Goonstation Forums
Ban Appeal - Beavus - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Server Appeals (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Unban Appeals (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: No (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Thread: Ban Appeal - Beavus (/showthread.php?tid=11996)

Ban Appeal - Beavus - Beavus - 04-15-2019

Who banned you?: Wonkmin
Byond Key: No idea how to find it.
Date of Ban: 4/15/2019
Specified Reason for Ban:  Just off a half week ban for shit behaviour on the RP server, now demanding people "give him the suck" and that they take their pants off. Do not connect to RP1 again, even when this ban is free. Read the rules.
Ban Length: 7 Day
What led to the ban? On Goonstation #1, A few friends of mine decided to play sec and one was playing engineer, I was teaching them all how to play the game. During one of our engagements we jokingly chased around a buddy of ours playing engineer. Eventually we caught up to him and took him to the brig. We took his clothes off and said in game chat with the security microphone's engaged to "Give me the suck" as wonkmin generously put it. It was all in good fun, REGARDLESS if it was on goonstation #1. If an admin were to look through the logs you would see the back and forth banter between my friend and I. Still apparently I get banned for some crude banter.
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: Im appealing because I think my ban was unjustified. In fact, I was reporting people legitimately rdm'ing. Its funny, when I do something that nowhere near crosses the line an admin comes in and bans me for the most minuscule task. I did not go around mass slaughtering people and throwing people out of airlocks. I was simply rp'ing for rp sakes. Was it not funny? Probably not. However, asking someone to "give me the suck" is not the same as blowing up entire departments and slaughtering multiple people. I was killed over 3 times on the server from the same person with a syringe that would cause my lungs to explode. Where their ban hammer?

Wonkmin if you're reading this your're kind of a dipshit. You shouldn't be an admin, regardless of your tenure as a member. A good admin would thoroughly investigate everything instead of impulse banning like a 14 year old with their newly acquired minecraft server. Now, in regards to my earlier ban. I genuinely fucked up and made a mistake and I take responsibility for it. You take this shit way too seriously for what it is. This is a game, not real fucking life. Stop treating it like its the only thing that exists in this world. If I get perma-banned for expressing my opinion then you need to go outside and experience the real world. Silencing my opinion just shows youre weak.

Conclusively, isn't the intention of this game to have fun? Isn't that the intention of any game? Is me asking someone to "give me the suck" for 5 minutes max really going to ruin the fun for them in this game? If you answered yes, you're simply a mongoloid. Griefing can be easily defined as "performing actions in a game to prevent the player from enjoying the game." That being said, I did not "grief" any individual on this server today by asking him to suck my dick.

Please get back to me, I genuinely enjoy your server and have had a great time on it, although it has been short lived.

My key is: Beavus

RE: Ban Appeal - Beavus - Wonkmin - 04-15-2019

I'll let the other admins handle this one as clearly you're not interested in a non-insulting discussion.

RE: Ban Appeal - Beavus - Beavus - 04-15-2019

(04-15-2019, 12:38 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: I'll let the other admins handle this one as clearly you're not interested in a non-insulting discussion.

Listen, I don't intend to offend. I just think you impulse banned that's all. I understand that being an admin is probably an infuriating task and that you have to deal with people like me all the time. But come on, level with me, if you read the entirety of the logs you would see everything was in good fun. I'm just hoping you reconsider.

RE: Ban Appeal - Beavus - Wonkmin - 04-15-2019

I've read the entirety of the logs. I always do. Your behaviour is completely against the clear rules of the server and of the RP server as well. Have you even read them? Your random assaults of people and sexual content are very clearly against the rules.

RE: Ban Appeal - Beavus - Gannets - 04-15-2019

(04-15-2019, 12:42 AM)Beavus Wrote: Listen, I don't intend to offend.

(04-15-2019, 12:31 AM)Beavus Wrote: Wonkmin if you're reading this your're kind of a dipshit. You shouldn't be an admin, regardless of your tenure as a member. A good admin would thoroughly investigate everything instead of impulse banning like a 14 year old with their newly acquired minecraft server.

Without getting in to the actual content of this ban, this is a very poor start.

(04-15-2019, 12:45 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: I've read the entirety of the logs. I always do. Your behaviour is completely against the clear rules of the server and of the RP server as well. Have you even read them? Your random assaults of people and sexual content are very clearly against the rules.

Ok well my apologies for accusing you of not doing so. I have read the rules. Multiple times over. I did not commit random assault! If there was any assault it was in self defense. Be clear, I did not violate rule #1 on the rules. In no way did I grief whatsoever. The only somewhat legitimate argument that you have is that I violated rule #4, which I agree. However a week ban for this???

(04-15-2019, 12:46 AM)Gannets Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 12:42 AM)Beavus Wrote: Listen, I don't intend to offend.

