Goonstation Forums
Sprite Request: Item Limbs - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Sprite Request: Item Limbs (/showthread.php?tid=2005)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Sprite Request: Item Limbs - Infinite Monkeys - 12-31-2013

Most items can now be made to work as arms pretty easily, all I need are sprites. If you think an item would be useful/funny to attach as an arm, make a sprite! Restrictions:

No guns at the moment, they will take a fair bit of work to implement.

Nothing with effects other than those caused by left clicking on other things - so no oxygen tanks for example, as they have a menu opened by clicking them in your hand which won't work as an arm. Items which need to be activated like saws (obviously) and eswords are fine, though.

Try to make them roughly fit the position and size of normal arms. If you want them to hold items (like if you made plunger arms or something) they need to cover all the pixels that regular hands do!

Reference Sprites

EDIT: PLEASE TRY AND ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE LIKE SPRITES. THANKS.

Re: Sprite Request: Item Limbs - Captain_Bravo - 12-31-2013

Gentlemen, we can make him stronger. Faster. Able to roll out pizzas and clobber traitors with equal ease. I give you the six-million-credit man, codename: ROLLOCOP

[Image: RolloCop_zps76cdf6e6.png]

Re: Sprite Request: Item Limbs - Infinite Monkeys - 01-01-2014

It'd be easier if people uploaded sprites with just the arm rather than the whole human (like the cyborg arms in the reference file), and for both left and right arms. I also need a lying down sprite for each arm. I can probably fiddle about and make those sprites this time, but it will take a while so I'd rather not for every sprite submission.

Re: Sprite Request: Item Limbs - Captain_Bravo - 01-01-2014

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that's how you wanted it done. Let me take care of that.

Re: Sprite Request: Item Limbs - Captain_Bravo - 01-02-2014

Ok, so I think this is the way you needed it, but I'm not too familiar with dream maker, so I might have fucked some things up. I don't know how to compound the four facings into one file, and I also think it cut off part of the left-facing "lying down" sprite, but hopefully this is at least closer to what you needed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zs4bipxnruksm ... 20Arms.dmi

Re: Sprite Request: Item Limbs - Infinite Monkeys - 01-02-2014

Yeah the lying left arm sprite is wonky for chainsaw arms too, ideally the arms would all go straight down rather than diagonally down and outwards.

Re: Sprite Request: Item Limbs - Sundance - 01-12-2014

Doing some of these, but I'm devoid of idea's.
E-sword arms, plunger (lol) arms, stun baton arms.. These come to mind but nothing else.. Anyone who can't sprite for shit have any requests?
Perhaps a leg arm? A cruel punishment/shitty option for surgeons..

Re: Sprite Request: Item Limbs - Kaet - 01-12-2014

If you can get the same code to work for legs, then heres some plungerpeglegs.
[Image: lSDExpR.png]
[Image: C9byxok.png]
Could make a little clack sound when walking.

Re: Sprite Request: Item Limbs - Oddball - 01-12-2014

Sundance Wrote:Doing some of these, but I'm devoid of idea's.
E-sword arms, plunger (lol) arms, stun baton arms.. These come to mind but nothing else.. Anyone who can't sprite for shit have any requests?
Perhaps a leg arm? A cruel punishment/shitty option for surgeons..

leg arms would be hilarious. a few ideas/requests for you:

crowbarms
flamethrower arms(?)
saxaphone arms

thats all i've got. it's kind of hard i guess because you need them to be roughly arm length and shaped so they don't look dumb as shit.

Re: Sprite Request: Item Limbs - Oddball - 01-12-2014

Oddball Wrote:flamethrower arms(?)

whoops forgot about the no guns stuff, my bad. forget this one.

Re: Sprite Request: Item Limbs - Kubius - 05-05-2014

I sprited light tube arms.

[Image: light%20tube%20preview.png?dl=1]
(armor pictured is an HEV suit I sprited, I have the full sprite w/ directions if you want it.)

ZIP file has left and right arm directionals including laying down.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/370 ... s.zip?dl=1

Re: Sprite Request: Item Limbs - atomic1fire - 05-06-2014

If we could have borgs with light tube arms, that would be funny.

Seriously you could have someone become a walking light source.

Re: Sprite Request: Item Limbs - KikiMofo - 05-07-2014

atomic1fire Wrote:If we could have borgs with light tube arms, that would be funny.

Seriously you could have someone become a walking light source.
I think the light tube arms should work as light. Kinda like putting a light bulb into a potato but the potato is some grey suit who is scared of the dark. Also smacking people with them on harm should make them break just for fun.

Re: Sprite Request: Item Limbs - MollyMillions - 06-10-2014

[Image: KEu17Ud.gif]
[Image: tkUOA6T.gif]
[Image: QwW8wXW.gif]

please

Re: Sprite Request: Item Limbs - Weavel - 06-10-2014

MollyMillions Wrote:[Image: KEu17Ud.gif]
[Image: tkUOA6T.gif]
[Image: QwW8wXW.gif]

please

needs butt legs