Goonstation Forums
Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. (/showthread.php?tid=16830)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - unfunnyperson - 07-21-2021

Flashbangs by themselves by the fact that the grenade has time itself to explode and a prime noise allowing counter play by running away/ quickly putting on earmuffs. Riot launcher destroys the balance of flashbangs by removing what allows it to be countered turning it into a “I win” button with no counterplay other than having earmuffs on 24/7 which ruins the social aspect of ss13.

One solution could be simply reducing the power of flashbangs when fired from a riot launcher to do a fraction of the stun. This would still keep riot launcher flash bangs as a powerful too for dealing with groups but make it less powerful when in a direct fight.

RE: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - mralexs - 07-21-2021

Not everything needs to be perfect balanced and have direct counter play. Flashbangs are made to subdue/disorient an entire room so that officers encounter less lethal resistance.

RE: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - Technature - 07-21-2021

I swear to god, we have these nerf threads every week now.

RE: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - kyle2143 - 07-21-2021

The biggest problem with the riot launcher is that the grenades it shoots don't actually look like the individual grenades that are loaded in.

Well, I think so anyway, if that's not true, then idk.

RE: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - Ikea - 07-21-2021

A fair idea ive heard was move riot launchers to the armory.

RE: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - palpetinus - 07-22-2021

Maybe it's just me, but why can we put flashbangs (timed fuse) into riot launchers (impact fuse) anyway?

RE: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - Mouse - 07-22-2021

All grenades can be loaded into riot launchers.

RE: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - Rlocks - 07-22-2021

(07-21-2021, 07:23 PM)Technature Wrote: I swear to god, we have these nerf threads every week now.

Yeah, it seems like they are constant now. And it's getting tiring seeing people try to nerf everything to the ground.

RE: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - Jakson - 07-22-2021

(07-22-2021, 05:19 AM)Rlocks Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 07:23 PM)Technature Wrote: I swear to god, we have these nerf threads every week now.

Yeah, it seems like they are constant now. And it's getting tiring seeing people try to nerf everything to the ground.

Let’s go for maybe 1 or 2 weeks without nerfing a perfectly fine mechanic 

Fuck it, let’s buff some stuff instead

RE: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - Cal - 07-22-2021

Contribute please.

(07-22-2021, 05:19 AM)Rlocks Wrote: Yeah, it seems like they are constant now. And it's getting tiring seeing people try to nerf everything to the ground.

Wait, don't you no longer play? Very confused why you would make a comment like this.

(07-22-2021, 05:25 AM)Jakson Wrote: Fuck it, let’s buff some stuff instead

The forums are open to you to suggest whatever buffs you like.

Anyway, a simple solution to this would be to just put the riot launchers in the armory. It's annoying seeing Secasses grab the riot launcher and the flashbang box in lieu of having tools, every goddamn round on main and more than I would like (at all) on rp.

RE: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - Drewmajor11 - 07-22-2021

every day is more accurate.

although this one might be because I always use a riot launcher + flashbangs and was talking about it being a bit broken lol.

RE: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - Technature - 07-22-2021

(07-22-2021, 07:55 AM)Cal Wrote:

Contribute please.

Okay.

I think people need to actually play a little bit instead of immediately going "I don't like the thing, MAKE IT WORSE NOW!" constantly.  See if you can come up with a counter built in the game, or recommend something that could be a good counter, instead of making something worse against literally everything possible.

Is that better?  Or am I just full of shit again?

RE: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - TDHooligan - 07-22-2021

one of the key things holding them back from being exploited a lot is like how stun batons are - the awkwardice of obtaining one. perhaps that alone is enough to rationalize keeping them as they are. but if they're really hitting the powergamer meta then i think a second-long fuse on impact for the grenades could also work since flashbangs are our key offenders & are mostly deadly at point blank.

nade launchers are already good by virtue of being a point and click grenade with no risk of taking too long to throw it. i also think moving them to the armory seems a bit overkill since opening the armory opens the floodgates to taking laser rifles & shotguns.

(07-21-2021, 07:58 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: The biggest problem with the riot launcher is that the grenades it shoots don't actually look like the individual grenades that are loaded in.

i dunno, think most folk who see it coming would dodge a nade launcher regardless of the sprite. it is pretty subtle and the nades come out & splode pretty fast

(07-22-2021, 03:19 PM)Technature Wrote: Okay.

I think people need to actually play a little bit instead of immediately going "I don't like the thing, MAKE IT WORSE NOW!" constantly.  See if you can come up with a counter built in the game, or recommend something that could be a good counter, instead of making something worse against literally everything possible.

Is that better?  Or am I just full of shit again?

i mean. you're saying they 'should play a bit' as if they haven't. unfunny has nearly 1k rounds on record iirc. your argument here wasn't even about the launchers, it was 'get good and think of a counter' that you couldn't even think of yourself.

nerf threads are coming out because people are expressing they think something is unbalanced, the balance team can take these claims into account but they aren't necessarily going to be met with a nerf. whining at nerf threads solely because they are threads about nerfing something is *entirely* unproductive. if you really don't want nerfs, argue why the thing isn't overpowered, if you can't think of anything... maybe it is?

RE: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - Technature - 07-22-2021

90% of the nerf threads are from one person.

This isn't "Everyone thinks this is bad", this is "One person thinks everything is bad and we should treat it as the gospel".

Security has very few non-lethal options at their disposal. You want to encourage Officers to find weapons to shoot people to death instead of using the things that haven't been changed for years, then I'm gonna start having problems with what the so called solution is.

You want to go against someone stuffing flash bangs into riot launchers? Go in with sunglasses and Earmuffs.

Now kindly stop saying I don't know what I'm talking about.

RE: Remove or significantly change riot launcher and flashbangs. - Cal - 07-22-2021

(07-22-2021, 05:59 PM)Technature Wrote: 90% of the nerf threads are from one person.

[Image: hQnHtZd.png]

Literally only 2 names are repeated twice. What are you on about?

(07-22-2021, 05:59 PM)Technature Wrote: This isn't "Everyone thinks this is bad", this is "One person thinks everything is bad and we should treat it as the gospel".

Nobody is saying that. People are giving their points.

(07-22-2021, 05:59 PM)Technature Wrote: Security has very few non-lethal options at their disposal. 

...What? The tasers and batons, flashes and flashbangs are very few options..?? 

(07-22-2021, 05:59 PM)Technature Wrote: You want to go against someone stuffing flash bangs into riot launchers?  Go in with sunglasses and Earmuffs.
Sure. If you pre-prepare because someone might have a riot launcher, more power to you.