Goonstation Forums
Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) (/showthread.php?tid=13469)

Pages: 1 2

Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) - vampirate - 12-12-2019

Edit: TLDR choose three games from the list, list those three games in order of preference... I'll do a drawing of all people who want that game and haven't already gotten one and give it to the "winner" everyone SHOULD get a game by the time this is done.

Hey guys/gals/etc!  So ... back when I played I was a real bummer, like... hard as hell to play with for most except a few people.    However, this Christmas season I was looking at all the spare game keys I've accumulated over the years, mostly from humble bundle when I bought bundles, and other times I got doubles and was wondering what to do with them.

I thought of the SS13 community.   I can't make up for how much distress I caused, but like... I thought in the spirit of Christmas maybe I could at least put some positive back out there.  So I'm doing a key give away.    There's no strings attached.   If we didn't get along, if you hated me, if I hated you.... none of that matters.  Request your game, get your game.  I won't even say anything other than "Here's your code: XXXXXX Merry Christmas or Holiday!"   

The way this will work is I am going to list the keys I got right now.   I'll come back in five days (I upped the time to give more people a chance. If this is negatively received I can revert it back, I just want enough people to get a chance at a game) and see who requested what.     

I'll put each person who hasn't already won a game in a random number generator (each game will get their own drawing and only people who listed that game are in each drawing) . 
Basically if more than one person requests a game I'll do a drawing to see who it goes to.
Winner gets the key.   
FOR THAT REASON. request three games.   I'm doing it this way rather than first come first serve so people don't feel the need to rush out and request a game then realize they'd have preferred another.   If you happen to have not gotten a game after your top three I'll message you in order of posting with the list remaining and just let you pick one. 

You'll need to make it so I can message you on the forums at least during the drawing for obvious reasons.  Obviously if I just posted the keys, one person could claim them all or even an automated bot set up to look for key postings online could sweep in.  Btw if any of these happen to already be redeemed (it could happen on a couple of them) let me know.  We'll get the game in your hands somehow or another one.  Shouldn't be an issue for most since I 'll be getting humble to reveal them for the first time.
Lastly... my new vid card came with a copy of the latest Call of Duty(Modern Warfare) game.   I could care less about this game.   After your three choices indicate if you'd like to be included for the key.  Please only ask if you'll use it.

One more thing.   To make sure no one tries to just pick the highest value game and sell the key I'm going to attempt to redeem every key three days after I sent it to ya.  If there's a reason you might not be on for a few days just list it in your post. I'm happy to hold on to it.  These safeguards are just here to make sure the keys end up with people who'll use them and want them :-).    

Also only accounts made before this post qualify.  Sorry new guys, but the reason there should be obvious :p

Edit: Time extended to five days.

Dear God.... can I ever just explain ANYTHING in a few short sentences?  Anyway.... after much explanation the games list is as follows.

Forged Batallion
PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2
Motorsport Manager
Kingdom: New Lands
GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2
Call of Duty®: WWII  (with a dlc code for some small addons)
Rapture Rejects
Bastion
Shenmue 1 and 2
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Slay the Spire
Kind Words
Love is Dead
NAIRI: Tower of Shirin
Road Redemption
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 plus some DLC
Punch Club
Clustertruck
Pool Panic
Wandersong
Absolver
She Remembered Caterpillars
Cultist Simulator
Sniper Elite 3
Super Daryl Deluxe
Roombo: First Blood (Justice Sucks)
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Guild Wars 2: Heroic Edition
Guns of Icarus Alliance Collector's Edition 
Overwatch (plus I got some codes for some lootboxes)
7 Days to Die 
How to Survive
ETHEREAL
Hearts of Iron 4
Planet Alpha
Surviving Mars
Rising Storm 2 plus its 2 dlc's
Almost There: The Platformer
MOTHERGUNSHIP
Q.U.B.E. 2

I've done my best to at least lightly curate that list so that each game has  done well/gotten accolades/is well reviewed so mostly no filler here.   Everything from indie gems to high end names.   I'll be back in 48 hours to see who asked for what and handle the drawings.  Again, even if you hated me.... no strings attached here, no preferential treatment.  Ask and you shall receive same as anyone.  This is a Christmas thing, just make sure I can pm you the code on the forums or at a minimum add me on discord til you get the key.

Vampirate#6895 

Send a message "hey it's ___ from the ss13" and I'll confirm, next and last message you get from me has the key :p
Anyhoo.  

Long road to get there (as always with me) but I hope this'll brighten a few holidays.   

If you have any questions I'll lurk to make sure I covered everything.  Don't rush pick,  drawing's not til Tueday at 9pm Eastern at which point I'll start doing them if they're even needed. Again I set this up so everyone, hopefully, will get a game, and everyone has the chance to draw for the new COD.  

