Goonstation Forums
Mentor App: BadShot/Lydia Aivoras (Attempt dos) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Server Appeals (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Denied Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Mentor App: BadShot/Lydia Aivoras (Attempt dos) (/showthread.php?tid=19595)

Mentor App: BadShot/Lydia Aivoras (Attempt dos) - BadShot - 08-26-2022

Aight here we go again

Usual character name: Lydia Aivoras (though I also play Luna Nomens, Chimpsky, L.U.N.A, and a couple of others)
BYOND username: BadShot
Discord username (if you are on our discord):
BadShot
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: RP3: Morty, RP4: Sylvester

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): As last time I'm applying because I simply just enjoy helping others, whether it's teaching them how to use their hands to how to do surgery to the more obscure and secret content Goon has to offer, my knowledge of the mechanics are in my opinion broad as I've explored much of what this particular version of SS13 has to offer and while I don't know everything, I strive to learn more as I go.

Again my knowledge of the mechanics is broad as this time around I have experience in all departments and have played all standard roles (except Clown, HoS, and Chaplain). I'll segment this a bit with the character I typically play the department as.

Civilian (Lydia Aivoras)
Save for the Local Prankster and Religion Man I have experience and general knowledge of all civilian roles, primarily janitor, and know at least their base mechanics, and even though I have played Chaplain exactly once I still know how they function and the various antag immunities they possess. I can cook and mix drinks fairly well with Chef and Bartender, grow, nurture, and splice plants and omega weed with Botanist, mass raise tiercels with Rancher (I keep them away from everyone), keep myself entertained and help out with Staff Assistant, feed off the pain of my coworkers by giving them paperwork as HoP, and clean Donut 3's maintenance tunnels with Janitor. Overall, possibly my most experienced department due to the ease and civvie jobs are just fun.

Medical/Research (Luna Nomens, Nurse Chimpsky)
Combined cause Research is literally 2 jobs, I have a fair amount of experience with the PhD roles. My most played among them likely Roboticist and Medical Doctor, I have played and mostly understand all of them from Genenerd to Research Director. I can (attempt to) save critical patients, produce life-saving (or taking) chems, find, research, and splice genes, know how to get to almost every A-Zone and how to complete a few of them, make bombs capable of mass murder, build robot armies, and while I haven't done so in a while, research and activate the various possibly dangerous artifacts. Overall, a fun department when I want a little chaos, and one of my favorites.

Engineering (Barry Ectobius)
Originally my least experienced department, I dug in my heels and learned the inner workings of the Engineering role, and honestly, I was surprised by how both easy to learn, and hard to master it is. I know how to mine and turn a profit as QM, and while I admittedly have lots to learn with Mechanic and mechcomp and packets, I have learned to operate every engine currently in rotation, and while I can't make a TEG that'll burn the station alive, I can get a decent burn going.

Security (Benson Bones)
While I'm far from the best officer on the beat, I do my best to keep the peace and handle antags whether I'm a normal officer, an assistant, or a detective (and say bone puns when the time is right). Arguably my least experienced department, but mostly cause Sec is less about mechanics and more about how to handle various situations.

Silicons (L.U.N.A)
Ah borgs, everyone's favorite metal friends. Cyborgs are fun to play but can be odd at first, I'd like to say I make a good borg, I know how to work around their limitations and help my carbon-based pals do their jobs, while I don't have too much experience in handling laws (besides the standard) this is mostly cause I rarely get new laws when I play borgs or AI. As for AI, I still have tricks to learn but know a few and know the many things AI is capable of, from their (almost) station-wide vision, their ability to summon Securitrons, access to any terminal, and spying on coworkers via intercoms.

I do believe that is all, I hope you'll think I'll make a good mentor, and if you do I would greatly appreciate any support, as well as any feedback or criticisms.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None

RE: Mentor App: BadShot/Lydia Aivoras (Attempt dos) - LuciliusMothboy - 12-23-2022

Okay! Not sure if this feedback will be the BEST but I think I should at least say something!

BadShot is very friendly on the Discord! I don't know if I've seen them in game much, but I know they've been playing longer than I have. I think they have a very approachable and kind demeanor that could make for a good mentor.

RE: Mentor App: BadShot/Lydia Aivoras (Attempt dos) - Katzen - 12-28-2022

We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!