Goonstation Forums
Rework erebokinesis - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Rework erebokinesis (/showthread.php?tid=13922)

Rework erebokinesis - Superlagg - 02-20-2020

With a single mutation, you can make it next to impossible to do anything in a fairly wide area!

Maybe instead of overlaying a black square on every tile, it could work with the lighting system and... use something like an anti-light?

RE: Rework erebokinesis - KikiMofo - 02-20-2020

I dont like the darkness power. Make it just be the Blind spell from wizard instead of area darkness.

RE: Rework erebokinesis - zjdtmkhzt - 02-20-2020

I mean, you can still do lots of things by right clicking and a good sense of where things are - but I wouldn't mind a more translucent big black overlay that makes it hard to see, but not impossible. And so you can still click stuff, sort of like the new small lights, except with a big, high-opacity texture instead of a small, bright one.

RE: Rework erebokinesis - KikiMofo - 02-20-2020

I think its more people like to see the shuttle at the end instead of just seeing NOTHING. Kinda makes the shuttle boring if you can't see shit. Genetics nerds spamming the darkness power over the shuttle sucks ass. For a bit genetics nerds were not as horrible as they use to be because now they can sell the powers and people liked that but the darkness power is getting overused and its just not cool anymore.

RE: Rework erebokinesis - Superlagg - 02-20-2020

(02-20-2020, 08:01 PM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: I mean, you can still do lots of things by right clicking and a good sense of where things are - but I wouldn't mind a more translucent big black overlay that makes it hard to see, but not impossible. And so you can still click stuff, sort of like the new small lights, except with a big, high-opacity texture instead of a small, bright one.

Rightclick is also a great way to mangle your client, depending on how fun the round's been.

RE: Rework erebokinesis - Drago156 - 02-21-2020

So as a person who's recently been doing genenerdery when I want a chill round, I can say that Erebokinesis isn't quite as common as one would think, but it is indeed extremely annoying. Definitely could use a better overlay or just be changed to dim the lighting in an area.

RE: Rework erebokinesis - Mouse - 02-21-2020

I still think it should have a higher stability penalty and an extremely fatal backfire.

Or just not work on the shuttle, that's fine too.

RE: Rework erebokinesis - Nnystyxx - 02-21-2020

If it backfires you hear some Sumerian gibberish and when the darkness clears you are gone.

Also fuck using Erebokinesis on the shuttle. It's awful for how easy it is to upkeep forever.

RE: Rework erebokinesis - moistgrandmas42 - 02-22-2020

Why not just increase the CD? At the moment it's main issue is it can be kept up on an area almost indefinitely by one person.

RE: Rework erebokinesis - Nnystyxx - 02-23-2020

(02-22-2020, 03:42 PM)moistgrandmas42 Wrote: Why not just increase the CD? At the moment it's main issue is it can be kept up on an area almost indefinitely by one person.

Well the other issue is that it already sucks major ass, but then it also sucks ass repeatedly. The cooldown only goes so far

RE: Rework erebokinesis - sartorius - 02-23-2020

Wouldn't mind if this straight up killed the user on the shuttle's z-level due to its sheer obnoxiousness.

RE: Rework erebokinesis - Lady Birb - 02-23-2020

(02-23-2020, 02:17 PM)sartorius Wrote: Wouldn't mind if this straight up killed the user on the shuttle's z-level due to its sheer obnoxiousness.

RE: Rework erebokinesis - Flourish - 02-24-2020

Decreased the duration of the area darkness itself as stopgap measure. It's now a random value between 10 and 30 seconds. Further feedback + thoughts are appreciated, since this is just a bandaid.

RE: Rework erebokinesis - Frank_Stein - 02-25-2020

What is the power meant to accomplish? Is the user supposed to use the darkness to hide, evade capture, or is it just a gimmick?

RE: Rework erebokinesis - sartorius - 02-25-2020

I think you hit the nail on the head there. However it really doesn't play well with the shuttle z-level.