Goonstation Forums
RP Antagonists. - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: RP Antagonists. (/showthread.php?tid=15802)

RP Antagonists. - Akride - 01-30-2021

I've played my fair share of sec now, and sometimes solo sec, as I am french, and my timeline doesn't have high population in the early hours of my sessions. I've been getting more and more annoyed at certain antags, for their low effort antag rounds. It's very simple. If I, the player ooc, know you're an antag 15 minutes in because you've been doing obviously suspicious things to the point where there's no doubt, you're playing on the wrong goonstation server. Bonus points for syndie hat. This usually puts secoffs in a very awkward situation, where, in my personnal experience, I can't really do shit because I hate powergaming when it comes to arresting antags, but at the same time, I still know full well you're going to be trouble. It's even more terrible when I'm solo sec, because I have multiple antags to work with, I feel obliged to process you fully, take all your toys away etc... Cause there might be another traitor making a fucking TTV or some shit, and I can't let the antag go freely because theres not enough suspicion blablabla.

Basically what I'm trying to say is :  It's very hard to apply the "Be nice to antags" principle, when antags are doing low effort shittery or just not trying to hide their traitorous tendencies at all. And I hate when I can't be nice to antags. Last time I caught an antag redhanded he just cryod and I felt so bad cause he was actually trying to do good antag stuff.

I don't know if I should ahelp these kinds of antag, or if the problem is just me. Because it's not actual shittery like unflooring the whole station as non antag. It's just low effort antag stuff. If that's what you're into, sure. But not on RP... common...

RE: RP Antagonists. - Mrprogamer96 - 01-30-2021

if you are dealing with some oblivious Antags as a sec off, might be a good idea to put a tracker Implant in them before they are sent to the brig. that is a thing that I do not see sec use a lot even though it is in space law that they can do so when dealing with enemy agents.

RE: RP Antagonists. - Akride - 01-31-2021

(01-30-2021, 06:14 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote: if you are dealing with some oblivious Antags as a sec off, might be a good idea to put a tracker Implant in them before they are sent to the brig. that is a thing that I do not see sec use a lot even though it is in space law that they can do so when dealing with enemy agents.

I always track highly suspicious people after processing them, but thing is I have to process them first. And that's where it gets awkward because my character can't really take some of these antags in, knowing they aren't exactly doing higlhy illegal stuff. Most of the time it's ticket worthy, but you also know that most of the time, these same people will end up doing stuff that is worth much more than a simple ticket. What's too bad is you have to wait for them to do something terrible to actually arrest them. But ooc you know full well you could have prevented this.

RE: RP Antagonists. - THISISANICEGAME - 01-31-2021

You don't need to take all of someone's antag stuff as a sec officer and it is easy to come up with good RP reasons not to do so, stuff like making a agreement with them for them not to go hog wild as long as you let em keep their stuff or even just not searching them if what they did doesn't warrant a search(you get to decided what does and what doesn't warrant a search), it is fine to let em go without harsh punishment, especially on RP, where you can kind of trust other players to not go ham without some proper escalation and if someone is not RPing their killing and whatever you can just ahelp them.

RE: RP Antagonists. - Akride - 01-31-2021

(01-31-2021, 09:46 AM)THISISANICEGAME Wrote: You don't need to take all of someone's antag stuff as a sec officer and it is easy to come up with good RP reasons not to do so, stuff like making a agreement with them for them not to go hog wild as long as you let em keep their stuff or even just not searching them if what they did doesn't warrant a search(you get to decided what does and what doesn't warrant a search), it is fine to let em go without harsh punishment, especially on RP, where you can kind of trust other players to not go ham without some proper escalation and if someone is not RPing their killing and whatever you can just ahelp them.

That's exactly what i've been doing. The problem once again, is not after i take them in, but rather how I can roleplay the arrest because they are just not roleplaying they antag behaviour.

RE: RP Antagonists. - Technature - 02-03-2021

If people on the RP server are not actually doing the RP, get an admin's attention.

Also, keep in mind that RPing a bad guy isn't always easy, especially for people coming off the other servers. As long as they're putting in an effort, there's not a whole lot you can do about it.