Goonstation Forums
Tonges - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Bad threads / terrible or unusable ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Thread: Tonges (/showthread.php?tid=1595)

Pages: 1 2

Tonges - Swagile - 09-07-2013

If you target the mouth and use the same method of de-limbing someone, you should be able to cut someones tongue out.

This will permanently silence them, or it will make them grumble.

Ex: Mr. Heinsenburger grumbles and moans.

This would be reserved for people who are incredibly annoying via radio or in person.

It can also (possibly?) remove a wizards ability to cast spells, because you can't cast a spell if you can't even say it, right?

This would also give more practical use to genetics telepathy besides a gimmick.

Might be abused, but de-limbing is abuseable as well and you usually get the crap kicked out of you for doing it anyway, so I don't see how this is much of a problem.

Re: Tonges - epicdwarf - 09-07-2013

Yes, because adding the ability to permintly mute someone in game is a PERFECT idea, and in no way can backfire or be overpowered. Really if we add this can we have robotic tongues in robotics? Maybe have people use crude items to replace tongues, like fish and gloves?

Re: Tonges - UrsulaMejor - 09-07-2013

epicdwarf Wrote:Yes, because adding the ability to permintly mute someone in game is a PERFECT idea, and in no way can backfire or be overpowered. Really if we add this can we have robotic tongues in robotics? Maybe have people use crude items to replace tongues, like fish and gloves?
We do have a way to permanently mute someone. Mute is a genetics mutation, and with injectors you can mute someone super quickly. Also, it's pretty much permanent.

Re: Tonges - Embolism - 09-08-2013

Genetics can be reversed with mutadone, which isn't difficult to make; so it's not quite the same thing.

But no, tongue removal is a bit too much. We already have weirdos who do delimbing torture on their victims.

Re: Tonges - Nitrous - 09-08-2013

epicdwarf Wrote:Yes, because adding the ability to permintly mute someone in game is a PERFECT idea, and in no way can backfire or be overpowered. Really if we add this can we have robotic tongues in robotics? Maybe have people use crude items to replace tongues, like fish and gloves?

Re: Tonges - Darth Various - 09-08-2013

I partially agree, but if you can slam someone down on a table and take out their tongue, you can already kill them. I'm more worried that assholes will be creepy about it.

(Please let us take out people's eyes and put in awesome cyborg eyes instead.)

Re: Tonges - Swagile - 09-08-2013

UrsulaMejor Wrote:

What if this was added to circumvent the issue?

Re: Tonges - Wydamn - 09-08-2013

Taking people out of chat completely is kind of a shitty thing to do. And there is already three different ways to mute people: genetics, drugs, and the muzzle. I don't see how this really adds anything to the game.

Unless there are some cool applications for augmented tongues or tongue related ailments, this just seems needlessly morbid and sadistic.

Re: Tonges - Spy_Guy - 09-08-2013

Wydamn Wrote:Unless there are some cool applications for augmented tongues or tongue related ailments, this just seems needlessly morbid and sadistic.

As a traitor it would sometimes be nice to turn annoying people into yodeling potatoes. If they don't like it they can always suicide (unless filled with perfluorodecalin?).
That being said, I'm not sure the idea has enough merit to warrant the effort that would go into making this a thing (but I wouldn't know the first thing about how much work that would be)?

Weirdo MacSyndie prods Scrub l'Assistant with Scrub l'Assistant's tongue! What the fuck!?
Scrub l'Assistant cries

Re: Tonges - LinkDaWolf - 09-08-2013

if anything cutting the tongue could just fuck up their talking like an accent does (a lisp or something maybe?)

Re: Tonges - ClockworkCupcake - 09-08-2013

This is gross and creepy and doesn't do anything that Genetics can't do already. No.

Re: Tonges - Embolism - 09-08-2013

ClockworkCupcake Wrote:This is gross and creepy

Exactly. People are already being creepy with amputations, we don't need more stuff like this when it doesn't do anything new.

Re: Tonges - babayetu83 - 09-09-2013

better idea

staple people's mouths shut with the limb stapler

less grotesque and creepy

Re: Tonges - atomic1fire - 09-09-2013

Why not just allow traitors to use duct tape on people's faces if they aim for the mouth.

Works exactly like a muzzle, and they can take hostages and it makes more sense and is less creepy then face stapling or tongue removal. Duct tape also doubles as handcuffs so that makes them ten times more useful when you find them in a surplus crate.

Re: Tonges - Sundance - 09-09-2013

atomic1fire Wrote:Why not just allow traitors to use duct tape on people's faces if they aim for the mouth.

Works exactly like a muzzle, and they can take hostages and it makes more sense and is less creepy then face stapling or tongue removal. Duct tape also doubles as handcuffs so that makes them ten times more useful when you find them in a surplus crate.

When someone asked me in mentorhelp what does duct tape do, I told them they work as handcuffs, and might work as a muzzle too. I was totally presuming, as in most action/thriller/horror flick when the duct tape is brought out, it's used to silence people.