Goonstation Forums
Water in Watermelons - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Water in Watermelons (/showthread.php?tid=20867)

Water in Watermelons - JulyJade - 03-14-2023

I'd like to see watermelons contain not only watermelon juice, but also water. Because, you know, water is in the name. Also, I want to be able to splice bananas and melons so they can blow up in people's faces when they eat them. Or splice them into other goofy shit so I can make other things explode, like adding it to stinging nettle to inject water and potassium right into people's bloodstreams. Seethers are super reliable as an antag botanist weapon, and so are raffleisas - but I'd like to see some more covert stuff that goes undetected until you spontaneously combust.

RE: Water in Watermelons - TDHooligan - 03-14-2023

they used to do this and it was changed exactly so this wasn't as easy.

iirc there is a hyperaquicity gene for Lettuce that does this instead.

RE: Water in Watermelons - JulyJade - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 05:39 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: they used to do this and it was changed exactly so this wasn't as easy.

I didn't know this was a thing! Thanks for letting me know

RE: Water in Watermelons - RelentlessGarbage - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 05:39 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: they used to do this and it was changed exactly so this wasn't as easy.

Yes, lettuce has a hyperaquacity gene that adds water as a reagent, scaling with potency like any normal reagent, and it can be spliced into other plants as usual. This is how people make water + potassium tomatoes that can easily send people into critical and kill them with very limited counterplay - in fact, I saw someone doing this the other day. Seethers can become more powerful once their potency is high enough (if I am correct, having more than 100u of Welding Fuel ignited in a one tile space creates a moderate explosion, which you can get if the seethers are potent enough), but water + potassium tomatoes are infinitely more accessible and have much less collateral damage, being far less likely to harm the thrower by virtue of not creating a massive fireball. Were this combo used more often, then I'm pretty sure that potassium + water explosions would be nerfed.

On a more positive note, this gene can be used for various other more constructive things, like making plants that contain space cleaner or Saline-Glucose solution, as being crucial for a splice that produces space drugs. So it's not all bad.

RE: Water in Watermelons - Vocalpocal - 03-16-2023

I think they removed it for banana + melon = wooga wooga boom haha funny joke. It is still very easy to make potassium tomatoes and it hardly added more than 3-5 minutes to the general workflow.