Goonstation Forums
Metagaming Ban - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Server Appeals (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Unban Appeals (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Metagaming Ban (/showthread.php?tid=13789)

Metagaming Ban - XBlake1 - 02-06-2020

Who Banned you?: flourish
Byond Key: XBlake1
Date of Ban: Feb 6, 2020
Reason: 
     Very blatantly metagaming with Billandhispill. XBlake1 was given capulettium, and without seeing them, [Mike Hunt (Billandhispill) SAY: Hey, my friend is bleeding to death somewhere rn (159,197,1 in Robotics)] [Mike Hunt (Billandhispill) SAY: Someones dragging him (159,197,1 in Robotics)]. When told about rule 3, which says to not metagame, [Reply PM from-XBlake1/Hanz Panzer ï: the admins on this server are fucking cucks, if you're gonna ban me just for talking to my friend im fucking leaving] and logged out.
Ban Length: Permanent

What led to the ban?: 
     Me and my friend where in a discord call and wanted to learn how to play cargo so we hopped on Goon RP due to it's low population. I accidentally ran out an airlock and subsequently died almost immediately after the round started. My friend said I was dead and told them where I was, and this lead to the assumption of Metagaming by an admin. I told the admin it wouldn't happen again and it didn't. I joined Goon RP again today to try and learn robotocist and another admin confronted me despite the matter being cleared previously. I got heated and undeservedly swore at flourish and logged off.
Why am I appealing?: 
     The plain and simple reason I am appealing is because I truly enjoy Goon. It is my favorite server on SS13 and I used almost exclusively. I believe the admin was completely justified in banning me except for the fact that he banned me permanently. It was a single and minor offense, with my friend simply telling another player where my body was so I could continue playing without waiting 30 minutes for another round to start. I know that it is not ok to break the rules but I believe that essentially being handed the death penalty for talking to my friend is a bit of extensive. I am aware that I broke another rule (rule #2) by getting angry and not cooperating with the admin. Since this is the case I am not asking to be unbanned, just to have my sentence reduced from a permanent ban. As I previously stated a ban is definitely deserved for my offense, but keeping me from being able to participate on my favorite server for the rest of my time in Space Station 13 is undeserved.

Which rule did you break: #3 (Metagaming) and #2 (Respect the Admins)
Evasion Attempts: I tried to use another account.

RE: Metagaming Ban - Flourish - 02-07-2020

Hi, thanks for the appeal. The reason why this was a permaban was because you logged out before the conversation was finished.

When we say that you shouldn't metagame, we mean that you shouldn't talk about anything happening in the current round through any out-of-game methods. Obviously, telling your friend that you were dying and someone was dragging you through a Discord call or whatever would break this. As you mentioned yourself, you were very recently talked to about metagaming, so please be more mindful in the future.

In addition to the rule about metagaming, please don't call people "cucks", as that breaks the rule about bigotry and sexual content. If all of this sounds good to you, please just respond with an affirmative and I'll lift your ban.

RE: Metagaming Ban - XBlake1 - 02-07-2020

(02-07-2020, 10:59 AM)Flourish Wrote: Hi, thanks for the appeal. The reason why this was a permaban was because you logged out before the conversation was finished.

When we say that you shouldn't metagame, we mean that you shouldn't talk about anything happening in the current round through any out-of-game methods. Obviously, telling your friend that you were dying and someone was dragging you through a Discord call or whatever would break this. As you mentioned yourself, you were very recently talked to about metagaming, so please be more mindful in the future.

In addition to the rule about metagaming, please don't call people "cucks", as that breaks the rule about bigotry and sexual content. If all of this sounds good to you, please just respond with an affirmative and I'll lift your ban.

Yeah sounds good man, sorry for being rude yo you, I understand you're just doing your job.

RE: Metagaming Ban - Flourish - 02-08-2020

Lifted your ban! Let me know if you have any issues connecting.