen this guy a few times and he seems to know what he's doing and in all honesty I don't think his inability to form a sentence perfectly matters, just as long as it's understandable, which it is. Quit with this grammar, spelling and structure bullshit.

That's a yes, but seriously those colours hurt.

Re: mentor application: johannhawk - johannhawk - 11-18-2012

Hokie Wrote:
johannhawk Wrote:English is not my first language and i dont make threads often

Well, you can at least use correct grammar. And seriously, what's with the colored words?

i just found those colors and i tought why not

Re: mentor application: johannhawk - Infinite Monkeys - 11-20-2012

Hi everyone please read READ BEFORE REPLYING, specifically the part which says:

Quote:Things not to post on someone else's application:

Judgements on the application text itself eg. "Your opinion of Shrek is bad so no".

That rule is there because we're perfectly capable of reading applications and judging them for ourselves, what we need input on is how good a player they are not whether they can write 300 words about spacemen.

Re: mentor application: johannhawk - johannhawk - 11-21-2012

im not sure if this is 300 words or more i dont want to count them all

Re: mentor application: johannhawk - Freshmaniscoolman - 11-21-2012

Yes from me, he's a really good player and he's helpful.

Re: mentor application: johannhawk - Sundance - 11-21-2012

I don't know about you guys, but this submission is hilarious
I love the colors.
I didn't even recognise this player until I actually looked at his usual name, and I have seen Leo smith around a few time and he's quite helpful. Nowhere near as retarded as he might seem in this submission.
Yes from me.

Re: mentor application: johannhawk - Katznelson - 11-21-2012

Spelling is horrible. Use spell check or earn something higher than a 70% in English class.

Re: mentor application: johannhawk - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 11-21-2012

I have seen Leo Smith for about a month and he seems pretty competent, I have not heard much about him but I think that is a pretty good thing so yes.

Re: mentor application: johannhawk - Ines - 11-21-2012

It's a definite no from me, in deadchat he was spamming, "clone me", in hopes that the braindead chaplain would hear him.

Re: mentor application: johannhawk - Sundance - 11-21-2012

Hokie Wrote:It's a definite no from me, in deadchat he was spamming, "clone me", in hopes that the braindead chaplain would hear him.

Is that honestly the only reason you would vote against him? For a misconception? For a while I also followed around the chaplain yelling at him to find my body until I was informed by an admin that the 1-5% chance of the chaplain hearing you was once a thing but not anymore.
What about his actual security record?

Re: mentor application: johannhawk - BlackPhoenix - 11-21-2012

Sundance Wrote:
Hokie Wrote:It's a definite no from me, in deadchat he was spamming, "clone me", in hopes that the braindead chaplain would hear him.

What about his actual security record?
This is for mentor, not for Head of Security, but I don't think that's a reason to deny him either. I seem to remember this guy being pretty competent.