Goonstation Forums
Autobanner jank - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Autobanner jank (/showthread.php?tid=20684)

Autobanner jank - Mikhaelman - 02-10-2023

hi i have been hit by autobanner like 3 different times for 3 random accounts and idk why i dont use a vpn just a hotspot does that effect it ? it also does it randomly ill get off for the night and hop back on and it will say im banned does it also do it if youre playong other games or have a mod menu for a different game or something?

RE: Autobanner jank - Lord_earthfire - 02-10-2023

Uhm... 3 different accounts? Isn't multiaccounting explicitely against the server rules?

Quote:Don't use multiple accounts. This means if you get killed in a round, you shouldn't login to a new account and rejoin the same server and start playing again. This also means that throughout your time here on Goon, you should stick to a single BYOND account. If you want to switch accounts for whatever reason, please let an admin know. You are not obligated to disclose your reason(s) for switching accounts, but you are required to share your old ckey (account name) and your new ckey. This also allows us transfer your medals and spacebux. If there are other people in your household playing or otherwise sharing an IP address for some reason, please ahelp to let us know (you only have to do this once, not every time you play). All we'll ask is that you not communicate with each other out-of-game about what's happening in the game.

RE: Autobanner jank - saccharineChampion - 02-10-2023

I could be wrong but I am fairly sure they are saying it's banned them three times, each time saying it's a ban for another account.

While I don't know the specifics of whatever hotspot stuff you are using, that may be the culprit, since some generate new random IP addresses each time they are started.

RE: Autobanner jank - Mikhaelman - 02-12-2023

(02-10-2023, 07:54 AM)saccharineChampion Wrote: I could be wrong but I am fairly sure they are saying it's banned them three times, each time saying it's a ban for another account.

While I don't know the specifics of whatever hotspot stuff you are using, that may be the culprit, since some generate new random IP addresses each time they are started.

yeah its bans from 3 different accounts and its from a phone hotspot from some weirdo carrier so i guess that might be it

RE: Autobanner jank - Silent Majority - 02-12-2023

I got hit dozens. It wax my old computers ID internally

RE: Autobanner jank - Kotlol - 02-12-2023

Since the OP is being vague.. I am going to ask some questions to know what's going on.

A: Have you connected to Goonstation before?
B: Who did you play as?
C: How much rounds did you play?
D: How did you connect before to Goonstation?
E: What changed between connecting to Goonstation and now?

This will help us find the cause of it all. Just saying: "I am autobanned, please help me" Doesn't help us find the root of the problem.
Also you say your phone hotspot is to blame... now I don't suggest giving IP addresses out at all. But if you need admin help. Try on discord, they might be able to figure out whats going on.

RE: Autobanner jank - Mikhaelman - 02-12-2023

(02-12-2023, 12:05 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Since the OP is being vague.. I am going to ask some questions to know what's going on.

A: Have you connected to Goonstation before?
B: Who did you play as?
C: How much rounds did you play?
D: How did you connect before to Goonstation?
E: What changed between connecting to Goonstation and now?

This will help us find the cause of it all. Just saying: "I am autobanned, please help me" Doesn't help us find the root of the problem.
Also you say your phone hotspot is to blame... now I don't suggest giving IP addresses out at all. But if you need admin help. Try on discord, they might be able to figure out whats going on.

yeah ive connected to goon a bunch im ruben jenbens and the only thing that changed was my hotspot ive been using