Goonstation Forums
Paul Miller HoS App - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Server Appeals (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Denied Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Paul Miller HoS App (/showthread.php?tid=19363)

Paul Miller HoS App - patfur - 07-30-2022

Usual character name:  Paul Miller
BYOND username: Patfur
Discord username (if you are on our discord):

Recommended by (if applicable): I have asked a lot of people "Would I be a good HoS" and almost all of them said yes, they didn't recommend me to write it but they gave me the motivation to do so.

Goon servers you play: Goon 2 Classic: Bombini

Reason for application: The entire station on goon 2 often gets wiped out by antagonists easily because of the lack of security or cooperation between the security team. If there was an HoS present on goon 2 (which I didn't see in a long time), I think that more people would be interested in joining the security team, and as the HoS I could coordinate the officers to plan attacks on the more dangerous antagonists. Sleeping bee

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I started playing security about three months after my first shift, I quit very often due to being unrobust and incompetent. However I kept coming back as I became more robust and more familiar with the game, and with time I started doing better, I arrested correctly more often, and My demise became unusual. When I got good at sec, I began thinking of ideas that could make my life and my teammates' lives easier. I decided to be more talkative with the crewmembers and my team, did forensics more often, and began to gear myself up more accurately. I always found the shifts with a big security team better, since they were calmer and it is fun to talk with other people, it also is great because you know you will be able to plan attacks in dangerous situations like when there is a shambling abomination killing everyone on the station, I learned that with a team these monsters are easily defeated. Goon 2 often gets 1 officer per shift however it has recently gotten up to 3 or 2, On the shifts where I am alone I have to be more on guard to not get killed permanently by the dangerous antagonists. When I play alone as security, I often carry a calomel auto-injector because, in the case that I get stung by a changeling I can use it to save myself, you usually will get knocked out before you can take some action against it. I often think of more smart ideas like the auto-injector and recently I thought of an idea where if an officer enters crit a securitron is automatically sent to them, this idea requires a very good understanding of packets which I still don't have, I think that I am getting close to doing it, I don't know if it is even possible, but I hope that I could at least upgrade the securitron app to send securitrons to a location without me being there. Boogiebot

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
  1. Always Carry a Calomel auto-injector or something similar that purges your bloodstream from chemicals, it could help you when you get poisoned, stung by a changeling, or stabbed with a sleepy pen.
  2. I don't recommend listening to intense music, instead, listen to something calm, when I started playing security, intense music made me overconfident which often lead to my quick death.
  3. You should try to learn the basics of every department as this could help you differentiate between crime and regular work.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
  1. A small medbay in the brig to heal the prisoners in critical condition or the security force itself. This idea may be a bad addition to small maps like atlas, but on maps where medbay is very far away, a room with a nanomed dispenser, a defibrillator, and a bunch of other medical supplies could help ease the process of arresting someone.
  2. Or maybe the opposite of the last point, a small security booth in medbay, a lot of the maps I play on don't have that, which often leads to chaos and death in the medbay. Oshan has a security booth near medbay and I tend to use it more than the other booths because it's in a good location.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
  1.  When I play alone I often tend to be more careful, as no one is there to help me in difficult situations, I am forced to ignore the small crimes and focus on the big offenses.
  2. As a member of a big security team, I often talk with the other officers and try to engage teamwork with the entire security team, this makes all of us closer to each other and helps us last through the entire shift.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

I sadly can't write poems, and I'm just starting to draw, so nothing from these categories.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
A special security doctor/chemist who would aid the wounded members of the security force, synthesize combat drugs and give robotic augmentations to the security team. He could go with security on difficult missions to stabilize them, and keep them going during the battle.

Previous bans:
All of my bans happened when I was new to ss13, I didn't read the rulesand did a lot of weird stuff.
  • I depressurized most of the hallways by breaking down the walls.
  • I spaced someone as a dare, and shortly after that, I got banned.
  • After failing at toxins I called myself the r-word even after receiving multiple warnings from the admins.