Full Disclosure on the COD Modern Warfare, I'm not sure how the key system works on their redemption voucher, so we'll cross that bridge together.

By the way if you want feedback on any of the games, I may be able to provide some. Aside from Call of Duty, I've played most of these.

Also one last thing, I don't think that many people are going to participate but on the off chance that they do and literally all the games get taken, anyone who didn't get a game will be put in one last drawing(digitally done) for a 10 dollar steam gift card.

RE: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway - Zafhset - 12-12-2019

Cheers for being festive!
Not sure if I get all of what you wrote, but my top three picks would be :

1. GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2
2. Slay the Spire
3. Kingdom Come: Deliverance

RE: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway - vampirate - 12-12-2019

Yeah sorry about that, I was trying to make sure I was transparent about the system to let everyone know it was going to be fair. Oof, if anyone has a suggested rewrite to make it clearer I'd fully implement it. I have a bad bad habit of being too wordy. Anyhoo ... Those are some good choices. Slay the Spire in particular got a solid 100 hours of my time with no regrets. If anyone loves games with cards, and roguelites whoever gets it is gonna get some serious hours in that one :p

RE: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) - NateTheSquid - 12-13-2019

not sure if shenmue 1 and 2 are packed together or just listed together, if they are:
1. shenmue 1 (and 2??)
2. cultist simulator
3. bastion

if not packed together
1. shenmue 1
2. shenmue 2
3. cultist simulator

quite a generous gesture to make

RE: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) - Skornzy - 12-13-2019

Hey, this is a fantastic holiday idea!

Mark me down for:
1. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
2. 7 Days to die
3. Punch Club

Thanks for continuing to think about the community all things considered.

RE: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) - pali6 - 12-13-2019

Thanks for doing this and merry Christmas!

I'll enter with a choice of:
1. Surviving Mars
2. Road Redemption
3. Kingdom Come: Deliverance

RE: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) - vampirate - 12-13-2019

Regarding Shenmu

They are pack together all in one code as far as I can tell. Even if they're not I'll count them as one for anyone who wants the Shenmu series. It makes more sense than forcing two separate people to have to go buy the other :-)

Regarding COD

The new Call of Duty doesn't count as one of the three, so @wonkmin barring an update I'll just list the other Calls of Duty as your choices :-)

To be clear to everyone, like list your three, then just sign up for the new Modern Warfare drawing separate.

RE: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) - Comrade f191 - 12-13-2019

Thank you very much for doing this, Merry Christmas!
So, the three games that I wouldn't mind are, as follows:

Rising Storm 2
Surviving Mars
Sniper Elite

RE: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) - Technature - 12-13-2019

1.Surviving Mars
2.Cultist Simulator
3.Hearts of Iron

Neat Santa.

RE: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) - Salami Sam - 12-14-2019

Super cool of you for doing this!

Interested in these:

Kingdom Come
Overwatch
Slay the Spire

RE: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) - Archer231 - 12-16-2019

1. Slay the spire
2. Cultist simulator

RE: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) - Tarmunora - 12-16-2019

I'll go for
NAIRI: Tower of Shirin
She Remembered Caterpillars
Slay the Spire

RE: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) - moonlol - 12-16-2019

i'll take
1. Cultist simulator
2. Slay the spire
3. Surviving mars

RE: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) - HydroFloric - 12-16-2019

Might aswell place my bets,
1. Clustertruck
2. Slay the Spire
3. Wandersong

RE: Vamp's Christmas Game Giveaway (Now with TLDR at the beginning) - vampirate - 12-17-2019

I did the drawing a little early. Everyone ended up with either their top choice or mutiples. if you only got one game, and you see a game that wasn't picked you'd like, shoot me a PM or reply to the PM I send you with the key and let me know. I'll toss you that game.

1.zafhset
Guilty Gear

2. NateTheSquid
Shenmu
Bastion

3. Wonkmin
Hearts of Iron
Call of Duty Modern Warfare (all)

4. Skornzy
7 days to die
Punch Club

5. Pali6
Road Redemption

6. Comradef191
Rising Storm 2
Sniper Elite

7. Salami Sam
Kingdom Come
Overwatch

8. Archer231
Slay the Spire

9. Tarmunora
Nairi
She Remembered Catapillars

10. Moonlol
Cultist Simulator

11. Technature
Surviving Mars

12. Hydrofloric
Clustertruck
Wandersong

I'll start sending keys out. If anyone has a problem with any of the keys, send me a screencap and I'll contact humble and get it sorted.

All keys sent, let me know if there are any issues!

If I could only contact you by email, that's how it was sent. If it didn't arrive check your spam!