(04-15-2019, 12:31 AM)Beavus Wrote: Wonkmin if you're reading this your're kind of a dipshit. You shouldn't be an admin, regardless of your tenure as a member. A good admin would thoroughly investigate everything instead of impulse banning like a 14 year old with their newly acquired minecraft server.

Without getting in to the actual content of this ban, this is a very poor start.

There's context to every argument. You just handpicked shit to try to prove a point. I'm genuinely not attempting to offend, but this is frustrating.

Id like for us to speak on discord, I really do not want to argue by typing. I think this can be hashed out more rationally vocally.

[Admin edit: discord link removed]

I will be rational.

RE: Ban Appeal - Beavus - Gannets - 04-15-2019

Yeah, I cherry-picked the bit where you said you weren't looking to offend your banning admin and then cherry-picked the bit where you did exactly that. I don't think that's misleading.

(04-15-2019, 01:03 AM)Gannets Wrote: Yeah, I hand-picked the bit where you said you weren't looking to offend your banning admin and then hand-picked the bit where you did exactly that. I don't think that's misleading.

That doesnt takeaway from the overall point.

RE: Ban Appeal - Beavus - Haine - 04-15-2019

(04-15-2019, 12:31 AM)Beavus Wrote: Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: Im appealing because I think my ban was unjustified. In fact, I was reporting people legitimately rdm'ing. Its funny, when I do something that nowhere near crosses the line an admin comes in and bans me for the most minuscule task. I did not go around mass slaughtering people and throwing people out of airlocks. I was simply rp'ing for rp sakes. Was it not funny? Probably not. However, asking someone to "give me the suck" is not the same as blowing up entire departments and slaughtering multiple people. I was killed over 3 times on the server from the same person with a syringe that would cause my lungs to explode. Where their ban hammer?

Relevant logs:
Quote:15M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: get your pants off now
15M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: thats an order
15M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: from the hos
15M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: LOL
15M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: what the fuck
17M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: GOT EM
17M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: alright pants off
17M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: oops
18M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: OK BUD
18M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: YOURE GONNA DO WHAT WE SAY
18M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: START SUCKING
19M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: GET ON YOUR KNEES SON
19M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: DO IT BOY
19M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: YOU KNOW WHAT
19M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: YOURE GOING IN THE TRASH
20M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: ; ALL PERSONEL REPORT TO FRONT OF SEC
20M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: You see this guy
20M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: hes not giving me the suck
20M Beavus Dweebus (Beavus) SAY: Its an order from HoS

Couple things:
1. On our servers, this crosses the line.  Very clearly so.  We have a no sexual content rule, #4, this falls under that, joking or not.  If you don't like that rule, that's fine, but if you're playing on our servers you need to follow the rules even if you don't agree with them.
2. Just because someone else is breaking rules doesn't mean it's okay if you break one.  I've also checked the logs and your adminhelp was looked into despite your ban - we don't tell you what the end result is when you adminhelp, that's how it is and how it's been for a long time.
3. No, no one is going to hash out the ban via discord.  This is where you appeal.

RE: Ban Appeal - Beavus - Azungar - 04-15-2019

I went through all the logs and made sure that I, as a completely outside admin to this case had a clear case of what happened and why you were banned. And as such I will stand with Wonk on his judgement on banning you. You have really given a terrible image of yourself through your appeal as well. You really shouldn't be offending the admin who banned you even if you are pissed off. Take this week off to go cooldown and actually read our rules so this doesn't happen in the future.

This appeal has been denied and I'm not letting anyone else waste their time on this appeal any more then they have already.

RE: Ban Appeal - Beavus - popecrunch - 04-15-2019

Adding another vote to the 'absolutely not' pile. The 'zero sexual content' rule is not merely a rule the admins agreed on, it is not merely a rule the playerbase is fine with, it is an explicit request on the part of the people that manage the physical servers the game runs on. You found one of the very few rules that is absolutely not up for negotiation.

RE: Ban Appeal - Beavus - magic mountain - 04-15-2019

wow. well, okay. haven't seen one this bad in a while. you seem to disagree with our rules and lack any desire to follow them in lieu of playing the game by your own definition of how the rules should be. you're unable to accept that you made a mistake and instead prefer to blame the guy who had to spend time out of his life to politely deal with you. this is my totally independent conclusion after reading every related log and this appeal.

this is our private space that we pay for in time and money to maintain as we see fit. if you were willing to meet us halfway and not act like this things would be different but if you're going to completely disrespect our community and insult wonk we're not going to give much weight to what seems to pass in your mind as reasonable debate. i'd deny this too if it wasn't already handled. better luck elsewhere.

please feel free to appeal again if you reflect on this and realize what is truly wrong with the situation.

edit: ps. i just saw the screenshot of your incredibly sad and weird discord chats about spending hours poring over wonk's entire online life and getting revenge on him somehow. actually please feel free to go away forever.