This application probably won't receive a lot of feedback since I only play on goon 2 (where there is almost no one with a forums account), but it's still worth trying. bee

RE: Paul Miller HoS App - Taxer - 07-31-2022

honestly it's a good idea

RE: Paul Miller HoS App - LuciaCaine - 07-31-2022

Honestly, I've really liked working with him on all my sec shifts. He knows how to handle his job as a secoff and keep things fun for the crew and the antagonists, and his cooperation and communication with his team is something I really like to see. I think he would be a great HoS as such an experienced sec player, so here's my +1

In addition, since I've just realized that I can't edit my posts, this fucker manages to be the voice of reason on the sec team every time someone wants to go off the rails, despite the fact that he may appear a bit goofy at first. One thing that I really like about him is that he doesn't take himself too seriously, but yet he still manages to make sure things are going smoothly and that he helps people out whenever possible. It's what makes him a fun secoff to be around, and another reason why he would be a perfect fit for the HoS role. (Goon2's HoS specifically.)

RE: Paul Miller HoS App - Limonene - 07-31-2022

Goon2 needs more security. Too many times the server has had little to no security staff and antagonists just ran rampant, murdering everyone. I haven't seen anyone play HoS on Goon2 in at least 30 shifts.

Paul Miller is my top pick for anyone to be HoS. He has the SecOff experience for HoS.

[Insert AI's stamp of approval here]

RE: Paul Miller HoS App - Ryguy - 07-31-2022

Yeah, paul is a fine enough sec officer and honestly plays sec better than some of the HoSes I see on goon 1, he's certainly a lot more patient with people then a lot of other sec officers and does most things by the book. Honestly surprised that he isn't approved for hos already.

RE: Paul Miller HoS App - JugularWhale - 08-02-2022

(07-30-2022, 09:14 AM)patfur Wrote: Usual character name:  Paul Miller
BYOND username: Patfur
Discord username (if you are on our discord):

Recommended by (if applicable): I have asked a lot of people "Would I be a good HoS" and almost all of them said yes, they didn't recommend me to write it but they gave me the motivation to do so.

Goon servers you play: Goon 2 Classic: Bombini

Reason for application: The entire station on goon 2 often gets wiped out by antagonists easily because of the lack of security or cooperation between the security team. If there was an HoS present on goon 2 (which I didn't see in a long time), I think that more people would be interested in joining the security team, and as the HoS I could coordinate the officers to plan attacks on the more dangerous antagonists. Sleeping bee

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I started playing security about three months after my first shift, I quit very often due to being unrobust and incompetent. However I kept coming back as I became more robust and more familiar with the game, and with time I started doing better, I arrested correctly more often, and My demise became unusual. When I got good at sec, I began thinking of ideas that could make my life and my teammates' lives easier. I decided to be more talkative with the crewmembers and my team, did forensics more often, and began to gear myself up more accurately. I always found the shifts with a big security team better, since they were calmer and it is fun to talk with other people, it also is great because you know you will be able to plan attacks in dangerous situations like when there is a shambling abomination killing everyone on the station, I learned that with a team these monsters are easily defeated. Goon 2 often gets 1 officer per shift however it has recently gotten up to 3 or 2, On the shifts where I am alone I have to be more on guard to not get killed permanently by the dangerous antagonists. When I play alone as security, I often carry a calomel auto-injector because, in the case that I get stung by a changeling I can use it to save myself, you usually will get knocked out before you can take some action against it. I often think of more smart ideas like the auto-injector and recently I thought of an idea where if an officer enters crit a securitron is automatically sent to them, this idea requires a very good understanding of packets which I still don't have, I think that I am getting close to doing it, I don't know if it is even possible, but I hope that I could at least upgrade the securitron app to send securitrons to a location without me being there. Boogiebot

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
  1. Always Carry a Calomel auto-injector or something similar that purges your bloodstream from chemicals, it could help you when you get poisoned, stung by a changeling, or stabbed with a sleepy pen.
  2. I don't recommend listening to intense music, instead, listen to something calm, when I started playing security, intense music made me overconfident which often lead to my quick death.
  3. You should try to learn the basics of every department as this could help you differentiate between crime and regular work.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
  1. A small medbay in the brig to heal the prisoners in critical condition or the security force itself. This idea may be a bad addition to small maps like atlas, but on maps where medbay is very far away, a room with a nanomed dispenser, a defibrillator, and a bunch of other medical supplies could help ease the process of arresting someone.
  2. Or maybe the opposite of the last point, a small security booth in medbay, a lot of the maps I play on don't have that, which often leads to chaos and death in the medbay. Oshan has a security booth near medbay and I tend to use it more than the other booths because it's in a good location.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
  1.  When I play alone I often tend to be more careful, as no one is there to help me in difficult situations, I am forced to ignore the small crimes and focus on the big offenses.
  2. As a member of a big security team, I often talk with the other officers and try to engage teamwork with the entire security team, this makes all of us closer to each other and helps us last through the entire shift.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

I sadly can't write poems, and I'm just starting to draw, so nothing from these categories.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
A special security doctor/chemist who would aid the wounded members of the security force, synthesize combat drugs and give robotic augmentations to the security team. He could go with security on difficult missions to stabilize them, and keep them going during the battle.

