Goonstation Forums
Cryoxadone Nerf? - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Cryoxadone Nerf? (/showthread.php?tid=13864)

Pages: 1 2

Cryoxadone Nerf? - Dickles - 02-15-2020

I use it all the time. It obsoletes pretty much all other meds for just healing damage other than toxin damage (which it still does a good job on). I mean, I like having it, it makes things simple, but still. It's too good. 

Atropine is amazing, but it's balanced because of the movement confusion and harm if they're not in crit. I wouldn't mind if cryoxadone had something like that. Maybe not as severe, the movement confusion is really awful on atropine, but something to balance out the massive heal. I know being frozen sucks, but it doesn't feel like much of a downside compared to how much you're getting out of it.

I don't really want to see cryotubes nerfed as they're never used as it is; maybe some form of debilitation if you're not very close to the right temperature? Would mean it can still be used in the form of pills, but as you warm up it might mess you up a bit.

RE: Cryoxadone Nerf? - zjdtmkhzt - 02-15-2020

I had actually thought Cryoxadone was already nerfed in some way not too long ago? Specifically the combination of cryostylane and cryoxadone. Was it just the change to how icecubes work or was anything about Cryoxadone changed as well? I'm not really sure, but I've seen some cryoheal pills around since then and they seemed pretty effective, so I wouldn't mind nerfing it a bit more, especially if it's just adding some slight debilitation to the person, rather than nerfing the heal.

RE: Cryoxadone Nerf? - Superlagg - 02-15-2020

Plus, there's the fact that space cola warms you up pretty quickly, so you can recover from being cubed a but faster.

RE: Cryoxadone Nerf? - UrsulaMejor - 02-15-2020

I made a patch but it wasn't merged:

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=13365

RE: Cryoxadone Nerf? - Drago156 - 02-15-2020

Maybe make it burn you while you're in the ice cube instead of doing crazy heal, so you're motivated to not be in there forever

RE: Cryoxadone Nerf? - Carbadox - 02-16-2020

My favourite moment with playing against cryo was when I was a gang member with a revolver and shot 8+ pointblanks into someone and all they had to do was take a pill every 4 shots and could still fight with no problem.

RE: Cryoxadone Nerf? - Podrick Equus - 02-16-2020

My favorite moment with cryo pills was someone that ate around 30 lethal AI turret shots while chugging cryo pills between them, while my shell was also attacking them with the wirecutters omnitool. They escaped eventually.

RE: Cryoxadone Nerf? - Vengarr - 02-16-2020

Cryostylene should probably stun you on INGEST instead of freezing you solid. Freezing your organs from the inside out is not exactly Best Practices.

RE: Cryoxadone Nerf? - Lady Birb - 02-16-2020

(02-16-2020, 12:26 PM)Vengarr Wrote: Cryostylene should probably stun you on INGEST instead of freezing you solid. Freezing your organs from the inside out is not exactly Best Practices.

This is the best idea for this I think. Make it so cryostylane stuns you instead of putting you in a cube of ultimate protection

RE: Cryoxadone Nerf? - UrsulaMejor - 02-16-2020

I feel like you're not considering how people will weaponize stun on ingest.

I feel like my patch is a good middle ground on this matter. have ya'll read it?

RE: Cryoxadone Nerf? - KikiMofo - 02-17-2020

(02-16-2020, 10:09 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: have ya'll read it?

no

RE: Cryoxadone Nerf? - Vengarr - 02-17-2020

(02-16-2020, 10:09 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I feel like you're not considering how people will weaponize stun on ingest.

I feel like my patch is a good middle ground on this matter. have ya'll read it?

I mean, if somone is going to force-feed you a pill, there are wayyyyy worse things they can give you than a stun.

I did read the patch, but I just don't like the idea of a pill freezing you into an ice cube in the first place. If anything, being frozen solid should make you more vulnerable to being bashed, not less.

I'm a 90's kid, so this is my mental imagine of Cryostylene:
https://youtu.be/fXW02XmBGQw?t=12

RE: Cryoxadone Nerf? - saccharineChampion - 02-17-2020

I'm disappointed urs' patch hasn't made it in - I think anybody interested in a cryo nerf should check it out.

RE: Cryoxadone Nerf? - 2Green - 02-17-2020

(02-15-2020, 06:04 PM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: Was it just the change to how icecubes work or was anything about Cryoxadone changed as well?

How were icecubes changed? I'm unaware of this.

RE: Cryoxadone Nerf? - GORE - 02-17-2020

I feel like ice-cubes are pretty nice for the wraith to abuse and in the rare events of such a stellar-constelation happening I am all-in cheering for the wraith to bring the ice-cube into the realm of the living - trapping it's soul forever in the [array-of-souls] .