Goonstation Forums
Let ghostdrones use vendors again - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Let ghostdrones use vendors again (/showthread.php?tid=20117)

Pages: 1 2

Let ghostdrones use vendors again - Mouse - 11-09-2022

See title.  How am I supposed to make mechcomp stuff if I can't vend any of the components?

RE: Let ghostdrones use vendors again - mralexs - 11-09-2022

Are ghostdrones even supposed to be doing mechcomp stuff? Seems like massive liability imho

RE: Let ghostdrones use vendors again - Kotlol - 11-09-2022

Remember why ghostdrones got nerfed into obilivion and then think of it.

THOUGH... maybe special compartment for ghostdrones to use at recharge stations to get parts for that stuff.

But I agree with mralexs....Ghostdrones are fully supportive, even more then cyborgs.

RE: Let ghostdrones use vendors again - Mouse - 11-09-2022

(11-09-2022, 10:44 AM)mralexs Wrote: Are ghostdrones even supposed to be doing mechcomp stuff? Seems like massive liability imho

No more a liability than anyone else doing it.

RE: Let ghostdrones use vendors again - babayetu83 - 11-09-2022

(11-09-2022, 11:30 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Remember why ghostdrones got nerfed into obilivion and then think of it.

THOUGH... maybe special compartment for ghostdrones to use at recharge stations to get parts for that stuff.

But I agree with mralexs....Ghostdrones are fully supportive, even more then cyborgs.

because bad actors ruin things and in addition to punishing bad actors, we the common player are punished indirectly by having fun things taken away

RE: Let ghostdrones use vendors again - Kotlol - 11-10-2022

(11-09-2022, 03:51 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 11:30 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Remember why ghostdrones got nerfed into obilivion and then think of it.

because bad actors ruin things and in addition to punishing bad actors, we the common player are punished indirectly by having fun things taken away

I was avoiding that, but yea. Ghostdrones were very usefull but were nerfed cause of grieving and salty players.

Explainition:
I mean the reason the CE and command can still use things like the Material Constructor (forgot name of time of post)
Ghostdrones had the same but was taken away, because suddenly a group of ghostdrones can start disessembling the station and go into bolted doors being a complete menance.
Suddenly a tool wich only the CE and Command can get and wich mostly are only 1 or 2 on the map of.. is in the hands of anyone who's dead and wants the round to reset? 

Though I do think ghostdrones should have a few more tools like cleaning.

Simply put, if a griever comes in as a player charater. They are easily delt with since you can "remove them" from the game if needed.
Ghostdrones on the other hand can be anyone "dead" (or spectating) and going to become a ghostdrone. Let alone if you kill a ghost drone as a player they just que back up and will be back in 30 seconds.
And with VPN's and alt acounts easily made... you can see if someone is being a lil shit doing this over and over again is a problem even if you have admins on guard.
It just becomes an annoying game of whack-a-mole.

RE: Let ghostdrones use vendors again - zjdtmkhzt - 11-10-2022

Why would you possibly be using mechcomp as a ghostdrone?

RE: Let ghostdrones use vendors again - Azrun - 11-10-2022

Law 1: Do not hinder the freedom or actions of the living and other silicons or attempt to intervene in their affairs.

space bear

RE: Let ghostdrones use vendors again - Mouse - 11-11-2022

(11-10-2022, 09:23 AM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: Why would you possibly be using mechcomp as a ghostdrone?

How else am I supposed to make a machine that launches tomatoes at genetics with the press of a button?

RE: Let ghostdrones use vendors again - Kotlol - 11-11-2022

(11-11-2022, 05:15 AM)Mouse Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 09:23 AM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: Why would you possibly be using mechcomp as a ghostdrone?

How else am I supposed to make a machine that launches tomatoes at genetics with the press of a button?

And with that.. we have come full circle of: "Now we don't have to discuss it anymore"

RE: Let ghostdrones use vendors again - Technature - 11-11-2022

Yes, I too would like the ability to release every single monkey on the station.

RE: Let ghostdrones use vendors again - Mouse - 11-13-2022

(11-11-2022, 12:50 PM)Technature Wrote: Yes, I too would like the ability to release every single monkey on the station.

Valuchimps are ID-locked now.

RE: Let ghostdrones use vendors again - Cal - 11-13-2022

I have no interest in allowing this

RE: Let ghostdrones use vendors again - MarkNstein - 11-13-2022

Compromise:
Inspired by there being a ghost greenhouse for practicing / competing in gardening; a ghost engineering area to practice / compete MechComp and maybe power-generation stuff.
Vendors with reduced or changed catalogs as to not let (any) radio signals reach the station, etc.

RE: Let ghostdrones use vendors again - Kotlol - 11-13-2022

(11-13-2022, 12:02 PM)MarkNstein Wrote: Compromise:
Inspired by there being a ghost greenhouse for practicing / competing in gardening; a ghost engineering area to practice / compete MechComp and maybe power-generation stuff.
Vendors with reduced or changed catalogs as to not let (any) radio signals reach the station, etc.

SIR YOU ARE A GENIUS!