Goonstation Forums
wearing heads - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: wearing heads (/showthread.php?tid=17754)

Pages: 1 2

wearing heads - doomino7 - 12-26-2021

if you decapitate and take out someones skull and brain you should be able to wear it and conceal your identity better than any mask
lets say i wear Amber Bees head it would say Amber bee as whatever id im using i think this would be a good idea and conceal your identity also it shouldnt say blanks head upon examining

RE: wearing heads - Cal - 12-26-2021

Too creepy

RE: wearing heads - Zonespace - 12-26-2021

All I can say about this idea is "Please don't".

RE: wearing heads - cyberTripping - 12-26-2021

Even besides how incredibly uncomfortable this idea is, it would be pretty busted for anyone to get like, nearly changeling-tier identity mimicking. Would be against this on multiple counts.

RE: wearing heads - Froggit_Dogget - 12-26-2021

its gross but i like it. +1

RE: wearing heads - Marc - 12-26-2021

This is hilarious and fits the ss13 meta, +1

to appease the roleplayers above, make it temporary so that after 1 minute it slides off their face onto the floor in blood splatter

RE: wearing heads - Zonespace - 12-26-2021

(12-26-2021, 01:46 PM)Marc Wrote: to appease the roleplayers above, make it temporary so that after 1 minute it slides off their face onto the floor in blood splatter
Ignoring the obvious snide remark at attributing not liking something to playing on RP, this kind of makes things worse?

RE: wearing heads - Marc - 12-26-2021

I guess you've never watched texas chainsaw massacre?

RE: wearing heads - zjdtmkhzt - 12-26-2021

I haven't, and I really don't have any plans to.
This wouldn't even make sense? Anyone could tell if you were wearing a bunch of meat and skin stretched over your head, like what

RE: wearing heads - Rilor - 12-26-2021

concept wise im neutral on the idea of wearing someones face, as for its exact execution it should be quite obvious, like when your using it to hide your identity you get some kind of stuff added before your name like "probably not jack lloyd" or several question marks added after your name "Jack Lloyd???"

RE: wearing heads - Mrprogamer96 - 12-26-2021

The only way I can see something like this working is by doing something like Mission Impossible where a traitor item can craft fake masks that just need a DNA sample, IE blood.
makes it so it can't just be done by anyone and makes gives traitors a discount Changeling power and even that has problems.

RE: wearing heads - Cal - 12-26-2021

only if its a precise thing a doctor has to do ala FACE/OFF

RE: wearing heads - Nidabutt - 12-27-2021

(12-26-2021, 05:05 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote: The only way I can see something like this working is by doing something like Mission Impossible where a traitor item can craft fake masks that just need a DNA sample, IE blood.
makes it so it can't just be done by anyone and makes gives traitors a discount Changeling power and even that has problems.

That's actually an interesting idea, making it a traitor item. You could balance it by taking damage has a chance to cause the mask to tear, permanently damaging it beyond use and breaking the disguise effect.

However, the concept of wearing faces is still kinda weird, so I'm not sure how to feel about it. Plus I'm pretty sure this topic has come up before and was declined for various reasons.

RE: wearing heads - Danger Noodle - 12-27-2021

I'd say a hi-tech mask that used holograms to change your appearance to that of another crewmember would be fine and a nice gameplay addition.

RE: wearing heads - KikiMofo - 12-27-2021

(12-26-2021, 05:06 PM)Cal Wrote: only if its a precise thing a doctor has to do ala FACE/OFF

I'd like to take his face....off.