Previous bans:
All of my bans happened when I was new to ss13, I didn't read the rulesand did a lot of weird stuff.
  • I depressurized most of the hallways by breaking down the walls.
  • I spaced someone as a dare, and shortly after that, I got banned.
  • After failing at toxins I called myself the r-word even after receiving multiple warnings from the admins.

This application probably won't receive a lot of feedback since I only play on goon 2 (where there is almost no one with a forums account), but it's still worth trying. bee

Norm here. Ive played a load of games on goon 1 (300 or 400 hours) and have taken to playing goon 2 now. This guy plays sec really well and can call out antags from non antags a mile away. This guy also likes to goof and goon like every other player. Very respectable in a world of serious faceed H.O.S.s. Also... uh goon 2 has no HOS. Well it does but you never see them around. Give this guy a shot.

RE: Paul Miller HoS App - Reaper90202 - 08-03-2022

Competent officer when there’s trouble, fun when we have nothing to do. +1.00573

RE: Paul Miller HoS App - Redbacko - 08-06-2022

Aight, this is a hard one for me.
Paul, you will always be in my mind for the packed nerd you are.
Graytiding to the maximum.
And I hated you, doing tiding, while having a sec shift multiple times.
Being rather disrespectful to Sec.
I quote :"Ah, paul, messing with sec again?"

That being said.
The first times we were officering together was memorable.
Think there was a Yeti at chapel or smth and someone freed it and you took control.
Lost me limbs and it slaughtered a few guys.
Yet you were there to stop the crisis and also knew the follow-up.

Look, I've been absent the past month and have you seen officering about 3 times before that.
You sure take whatever you do very seriously, to the most detail.
Goon2 does not only need a HoS but more importantly, a regular Sec shift.

I give ya a +1 because you know your stuff ingame and you know how to voice yourself very well.
Also a -1 because due to past sec relationship and personally, I think a few more weeks as secoff does not hurt you at all, before taking the big hat.

RE: Paul Miller HoS App - patfur - 08-07-2022

You are correct, I used to graytide and be an annoyance to security, but I have changed, I no longer graytide. Recently I had a round where a scientist kept breaking into sec and causing chaos. Security couldn't focus on their usual goals and antagonists killed most of the crew. That's when I understood graytiding isn't fun for everyone and it's just annoying. 

PS I am not using packets that often now, and I think I am starting to become the chemicomplier nerd.

RE: Paul Miller HoS App - Tommy_211 - 08-15-2022

Paul is a fucking amazing sec off, letalone uses teamwork very effectively to cooperate with fellow officers, as well as being fun to play with in shifts.
rep+

RE: Paul Miller HoS App - Redbacko - 08-23-2022

Alright, so about that tiding. Per se there's nothing wrong with it, playing as staffass especially right. As it is part of the game.
To be blunt, I was a bit afraid that the behavior carried over to sec/hos.
Saw you a few more times and it was pretty much ideal security gaming. On top of coms, fair with antags and a neat person to be around in general.
Not to mention detaining the most robust person that round.
Professional Security and knows how to handle Bombini
Changing my neutral to +1.

May be time difference but still wanted to see you a wee bit more as sec.
PS: Nerding Chemcompiler is a myth. Only there for station props and to press fancy buttons without meaning.  space bear

RE: Paul Miller HoS App - patfur - 08-25-2022

Since you can't edit posts, I decided to make this comment
Because I realized that this post has my old character's name. I changed the last name only, so people still recognize me. I altered it because the old name was inappropriate and I got a ban because of that. I think I still may have a chance with my HOS application because I wasn't using the name with any bad intentions and I think the admins know that. I hope I didn't offend or make anyone uncomfortable.  bee

RE: Paul Miller HoS App - Caro - 09-05-2022

We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to general lack of feedback from the admin team. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!