Goonstation Forums
Mentor Application (Caleb Black/Sockssq) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Server Appeals (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Denied Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Mentor Application (Caleb Black/Sockssq) (/showthread.php?tid=20012)

Mentor Application (Caleb Black/Sockssq) - Sockssq - 10-24-2022

Usual character name: Caleb Black, Ruby Owens, Socks Wilson
BYOND username: Sockssq
Discord username (if you are on our discord): socks#4951
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 3 and 4

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): I started playing space station 13 around November 20th last year; I began on /tg/ for my first round as a deaf person. Since /tg/ wasn't exactly my style, I went to Goonstation 1 and saw how chaotic it was two seconds in as a waiter for the bartender and chef. Saw how this wasn't a "roleplay" server and switched to Goonstation 3, Morty. At the time, I was very clueless and had no clue what I was doing, so I activated all roles that I could that didn't sound complicated, and I ended up as a cyborg. In that round, the medical director taught me everything to know about medical basics, which was the start of my hyper fixation and love for this game.

A few months later, I tried out as a mentor- a pretty good application, but I didn't have enough words. You ask why not after the period ended to try again. Well, I thought I wasn't ready after forgetting to check how many words I had. The second job I fell in love with was science, and I was terribly confused at first, but I soon became a master at the artifact lab and chemistry. I am still completely confused by Telescience today, but when the Research Director takes me on adventures, I am not complaining about dying to a monster cause it is hilarious. I could easily teach anything in science, even from looking at the wiki, since I understand the basics. I have prepared a few people as Socks Wilson, and they understood the subject quite well.

There are some jobs I am not the best at, like engineering, but I have still taught people the basics of getting the engine running, and in the mechanics' lab, I can make an okay portal hub. I love trying to learn new things and how to become better at specific antagonists; I am looking at your changelings and how to roleplay better as the roleplay antagonists. I've helped a PERSON ON THEIR FIRST ROUND understand how to be apart of the system of a changeling and help them out on basic understanding of helping an antagonist. Another role that I have the basic grip of and could teach someone in is Security. Of course since I don't play security a lot I make tons of mistakes, like putting the timer on the wrong cell, but I feel pretty confident in my ability in security. Such as civilian roles I have mastered as I have taught many of my friends how to play janitor and how to cook as a chef and helped them along and let them LOOC me if they had any questions about it. I also have decent abilities in botany and know how to mutate crops (thank you wiki) and how to keep them healthy as well. 

That is my experience in the game, and I feel like have a basic understanding of everything and could teach anyone the basics in a role before sending them off, and watch them make mistakes like I have done before. but the main reason why I want to do this is that I want to help people understand the basic concept of the game and roles just like the medical director, chief engineer, research director and all of the head of staff have done for me. I want to achieve that serotonin that you get when you help someone like I did before in game. Just watching people strive, even if they take off way higher then I will ever be. Even though I am still learning about the game and what I can do with my imagination, I believe in my ability to explain the essential things, and a few roles to new people like I once was.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I have had plenty of warnings in the past and a few in the present as I make mistakes sometimes, but have gotten banned before on ss13.

RE: Mentor Application (Caleb Black/Sockssq) - Katzen - 12-28-2022

We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!