Goonstation Forums
Nerf Acid Spit - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Nerf Acid Spit (/showthread.php?tid=1256)

Pages: 1 2 3

Nerf Acid Spit - Motherfucker - 07-07-2013

Changeling acid spit, it is turd and not really acid.

When a changeling acid spits what it actually does is unleash a green nerf football crossed with a homing missile crossed with a house brick that seeks you out through walls doors and windows and smashes you in the skull, rendering you unconscious.

This /wonderful/ skill means now the changeling is free to go have a smoke, read the paper and generally relax, since you're knocked the fuck out and cannot hope to respond in any meaningful way, naturally this gives him plenty of time to walk up and neurotox you as well, while he's at it he can even get half way through chewing on your feet before you finally wake up and gasp forlornly at him because he is choking you.

Make acid spit an offensive weapon, make it splat the target with sticky burning acid (handily removing their helmets and masks for easier choking!), that way they have the choice to either stick around and fight the ling while their flesh sloughs off in bloody clumps (but doesn't interfere with their combat abilities or knock them out!) or run away and get some water and burn patches to replace their missing skin. Because currently acid spit is just a fancy word for 'instant knock out with no effort or skill required' and is the sole reason changelings are the shittiest of antagonists.

Re: Nerf Acid Spit - Motherfucker - 07-07-2013

But what's that I hear you say? With the recent health changes changelings need to be stealthier than ever? they need some means of silencing prey? Well silence is golden, so why not make a muting sting that gives temporary frontal gyrus suspension or injects an aphonia reagent, this would mean that rather than opening negotiations with an instant victory missile you have to carefully approach the target and sting them, than sting them again with neurotox or a heavy object or a taser or something than proceed to eat them.

Re: Nerf Acid Spit - Clarks - 07-07-2013

If toxic spit didn't KO a victim changeling rounds would be endless benny hill chases. Hilarious to watch, horrible to play.

A changeling is up against the entire station. If he picks you alone and out of view from help, he shouldn't have a hard time to finish the kill.

Re: Nerf Acid Spit - Klayboxx - 07-07-2013

Hi guys, did you know acid spit is literally the worst thing in the world? If you spit at someone right next to you, the spit will appear on the tile they are on and as long as they are moving off of that tile, the spit will pass through them and they are safe. Then, it moves so god damned slow that only a literal chickenhead would get hit by it.

don't nerf my awesome insta-KO, how will I win now?! bitch moan bitch moan.

Acid spit is turds, having the power to insta KO is turds, pretending that's okay is turds.

Instantanious unavoidable death from across the room being as lovely as it is perhaps the changeling does need an incapacitating power that silences, stuns and removes all possible recourse at all, but why would you make it ranged? you know what else the changeling gets that's pretty fair and balanced, stings. you sting and it stuns, perhaps the changeling can get a sting that causes the target to slow down to 'wearing riot armor' speed and become muted, not /completely helpless instantly/ but not 'running around like an idiot spamming "CCCCCHHHHAANAAANGGLLELIIINGG GEEENNNENEEETTTTIIIICICIIS"

Re: Nerf Acid Spit - mozi - 07-07-2013

I thought the whole idea of changeling/vampire is that if they catch you alone you're supposed to be screwed

always use the buddy system

Re: Nerf Acid Spit - enforcer9 - 07-07-2013

mozi Wrote:I thought the whole idea of changeling/vampire is that if they catch you alone you're supposed to be screwed

always use the buddy system
This is how I always saw it, I don't have any problem with changelings and I don't even play as them often.

Also, changelings lose horribly almost as often as wizards, so nerfing them would probably just cause them to surpass wizards in horribility.

Re: Nerf Acid Spit - Klayboxx - 07-07-2013

Motherfucker ARE you a chickenhead? The spit travels at like walking speed. You can dance around the spit until it despawns if you want. I know because I HAVE done that. You can also put a table window or door between you and the spit and you're safe.

Just because you're bad doesn't mean everyone should bow down and pander to the lowest denominator.

Re: Nerf Acid Spit - Marquesas - 07-07-2013

Motherfucker Wrote:This thread, it is turd and not really any kind of good idea. My name fits me.

Re: Nerf Acid Spit - Cogwerks - 07-07-2013

Klayboxx Wrote:...Then, it moves so god damned slow that only a literal chickenhead would get hit by it.

Klayboxx Wrote:Motherfucker ARE you a chickenhead?

Chickenhead? What the fuck? Do you know what that term means?
Acid spit moves so slowly that only a 'dumb black woman who performs fellatio all day' would get hit by it?
That's some weird lingo to be tossing around dude.

Re: Nerf Acid Spit - mozi - 07-07-2013

he said a "literal chickenhead" so maybe he is in fact pointing out that the decapitated head of a chicken lying on the ground would have little hope of dodging an acid spit

Re: Nerf Acid Spit - VictorMAngoStein - 07-07-2013

Motherfucker Wrote:Please remove the only advantage changelings ave so they stawp ruining my immersion

Re: Nerf Acid Spit - Shoddy - 07-07-2013

There are some problems here.

The changeling spit is the only thing changelings have to down people effectively, neurotoxin sting takes approximately 30 seconds or so ( from old health system i dont fucking know) to down someone cold, while it does allow for a good 3 or so minutes of KO, it takes so long to activate and gives such visible signs of being stung that everyone is going to scream your name because jesus christ nobody takes 30 seconds to type
:

" Alferdo Handkerchief is a changeling at medbay in the third right corridor to robotics in the top most right corner, he has currently used his neurotoxin ability but is still vulnerable, AI please send securit-BLARGH!"

Toxin spit and neurotoxin sting are the changeling's bread and butter, you take one away and it screws up the whole system, the whole point of the changeling is that it is an extremely deadly predator that cannot easily be defeated in 1V1 combat.

Also, to Motherfucker: a person has been pointing out legitimate criticism's to your honestly not well thought out suggestion, and you reply with accusing them of bitching and moaning

This idea is incredibly stupid.

here is a good idea: one or the other, make acid spit a close range attack that downs people without question of hitting them while they happen to move one tile, or make it a ranged attack that lets you click on someone with the power activated to throw your spit at em. ( kind of like the suggestions for the wizard's fire ball.

Re: Nerf Acid Spit - Sundance - 07-07-2013

Naw, I agree with shoddy. It IS the bread and butter of lings.
The only thing I'd say is the homing part. Like honestly, what kind of acid homes in on you in real life? I know.. ss13 2d spacemen.. but come on.
Instead of a projectile, make it a spray like the janitors, but no splash damage i.e: Can only it one person.