Goonstation Forums
HoS Application (GuiHppn/Aghata) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Server Appeals (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Approved Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: HoS Application (GuiHppn/Aghata) (/showthread.php?tid=16395)

HoS Application (GuiHppn/Aghata) - GuiHppn - 05-10-2021

Usual character name: Aghata Yeager
BYOND username: GuiHppn
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Hppn#9262
Recommended by (if applicable): Im pretty sure someone said i should totally apply but it was a while ago, so i cant find who. I guess if anyone do recommend me, they will reply
Goon servers you play: Both RP ones, usually the one that has more population. I never ever play the main ones.

Reason for application: (First thing, sorry if i spell anything weird, not my main language) Well, im a main sec player (when im not bartendering) and having a HoS is really a game changing factor. Its cool to have someone you can trust directing the sec crew while interacting with the station heads. I guess i have a fairly good judgement and always try to think about RP impacts and crew-fun impacts of my/sec crew actions. Also, i LOVE to teach new sec players, while punishing sec that overuse their power and just behave badly for no reason.

Security experience (300 word minimum): I've been interested in sec since i started playing, but was afraid of playing as one because it looked like too big of a responsability. And it kinda is. Eventually, joined the team and i just cant stop until im burnt and stressed out (and we all know rounds can be tough). Slowly, with the help of some pretty cool HoS and sec members, i learnt how to use power escalation, and how to answer to a call only using what we need to solve the problem. Some times, just storming in cargo and arresting them all seems effective but will do an horrible RP piece. Since im usually in a RP server of goom, its important to balance sec answer with RP escalation, and give antags some time so they can prepare their gimmicks and start some intrigue. My OC, Aghata, is pretty restrict to bad sec behavior and has arrested a good amount of bad coworkers, as power hunger captains and sec assistants with bad habits. Also, i have played as Acting HoS for once or twice, when our former HoS had to cryo or we really needed one to make the tough decisions. It was REALLY scary but was cool to be someone that people could come for aid. Anyway, im pretty sure i can get much better at it all, some sec rounds just overwhelms me, but im managing this and always advice for people to take breaks from sec sometimes. 

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? Talk. Talk a lot. Talk on radio, about where you're going and who is with you. Sometimes is better to know where a wanted crewmember is going but losing sight than a solo sec chasing them to some dark maint and getting killed. Also, try doing some desk work. Take notes, manage the brig, direct sec members to calls and try to organize your team, if it seems kinda lost. That way you can have one sec dealing with some chill stuff in botany while the other three go after the armed n dangerous spy that AI spotted. Also, close sec doors, log off from secmate, leave your disk, GET SCANNED and PLEASE label your pinpointer. I have rescued plenty of comrades/retrieved a lot of bodies to cloning using the pinpointer they left inside of sec. Also, stick to your gear. You have plenty of space in the sec pouches and belt, but doesn't mean you need to have it all occupied. Keep it clean and organized and you will not have a hard time managing slots in the middle of situations. At last, don't be afraid of just cryoing. It can and will get stressful, and makes no sense to play if you're not having fun.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) I LOVE hostage situations, and once i was a hostage myself. Even tho the rest of security didn't rescued me, i had some neat RP with a nice RPier and it was worth it. We both were sad and frustrated, but we had a good time and laught about it.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer: When im solo, i try to count on detective, captain and the AI, (even tho they may be antags, it could result in some cool RPs). I go around the hallways, have a sit in bar, stay a bit in sec desk. Since its usually more chill, i... chill. But when im working with a full team, ill be alternating between desk job tryng to organize the team and field duty, answering to calls and just patrolling randomly when things are calm. Sometimes i focus on rescues too, and spend a lot of time searching for lost crewmembers in trench/space. 
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? A: I NEED MORE HOSTAGE SITUATIONS FILLED WITH RP. Also, id love some slow paced disaster round as sec, where you can actually take people to safety and guarantee they get to shuttle (even tho it may cost my life oh how dramatic i love it)
  • Actually i drawn aghata with my total of zero art skills
  • [Image: x2L5laS] https://imgur.com/x2L5laS
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Banned for killing a clown in shuttle, when i started playing as sec. It was all solved i guess, and it teached me a lot about how not to behave.

RE: HoS Application (GuiHppn/Aghata) - Cal - 05-10-2021

You are always quite serious and responsive when you play Security. I know I can rely on you, and I'm in favor of you having HoS status.

RE: HoS Application (GuiHppn/Aghata) - Flourish - 05-10-2021

(I think I was the one who said you should apply! Or one of the ones at least!)

Gui is a helpful and reasonable security officer. I've seen them be very patient and understanding with crimers and other players in general, both in and outside of the game, and I'd trust them with the beret.

RE: HoS Application (GuiHppn/Aghata) - Slazenger - 05-11-2021

A fantastic officer and player through and through.  Through many shifts over the past eight(?) months, they've shown themselves to be fair, reasonable, and reliable.  Fun to RP with and makes rounds generally more fun.

+1

RE: HoS Application (GuiHppn/Aghata) - Mrprogamer96 - 05-11-2021

as someone who has played with you as a Antag, you are someone I like seeing on a sec team since you have a few of the key elements that I like seeing in a HOS,
mainly that you RP with your foes and don't just silently brig them or throw them out the airlock.
Also if you get whitelisted, I can't wait to attempt kidnapping a HOS.

+1

RE: HoS Application (GuiHppn/Aghata) - Mushroom - 05-11-2021

When I was observing a lot a month or so ago, Aghata was a key person I would spectate as their RP was always very well as Security and they would always make a strong effort to RP with crimes.

+1 from me

RE: HoS Application (GuiHppn/Aghata) - Retrino - 05-19-2021

aggie is a sweetheart and helpful sec off, +1

RE: HoS Application (GuiHppn/Aghata) - jan.antilles - 05-22-2021

YES! I remember being really impressed with Aghata's calm and thoughtful play when they were a brand-new secoff, and I'm so happy that they've only grown in confidence and experience since then. They would make a fantastic HoS and I'm so glad to see them apply!

+1 from me!